The SPFL recommendation?

19 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

The main difference being instead of being bought over and the club identity completely destroyed I’m in favour of relegation (a situation that can be recovered from if these clubs are actually fit to compete at league two level).

So in other words not very similar to Smith at all.

If you say so.

Guest Ecosse83

Deary me that statement from the spfl 🙈

If there is an independent enquiry into the vote and they are found to be bent as f**k which looks the case then what happens next? Could they reverse the decision and null and void like other countries have started doing?

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Deary me that statement from the spfl 🙈

If there is an independent enquiry into the vote and they are found to be bent as f**k which looks the case then what happens next? Could they reverse the decision and null and void like other countries have started doing?

Its farcical. We might have made a total feck up but we didnae mean it honest so please don't investigate us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Really? Well I vote if we don't accept any prize money/hand it back so we can get parachuted straight into the SPL.

Incredible that Kelty have the gall to open a statement claiming to be believers of Sporting Integrity yet in the next breath be effectively offering to buy their place in the league.

Apologies for, no doubt, re-opening a can of worms but what is the story with Kelty?

Deary me that statement from the spfl [emoji85]
What other countries other the Netherlands have made the decision to null and void?

4 hours ago, monthe blues said:

why should some gain from covid19 and some dont ,is that fair

No one is gaining from Covid-19. What a mental way to look at things.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Really? Well I vote if we don't accept any prize money/hand it back so we can get parachuted straight into the SPL.

Incredible that Kelty have the gall to open a statement claiming to be believers of Sporting Integrity yet in the next breath be effectively offering to buy their place in the league.

You have a time machine?

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:
12 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:
Deary me that statement from the spfl emoji85.png

What other countries other the Netherlands have made the decision to null and void?

France, they haven't confirmed but it looks like null and void will be the way they go!

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

France, they haven't confirmed but it looks like null and void will be the way they go!

I heard it on sky but having googled it it's clear they have still to decide so I'm talking bollocks 🤣

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Am I wrong is saying that the Scottish Premiership are looking at ways to complete the season just now?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Spfl board statement is frankly cringeworthy.  We had an investigation which said everything was cushty but as we're now going to have to have an egm we better start admitting that we made a complete arse of it but not deliberately it was because we didn't have enough folk. Honestly as amateurish as it gets ffs.

That isn’t an SPFL statement or an SPFL board statement it is a joint statement by some members of the SPFL Board - and believe it or not that is an important distinction.  

That isn’t an SPFL statement or an SPFL board statement it is a joint statement by some members of the SPFL Board - and believe it or not that is an important distinction.  

Is that to prevent it being used against Doncaster and his sidekick in the independent investigation into the vote?

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Shouldnt really be on SPFL notepaper then if that's the case. Anyway its cringeworthy whoever it's from.  Perhaps if they had come out and said something like this when cockwomble was trying to brush everything under the carpet it may have been different but we never heard a cheep from them then. Suddenly there's egm's called and investigations wanted and they've shat the nest.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

That’s a totally different scenario though as every club has plenty of notice of what’s at stake and what they are playing for. You can’t just end a season and change the goal posts relegating mid-table sides.

As has been stated many, many times why is 14-14-14 so attractive a model? We still play teams too many times, either 3 which is mega-shite or 4 (as now) in a split.

It’s funny how teams are happy to end the league early and relegate the bottom team even if they had a chance of avoiding the drop, BUT when all of a sudden they might be affected it’s toys out the prom and shouts of “it’s no fair “ 

4 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If it has been shown there was bit of jiggery pokery by the SPFL it doesnt look good on Deloitte either who performed the independant investigation

Not really, the terms of their investigation was clearly very limited as it was the SPFL board that directed them. 

"Search everywhere, leave no stone unturned...just don't look in the big wardrobe in Neil's office."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

If it has been shown there was bit of jiggery pokery by the SPFL it doesnt look good on Deloitte either who performed the independant investigation

Deloitte were instructed by the SPFL on what was to be investigated. It was a very narrow remit.

It’s funny how teams are happy to end the league early and relegate the bottom team even if they had a chance of avoiding the drop, BUT when all of a sudden they might be affected it’s toys out the prom and shouts of “it’s no fair “ 

Stranraer’s 2 league wins all season would suggest you were unlikely to string 5 or 6 together in the last 8 games.

Clyde on the other hand were closer to the promotion playoffs than the bottom so we’re not really comparing like for like.

For what it’s worth I favour 14-10-10-10 next season which would see Stranraer stay in league 1.