Interview with lowland league chairman

HowsonM

I agree. But, why would he be jealous of the WRSJFA? All parties worked together to create what we have now and it's a credit to them all. We're now on the brink of opening the next chapter of a bright future for us all.
You know fine well what I meant. You're not stupid, but you are clever at spin.

Let's just pretend that I am stupid then.
Explain why you believe that I'm jealous.
You really don't need me to explain that. If you do then we don't need to pretend that you're stupid. But you're not, and you know fine well (as does everybody else) what I'm saying. Pretending not to just makes you look silly.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
He'd make a good politician.
Waffled on a bit, said nothing we didn't already know and made it out to be all his own work.

Jealousy is a bad thing.

Do not remember him 'waffling' on at any time during the meeting that night, in fact blew away lots of the messages that were put to us at Hampden by the west region. 

You really don't need me to explain that. If you do then we don't need to pretend that you're stupid. But you're not, and you know fine well (as does everybody else) what I'm saying. Pretending not to just makes you look silly.
Looks like you've been taking lessons from your mentor. Waffled on, said nothing and avoided the question. Well done you.

I do think there is some cross purpose talk here. To me it seems as if Beenz is just talking about Gordon as WRJFA leader whilst other may be counting SJFA leadership dealing overall, which I believe Gordon was involved in. The truth of the answer may therefore be in between, Gordon has been a good WRJFA leader but part of a SJFA leadership that failed.

Never heard anyone pronounce Drummy in such a way as the bloke in the podcast.  Have you seen them play? Naw. 

Anyway, Listened to it and remain completely unconvinced about the conferences, seriously not looking forward to next seasons jamboree of unranked teams.

Also dont like celebrating how conferences makes the whole thing easier for them to organize. First difficult issue and it's all grabbing the easy opition with both hands.... causing almost all premier teams financial loses next season, while denying derbys, top clashes and fir what????? Accommodating 4 teams or amateurs that played elsewhere? 

The easy option is not always the best option. A fans perspective might be Aw but if I 'wait a year or two' I might get to see something like I was already watching in the first place.... not gonna get folk flooding in the gates is it?

Edited by Killiepiyo

I do think there is some cross purpose talk here. To me it seems as if Beenz is just talking about Gordon as WRJFA leader whilst other may be counting SJFA leadership dealing overall, which I believe Gordon was involved in. The truth of the answer may therefore be in between, Gordon has been a good WRJFA leader but part of a SJFA leadership that failed.
Nobody mentioned Gordon. [emoji848]

Never heard anyone pronounce Drummy in such a way as the bloke in the podcast.  Have you seen them play? Naw. 
Anyway, Listened to it and remain completely unconvinced about the conferences, seriously not looking forward to next seasons jamboree of unranked teams.
Also dont like celebrating how conferences makes the whole thing easier for them to organize. First difficult issue and it's all grabbing the easy opition with both hands.... causing almost all premier teams financial loses next season, while denying derbys, top clashes and fir what????? Accommodating 4 teams or amateurs that played elsewhere? 
The easy option is not always the best option. A fans perspective might be Aw but if I 'wait a year or two' I might get to see something like I was already watching in the first place.... not gonna get folk flooding in the gates is it?
For somebody who claims to have an open mind and just asks questions to get info, you don't half frame your questions and observations in a negative manner about the WoSFL.

Just an observation. [emoji6]

It sounds very much like you started listening with your mind already made up.

Everyone is going to be playing in a new league next season, a league in which they have no prior record.

Your club knew exactly what they were signing up for and that conferences were going to be in place for the first season.

Present Junior top flight clubs might lose a bit in gate receipts next season but lower division junior clubs (and the other applicants) will surely gain. We constantly hear on this forum about the "junior family" and looking out for each other but when it actually comes to it, that's just a meaningless slogan isn't it?

People are happy enough to keep the money between the same 16-20 clubs at the top of the pile and let the others feed on scraps. For all the talk of staying together, nobody actually really cares about the bottom clubs do they?

I have justed listened to 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZKi-IZsSaq98hPKsQJb95w which is "The Pyramid - Lowland league Catch Up Episode 66"

and the commentator was talking about the Scottish junior cup and the South Challenge cup and made a statement that the challenge cup is not mandatory.  Is this true ?  I hope not, it should be mandatory if your joining a set up where the main Cup is the Challenge cup.  

Anyone any gen on this and what's your views on this

Lol even mind readers now. You do know it's possible to be for something without drinking the whole jug of kool aid? I've taken flack for being pro joining the pyramid and seeming against it. Find when I raise practical product issues I get attacked rather than the point considered. The haters dont give credit to the west region for running a very competitive top division with some really tasty fixtures. If I was the lowland league I'd be rubbing my hands at the possibility of having such a well attended, established set up coming in. 

Current situation did not allow for fans to be fully consulted so is it unreasonable to consider that not everyone is chuffed with the prospect of next season? Aware of folk who dont post on here simply because they dont wish to be set upon. I highly doubt im the only one with the concern.

The vast majority of 60 plus clubs are from a well established set up, if it was 50/50 I'd be more supportive of conferences. If I was a Beith or clydebank it might give me a better chance of avoiding most the big teams, I can see it offering a chance of more title races and smaller clubs making some cash.

However imo theres a big hole in finances for next season for the majority of the larger clubs, aside from the virus situation and aware that lower division and amateur clubs dont have a big away support. That I think is avoidable and not being given the importance in what I've read. Its more difficult to seed but I dont think that should be a reason not to do so

Edited by Killiepiyo