Ground improvement/works thread

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's less than a mile from Drumgelloch and just over a mile from Airdrie stations. There's buses from Glasgow and East Kilbride, via Coatbridge and Motherwell that will drop you closer again. They also go through Airdrie if you can't manage either walk. There's quite a few local buses that will take you to pretty near the sports centre.

Naw there isnae........

Love when folk tell me the in and outs of public transport when going to watch any type of football, non league or any other league.

Let's look at your average supporter of any old Junior club. Age, certainly over 50, probably not in the rudiest of health.

And we're going to Gartcairn by train. No mention of needing a medical before trying to walk it from Drumgelloch Station. No problem. Was it mentioned it's up hill most of the way.

Airdrie Station, there's a taxi on the Main St, use it.

But there's buses from Glasgow. Are they meaning the 902 to Edinburgh Airport that goes through Monklands once an hour. And oh, the last bus back to Glasgow midweek is 8.20pm.

Or maybe the 201 bus to Peterburn to EK Dodgy. Pick the stop before or after the roundabout and start walking up a hill. Btw try it terminus to terminus. You'd be looking for admission to Hairmyres Hospital at the end of it.  Any hold ups and it's 2 hours.

Erm...not going tae quote the whole ramble 'cos sometimes I think ye talk pish...but this time...spot on.

However...if the guy at Gartcairn  has actually built us tiny short people (thanks Randy Newman) a wee bit of terrace so we can actually see the game we paid to see...then I will give it another chance.

One more chance. If it's not fixed after that we'll send the tiny wee boys round.

You have been warned.☘️

She....it.

Just a joke. I read that back...sheesh, just a joke, lads.

Edited by Black Pennel
Brute force and ignorance.

2 hours ago, mtln said:

260 I’d imagine 🙄

Well Mr roll eyes ... its given as 500 in the non-league Scotland site - but that only gives a seated capacity of 50. So I guess what I'm saying is - is there any other capacity other than the bits he's mentioned. 260 is going to be rather severely tested on Saturday if that is not the case ... but that's twice he's not answered 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Love when folk tell me the in and outs of public transport when going to watch any type of football, non league or any other league.

Let's look at your average supporter of any old Junior club. Age, certainly over 50, probably not in the rudiest of health.

And we're going to Gartcairn by train. No mention of needing a medical before trying to walk it from Drumgelloch Station. No problem. Was it mentioned it's up hill most of the way.

But there's buses from Glasgow. Are they meaning the 902 to Edinburgh Airport that goes through Monklands once an hour. And oh, the last bus back to Glasgow midweek is 8.20pm.

Or maybe the 201 bus to Peterburn to EK Dodgy. Pick the stop before or after the roundabout and start walking up a hill. Btw try it terminus to terminus. You'd be looking for admission to Hairmyres Hospital at the end of it.  Any hold ups and it's 2 hours.

Oh stop yer whinging. 🙂🙂

Once had to get from Abronhill in Cumbie to Burnbank St. in Airdrie without a car. I have erased it from my memory bank. But, do recall one train and 2 buses finished off by a walk up the entire length of Burnbank.

Still better than down here. 

Not done it in a wee while, or sober for that matter. Try getting from Kirkcudbright to Dundrennan outwith 7am to 6pm without walking. 8 mile walk the Commandos would pass on.

I will always win in a p***ing contest re public transport. 😚😚😚

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I must've missed Airdrie being teleported to the Himalayas. Maybe Gartcairn could lay on Sherpas for visitors?

How do people get to Forth, Harthill, etc?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I must've missed Airdrie being teleported to the Himalayas. Maybe Gartcairn could lay on Sherpas for visitors?

They travel back to the late 17th century in the Tardis.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Like a lot of places in dear old Scotia, if you don't have a car it can be challenging. Not impossible, you might just need one of they logistic gurus from the army to plan it out for ye.

But, in truth my man possil is just looking for any excuse not to visit the famous MTC.😚😚

13 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Gartcairn committee must be full of bigots for you to have such a bee in your bonnet over them.

4 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Like a lot of places in dear old Scotia, if you don't have a car it can be challenging. Not impossible, you might just need one of they logistic gurus from the army to plan it out for ye.

But, in truth my man possil is just looking for any excuse not to visit the famous MTC.😚😚

Aye, there's legitimate reasons to criticise Gartcairn, but being inaccessible isn't one of them. 

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, there's legitimate reasons to criticise Gartcairn, but being inaccessible isn't on of them. 

Aye I walked a few times from Drumgelloch to Cumbie. Not a great walk but doable. 

Not in the depths of winter obviously, as I wanted to live.

Sorry lads been down in Ayr on holiday so signal isn't great. 

capacity is 180 seats 60 on the elevated terrace and 300 round about the stands etc so just over 500. The fence is moving back behind the goals to make another stand and terracing so will raise to over 1200.

the last time the bankies came along they brought 140 so I'm not to worried... or should I be?

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

capacity is 180 seats 60 on the elevated terrace and 300 round about the stands etc so just over 500. The fence is moving back behind the goals to make another stand and terracing so will raise to over 1200.

the last time the bankies came along they brought 140 so I'm not to worried... or should I be?

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

You really don't come across well at all. Alway very snarky to people and I am not a Bankies fan 🙈. Must be the nice Gartcairn welcome.

Edited by Shannon

1 hour ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6568.jpeg

IMG_6581.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6504.jpeg

500 will be plenty. Thanks for confirming. I reckon mibbee 200 this weekend with it being the optimism bound opening weekend. Not sure if I'll be there myself but will try if I can