League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ric said:

I said that, when the original taskforce was dingied, reconstruction talks would rear its head again.

I'm of the same opinion as I was before. I don't see why the league should be reconstructed temporarily because one of the "big clubs" made a complete fucking mess of their campaign. The idea that Hearts, who would bite your hand off to avoid relegation now, would vote to keep the league at 14 (if that's the size we're looking at) once they are in a safe position is laughable.

I am in favour of reconstruction, always have been, but I would never accept it just to appease on club's failure.

It's not though, is it?

It's being discussed because deep down people know that the idea of relegating anyone on an incomplete season isn't quite right.

You'd be making exactly the same point if this had happened this time last year with St Mirren rooted to the bottom of the league after 30 games.

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Ric said:

I said that, when the original taskforce was dingied, reconstruction talks would rear its head again.

I'm of the same opinion as I was before. I don't see why the league should be reconstructed temporarily because one of the "big clubs" made a complete fucking mess of their campaign. The idea that Hearts, who would bite your hand off to avoid relegation now, would vote to keep the league at 14 (if that's the size we're looking at) once they are in a safe position is laughable.

I am in favour of reconstruction, always have been, but I would never accept it just to appease one club's failure.

Its not all about any one club though. 

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

It's not though, is it?.

Yes it is, and your persistent and very subjective myopia on this subject doesn't change the facts.

Just now, SJP79 said:

Its not all about any one club though. 

Temporary reconstruction suits one club, and one club only. That is a fact.

Edited by Ric

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ric said:

Yes it is, and your persistent and very subjective myopia on this subject doesn't change the facts.

So you wouldn't have made the same point if this had happened this time last year?

I simply do not believe you.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

It's not though, is it?

It's being discussed because deep down people know that the idea of relegating anyone on an incomplete season isn't quite right.

You'd be making exactly the same point if this had happened this time last year with St Mirren rooted to the bottom of the league after 30 games.

Please stop 

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Ric said:

Temporary reconstruction suits one club, and one club only. That is a fact.

What about Partick ?

Just now, SJP79 said:

What about Partick ?

You have clearly never supported a team out of the top division.

Teams below the top league need certainty, moving the goalposts every year doesn't provide that.

Temporary doesn't help Partick.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, you and Jeden's mewlings of the last 6 or so weeks have painted a picture of absolute zen.:lol:

Complete lack of self awareness from a poster that had a full on meltdown only a couple of days ago. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Please stop 

Please stop making obviously sensible points?

No.

The bottom line is that we all know deep down that relegation based on a season that was never completed is wrong.

We also know that if this had happened this time last year, St Mirren would have been making exactly the same argument Hearts are making now. Of course, St Mirren's desire to be saved from a relegation battle by just arbitrarily stopping the season now doesn't seem to be attracting the same scorn as Hearts' self-interest.

And the final point is one that I've brought up repeatedly but never had an answer to. If this is all about saving Hearts as a 'big club', then why did this not happen in 1999 when we were bottom with 8 games to go? Why did this not happen in spring 2013 when we went into administration and were obviously going to be relegated a year later? Why only now?

The clear answer is that everybody understands that what is happening just now is basically unfair.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I don't care what you believe.

So, indulge me.

How do you think you'd have responded to this if it had happened a year ago with St Mirren bottom of the league?

Keep in mind that St Mirren stayed up...

Guest SJP79
1 minute ago, Ric said:

You have clearly never supported a team out of the top division.

Teams below the top league need certainty, moving the goalposts every year doesn't provide that.

Temporary doesn't help Partick.

I dont support a team in the top division, it does help Partick if they are not relegated. 

Just now, JTS98 said:

So, indulge me.

How do you think you'd have responded to this if it had happened a year ago with St Mirren bottom of the league?

Keep in mind that St Mirren stayed up...

What's the point you've already claimed that whatever I say you will consider lies.

Just now, SJP79 said:

I dont support a team in the top division, it does help Partick if they are not relegated. 

Right so they are not relegated, next year they consolidate in the championship, the following year they push for promotion but somehow no promotion is possible because the league size is reduced. Moving the sizes of the leagues on a temporary basis is not the answer here.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ric said:

What's the point you've already claimed that whatever I say you will consider lies.

Ok, let's make it less personal.

Do you believe that the St Mirren board would just have sat quietly and accepted relegation if the coronavirus pandemic had happened in early 2019 instead of early 2020?

As a fan, how would you have felt about that?

Keep in mind that St Mirren, bottom of the league after 30 games in 2019, were not relegated.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why did this not happen in spring 2013 when we went into administration and were obviously going to be relegated a year later

Dry your eyes.

In that particular instance, you held off going into administration until Dundee were relegated in order to get another year in the top flight.