League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I am beginning to feel 14 will happen whether clubs want it or not , there is now way Doncaster will take the stand as the whole of it from the beginning will be ripped to pieces the Dundee vote , the dubious letter to uefa before any vote , loads more

They want $$$£££€€€ not their place back in the league. They are trying to stave off an administration event now, that's all that matters.

5 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
5 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:
Me too, there was a statue recently erected to mark the case, hopefully Mrs Donoghue didn’t have a past life as a slave trader. 

In fact I passed the statue on the 11th March 2020 on the way to watch the final game of the 2019/20 season.  

Is there a statue now? Wow, I didn't know that. Will pay a visit if/when I find myself in Paisley next season

Just down from the University, there’s a small square which stood on the site of the Wellmeadow Cafe in the Donoghue v Stevenson case. There’s a bench and a nice wee plaque, and I believe the Law Society were trying to get something more substantial there.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Point 1 how? All they have done is, as anyone served notice, is engage lawyers. If it gets thrown out it.stays as it is.

Point 2 what refund? Sky have contract from this season, you win and it's 14 top league the season still goes ahead with (as long as both are in top 6) 4 OF* games. So why would they need refunded, nevermind roughy 20-25% of one season costs?

Might want to do a bit of research regarding payments due to Sky, BT, BBC and other foreign tv networks.

Looking like Sky will sponsor the league , at no cost to themselves.

Brilliant, eh

I ....  I think I do. I assume DU/RR/Cove have been notified as a potentially affected party. But Hearts/Partick's case is against  SPFL. A few ifs here - but if Hearts/Partick win and if the court says some kind of reorganisation should happen and if that resulted in no promotions, then it is the SPFL that the Promo 3 would need to challenge.

I might be wrong here but my understanding is a court could not impose a restructuring of the Scottish football league structure against the will of it's members

4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

They aren’t but it will avoid the costs that could send send so many clubs to the wall and probably bankrupt the SPFL

They cannot force through a reconstruction.

3 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Might want to do a bit of research regarding payments due to Sky, BT, BBC and other foreign tv networks.

Brilliant, eh

If the league goes ahead and games are being played that can be broadcast, why would they need refunded, when they are getting what they paid for?

Since you have answers, then you'll be able to list them and the facts to back them up.

This is the refunds you are referring to are what you claim is due to these companies if Hearts win the case.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Question for one more knowledgeable than me, why was an odd league structure never proposed, it was the only way to avoid having anyone lose out if this, team's sitting out one match week isn't ideal but is workable at least. 

14 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I am beginning to feel 14 will happen whether clubs want it or not , there is now way Doncaster will take the stand as the whole of it from the beginning will be ripped to pieces the Dundee vote , the dubious letter to uefa before any vote , loads more

Behave yourself.

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I ....  I think I do. I assume DU/RR/Cove have been notified as a potentially affected party. But Hearts/Partick's case is against  SPFL. A few ifs here - but if Hearts/Partick win and if the court says some kind of reorganisation should happen and if that resulted in no promotions, then it is the SPFL that the Promo 3 would need to challenge.

What a fucking blether. You think that if the Courts rule that there must be reorganisation that United will then have to sue the SPFL rather than appeal against the court ruling? Dearie me.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Question for one more knowledgeable than me, why was an odd league structure never proposed, it was the only way to avoid having anyone lose out if this, team's sitting out one match week isn't ideal but is workable at least. 

No one put it forward/proposed it. 

8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

If the league goes ahead and games are being played that can be broadcast, why would they need refunded, when they are getting what they paid for?

Since you have answers, then you'll be able to list them and the facts to back them up.

This is the refunds you are referring to are what you claim is due to these companies if Hearts win the case.

I would have thought that Sky's viewing figures would be greatly enhanced by the lack of physical crowds. Granted the spectacle might be diminished but people will be desperate for football and the streaming services by clubs will be pretty shit (and artificially limited for Sky games). Plenty of new subscribers will go with Sky to get a decent fix of football when the alternative is nothing or a wanky internet feed.

I might be wrong here but my understanding is a court could not impose a restructuring of the Scottish football league structure against the will of it's members
It would be strange indeed for a court to tell a company/ organisation the structure it should take on. If my club had won 4/30 games last season I'd be embarrassed. I wouldn't be backing the halfwit that employed both managers on far bigger budgets than they could evidently afford. Could apply this to thistle aswell in fairness. We comfortably seen them off in the wafer Cup and I have no reason to doubt we will see them off in the court room...

19 minutes ago, MegaRichJambos said:

Brilliant, eh

Surprised mega rich Hearts are not sponsoring the leagues. It's a snip at £8 million. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

How dare Hearts take a kick in the baws and have the temerity to kick back. 

You are calling getting relegated a kick in the baws? maybe by Budge, Levein and Stendal..

You lot sem to have absolved all blame from yourselves and onto everyone else when the reality is its all your own fault, and nobody else had anything to do with it.

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

You are calling getting relegated a kick in the baws? maybe by Budge, Levein and Stendal..

You lot sem to have absolved all blame from yourselves and onto everyone else when the reality is its all your own fault, and nobody else had anything to do with it.

Was that posted for greenies, because I'm never going to agree with that shite? :lol: