Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

4 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

The game changed with the daft penalty,  should have been game over before that , still not good enough need more dig in team

Need more quality in team.

Starting with a decent keeper. 

22 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Just watched the highlights there and what on earth is Aidan glavin doing for the penalty,  he resembles an outfield player between the sticks  , a rabbit in the headlights and at least a howler In every game .

You seem to have a right stauner for that boy Hertha, chasing him on this thread. Did he answer you back when he was at Beith?

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You seem to have a right stauner for that boy Hertha, chasing him on this thread. Did he answer you back when he was at Beith?

Strange strange comment and strange thoughts.

No I'm just passing judgement on the match highlights that I saw and dont think it was a particularly poor assessment.  

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

He just needed to punch the baw away first time, shit himself,  seen it all over the park , too miny boys hesitating with tackles , I agree tho Andy25 we do need more quality, watching gordon pope today could walk into our team 

It's frustrating to watch. Not a bad keeper but prone to making the odd costly decision. If that daftness could be coached out of him he could be decent. Probably needs to be a quick learner though.

16 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's frustrating to watch. Not a bad keeper but prone to making the odd costly decision. If that daftness could be coached out of him he could be decent. Probably needs to be a quick learner though.

Shanner the position Talbot find themselves in they don't have the time to coach it out him in my opinion. The problem you will have is the boy's confidence will be eroding if he keeps making errors , exasperating the situation for him. There is plenty of good experienced keepers out their sitting on benches as no2. I'm surprised Talbot haven't identified someone to come in with the carrot of the no1 jersey. I was really impressed with Meddas no2 in preseason 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

1 minute ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Shanner the position Talbot find themselves in they don't have the time to coach it out him in my opinion. The problem you will have is the boy's confidence will be eroding if he keeps making errors , exasperating the situation for him. There is plenty of good experienced keepers out their sitting on benches as no2. I'm surprised Talbot haven't identified someone to come in with the carrot of the no1 jersey. I was really impressed with Meddas no2 in preseason 

He very well might not be up to scratch - it happens, and only time will tell - but I don't really expect us to do anything but persevere with him.  Whether that's the right or wrong approach I can't say because I don't really know who the viable alternatives are. 

3 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

They should be putting in an offer for Donnelly of Clydebank. 

Far too good a keeper not to be playing. 

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

They should be putting in an offer for Donnelly of Clydebank. 

Far too good a keeper not to be playing. 

Agree with everything you two say but these guys sitting on the bench want silly money. 

19 minutes ago, Shanner said:

He very well might not be up to scratch - it happens, and only time will tell - but I don't really expect us to do anything but persevere with him.  Whether that's the right or wrong approach I can't say because I don't really know who the viable alternatives are. 

Persevere and have him making costly errors most games?

11 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Persevere and have him making costly errors most games?

I think it's most likely to be what will happen whether people like it or not. I just don't see us going shopping for another goalie at this point. 

If it does I'd hope that he can improve with experience. He wouldn't be the first player to improve as he plays for us. 

Edited by Shanner

51 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Gonnae give it a bye? They have enough of our ex-players