Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Finally got to see the highlights. The penalty was dreadful decision making and the equaliser was panic stations. The thing that struck me most was the apparent domination of the first half by Talbot. Honestly could have been 4-0 at least based on those chances. 

Killer instinct required and quickly. Mon the Talbot.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Finally got to see the highlights. The penalty was dreadful decision making and the equaliser was panic stations. The thing that struck me most was the apparent domination of the first half by Talbot. Honestly could have been 4-0 at least based on those chances. 

Killer instinct required and quickly. Mon the Talbot.

And stop giving away horrendous goals every game.

Edited by andy25

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

What makes you think we're not in a relagation battle?

Theres a lack of quality throughout the team and the signings apart from Slooves have 

It was an end of season prediction. We'll need to wait til the end of the season to see if i was right. Other teams will also have bad spells and as i said earlier, once we string a couple league results together it might just be enough to give us a bit of a lift. I'm certainly not going to lie down, accept defeat and relagation a quarter way through the season. Too much football to be played yet. We have time on our side here. When time starts running out, then i'll get more worried about relegation. I dont doubt how hard a task its going to be but i think we'll get there.

Just now, Pareidolia said:

Jumping in randomly as someone with next to no knowledge of the junior game - when were Auchinleck Talbot last relegated from the top tier of a league system?

They have never been relegated.

4 hours ago, Pareidolia said:

Jumping in randomly as someone with next to no knowledge of the junior game - when were Auchinleck Talbot last relegated from the top tier of a league system?

They were almost relegated the season when tucker first came. Think it went down to the last game of the season. Problem we have these days is the the landscape of our level has changed and we no longer have the same attraction we had before. Other teams at our level seem to be more equipt to cope with the changes, mostly financial. Why would a crackin player from the likes of glasgow etc. travel way doon into the sticks when they can get better wages closer to home. Beith have the attraction of being runaway champs last year and still goin like a train. We all know about darvels attraction. Clydebank has always been strong, not to miss out pollok. Its tough times but we have to try and find our own way of coping with it

2 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

They were almost relegated the season when tucker first came. Think it went down to the last game of the season. Problem we have these days is the the landscape of our level has changed and we no longer have the same attraction we had before. Other teams at our level seem to be more equipt to cope with the changes, mostly financial. Why would a crackin player from the likes of glasgow etc. travel way doon into the sticks when they can get better wages closer to home. Beith have the attraction of being runaway champs last year and still goin like a train. We all know about darvels attraction. Clydebank has always been strong, not to miss out pollok. Its tough times but we have to try and find our own way of coping with it

Again in the context of an idiot like myself looking in from the outside, if I never looked at a map you'd think there'd be a certain lure of playing for Talbot given its history and its established success, but I guess now that its not a closed shop and full on capitalism is sweeping through the leagues, any team with aspirations and bigger "catchment areas" could easily overtake them and either maintain their status or go up the league system.

It would suggest (pessimistically) that the only way is down for Talbot, though, in the long term, being demoted to a village team. But as I said, I'm an idiot.

I agree with JB. We should've been 4-5 up at half time. Goalkeeper should've held that ball for the first(whit was he thinking ) & defence fell asleep for the equaliser. Goalkeeper has slipped up a few times now & we can't afford it. Thing's need tae change or we're gonna be in a fight to stay up. Hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, tyson1909 said:

Why would a crackin player from the likes of glasgow etc. travel way doon into the sticks when they can get better wages closer to home. Beith have the attraction of being runaway champs last year and still goin like a train. We all know about darvels attraction. Clydebank has always been strong, not to miss out pollok. Its tough times but we have to try and find our own way of coping with it

Theres no way Bankies are paying better wages than Talbot. 

11 hours ago, Pareidolia said:

First two seasons of the 12-team West Region Super League 20 years ago they were 10th and 8th, closest they've come to relegation. 

http://sfha.org.uk/westregionjrs.htm

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

First two seasons of the 12-team West Region Super League 20 years ago they were 10th and 8th, closest they've come to relegation. 

http://sfha.org.uk/westregionjrs.htm

With the exception of a decent scottish cup run, i'm not too fussed about the smaller cups this year. Rather we didnt have 6 games in hand towards end of season like usual. This will be hard enough this year. I'll miss the next couple weeks due to work but there is a bit of me that wouldnt be overly distraght if we didnt win tomorrow. League has to be priority as things stand. 

Very flat at Beechwood on the terraces and the pitch, I think we were lacking up top whichbut our midfield also looking sluggish through the middle. Hopefully Boylan will get better with games and another new striker required still who is going to take a bit of pressure off Smith and Boyd. Young Thomson has had a decent run in the team but in my opinion could be doing with being rotated out and used off the bench for a few weeks. Good to see McCracken on the bench yesterday and hear Schonville training and hopefully he can get his Talbot career up and running.

Edited by southerner

3 minutes ago, southerner said:

Very flat at Beechwood on the terraces and the pitch, I think we were lacking up top whichbut our midfield also looking sluggish through the middle. Hopefully Boylan will get better with games and another new striker required still who is going to take a bit of pressure off Smith and Boyd. Young Thomson has had a decent run in the team but in my opinion could be doing with being rotated out and used off the bench for a few weeks. Good to see McCracken on the bench yesterday and hear Schonville training and hopefully he can get his Talbot career up and running.

Thomsons not good enough. Like most of the team to be fair though. 

19 minutes ago, southerner said:

Never made the game yesterday but heard it wasnt great viewing. Managed to grind a win out in the end. It looks as though this season will be a grind. At least we've not been beaten for a few weeks now which i suppose is a positive.