Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Are the fans screaming about the club needing to spend money now thankful that we are not in a position like others, living beyond our means and building up significant debt. 

The signings are coming good, being honest the season started too early for us based on the number of new faces. 

Gillies at left back is a great find and a massive asset for the club longer term, Slooves has hardly put a foot wrong and looks like hes played for the club for years. Langan is really starting to come on to his game and showing great passion. Boyd is starting to find his form now having had a run of games. Even on the goalkeeping front, for the stick Glavin has got he is growing in confidence each week and becoming a lot more vocal, I am not saying he is the answer to replacing Leishman however I do think some of the fans need to get off his back, he is only 19. 

Other signings are still to make an real impact in to the team due to injuries etc...Tarek Abed is a decent addition, again still young but looks very keen and good techincally, he should be back in a few weeks. Schonville was unlucky in pre-season and still working his way into the squad, i initially thought he'd be straight into the starting 11 when ready however credit to young Luke he has more than deserved to hold onto his place. 

You then has Glasgow and Urquarht who are still to come into the team properly, giving the run of cup games with them being cup tied for the south challenge they haven't been able to establish themselves yet in the team however two great additions. 

47 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Are the fans screaming about the club needing to spend money now thankful that we are not in a position like others, living beyond our means and building up significant debt. 

The signings are coming good, being honest the season started too early for us based on the number of new faces. 

Gillies at left back is a great find and a massive asset for the club longer term, Slooves has hardly put a foot wrong and looks like hes played for the club for years. Langan is really starting to come on to his game and showing great passion. Boyd is starting to find his form now having had a run of games. Even on the goalkeeping front, for the stick Glavin has got he is growing in confidence each week and becoming a lot more vocal, I am not saying he is the answer to replacing Leishman however I do think some of the fans need to get off his back, he is only 19. 

Other signings are still to make an real impact in to the team due to injuries etc...Tarek Abed is a decent addition, again still young but looks very keen and good techincally, he should be back in a few weeks. Schonville was unlucky in pre-season and still working his way into the squad, i initially thought he'd be straight into the starting 11 when ready however credit to young Luke he has more than deserved to hold onto his place. 

You then has Glasgow and Urquarht who are still to come into the team properly, giving the run of cup games with them being cup tied for the south challenge they haven't been able to establish themselves yet in the team however two great additions. 

Also McAvoy

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

I think a lot of the grief was Talbot had a significant war chest in place.

1 hour ago, beaver watch said:

I think a lot of the grief was Talbot had a significant war chest in place.

Its not a simple case of spending money, if there is a business model and a cap on wages which has been proven to be appropriate for this level then if you start bringing players in on crazy money then very quickly you create unrest within the dressing room and current players want more money etc...

I would rather the club have a war chest for a rainy day and sit out of the stupidity of the money that is going around at this level. I am more than confident that talbot will still be in a comfortable position in a few years time whereas I can't be as certain with other clubs.

3 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Its not a simple case of spending money, if there is a business model and a cap on wages which has been proven to be appropriate for this level then if you start bringing players in on crazy money then very quickly you create unrest within the dressing room and current players want more money etc...

I would rather the club have a war chest for a rainy day and sit out of the stupidity of the money that is going around at this level. I am more than confident that talbot will still be in a comfortable position in a few years time whereas I can't be as certain with other clubs.

Who said it was a simple case of spending money? I pointed out that people who were donating money for players and contracts were asking why money wasn't being spent at the beginning of the season.  Things are quieter now because the club are putting their hand in their pocket and attracting decent players. 

We all know there was a big turnaround in players and until we were a few games into the season we werent sure how they would shape up. Yes there was money there but obviously it took more time to identify and aquire the right players to come than a lot of fans were comfortable with. Would be great if everything could happen overnight but thats not reality. We're going in the right direction, was always going to be a tough season and my expectation hasnt really changed from the start of the season even after the bad start. Next year we'll get a much better understanding of how this rebuild is going. 

Just now, Talbot supporter said:

It's good to get a winning streak the now but I am not getting carried away , we need to win league games against teams at our level , aye it's good to win the cup games obviously.

Bit unfortunate with what seems to be almost constant cup games for nearly 2 month. Good to get on a "streak" but everytime you look at the league its a stark reminder of the poor start. I'm confident enough we'll see the league in a better light later in the season though

3 hours ago, fieldsofdreams said:

With the additional league game on the 15th of November, hopefully we can build on the improvements and start to see league positions really making positive changes. 

Away to Cumnock on the 11th then home to Largs on the 15th, it would be a big 6 points if we can get them. 

Definitely would be a far positive position if we can win those 2 games

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

All those decent summer and autumn nights with no fixture and we get one for a freezing cold November night

I would happily take another mid week home league game at moment. We are all set up for it, park in great nick and only the game on the 15th on it the full of November. 

The quicker we get league games played the quicker we can start climbing the table. 

I don't think being in the top 3/4 this season is an unrealistic target. 

48 minutes ago, btw lads said:

if tucker can get us to a reasonable league finish this year it just shows he really has done it all at this level

If tucker can get Talbot a top 5 finish this season Talbot will win the league bye a canter next season 

20 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

All those decent summer and autumn nights with no fixture and we get one for a freezing cold November night

Just so I'm clear with what you want. All teams had 2 midweek fixtures at the start of the season, so you want fixtures added to that to be played midweek in Mid-August and September?

The midweek game that is added is a postponed fixture. I don't know what games are going to be postponed in November when I'm making the list in July.