Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Schools aren't back yet though, Jim, just the children of key workers. The First Minister is saying she's wanting all children back in by August 11th. I hope that's achievable, but not convinced it'll happen. When the children are back at school they will be socially distanced, strictly supervised, and washing their hands routinely throughout the day. I don't see the game stopping for an over exuberant tackle so everyone can wash their hands or what have you. 

There is so much to do before the game can be played to a high standard of safety again. I assume the clubs have it in hand in discussions with the relevant authorities.

I'm of the opinion that socially distanced football can take place with crowds at places like Beechwood, but perhaps with the 500 limit as was suggested just prior to shutdown. Games would need to be made all ticket to enable this to happen (got my season ticket ordered) and if it's properly administered, there could be a rush on season ticket sales which would also hand Tucker a war chest for whenever he needs it. Like most folk I want to see our game back, but I don't want to see it back rushed, and not thought through properly, because it means so much to so many people to have it up and running safely. I can wait for that.

I know they're not back yet but my point was schools will open in August yet there will be no football until after October at least. I also take the point about measures in place in schools but unless you have worked in an infant/primary school you have no idea how difficult it is going to be to keep kids apart. Teachers will do their utmost but the numbers will rise again.

The whole thing is a fudge just because the numbers are down but for me if schools can go back, sport can go back. FWIW I'd keep them both off the table until the vaccine but that's irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
4 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:
After the scenes at Bournemouth and other area's I would say we should have a second spike by mid July.

In England I think there could be a spike again, Liverpool scenes aswell.

They’ve all had there fitba and fun mate now they will ruin it for the rest of us 

Just now, Talbot supporter said:
3 minutes ago, Derry said:
They’ve all had there fitba and fun mate now they will ruin it for the rest of us 

Aye correct

We should’ve just stared with England at least we could’ve got out and about for a few weeks before they f&@k  it again 😂😂

52 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

You get the feeling some on here would love a 2nd spike just so they can say ‘told you so’  Im still waiting on our 2nd spike after the rather large gathering on Glasgow Green a few weeks back 

Silly thing to say award is yours.

You get the feeling some on here would love a 2nd spike just so they can say ‘told you so’  Im still waiting on our 2nd spike after the rather large gathering on Glasgow Green a few weeks back 

Why would anyone want a second wave. That is just a moronic thing to say. The more large gatherings that happen the bigger the chance of a second wave at the moment. Just because there wasn’t one after a large gathering a few weeks ago doesn’t mean that there won’t be one.

If the medics say it’s safe to have crowds back in next month great cause I have missed going to the game.

5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

No wonder with allegations of criminal activity. People need to take a look at themselves and think about what they are posting on here.

Agree mate they do come off as being full of 💩 but going to far to accuse people of criminal wrong doing 

banter is banter etc but come on keep it in check 

8 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

So what's the outcome of this investigation about getting awarded the league etc?

Colin Chisholm should have taken himself out of the decision making process earlier. The decision making process and the actual decisions were fine.

Cumnock were the grasses but as it was a generic email box they couldn't pinpoint a person

Colin Chisholm should have taken himself out of the decision making process earlier. The decision making process and the actual decisions were fine.
Cumnock were the grasses but as it was a generic email box they couldn't pinpoint a person
Thanks for that summary, wasn't sure if they were just standing by the decision or not when I read it all.

Talbot fans and committee were busy installing the car park lights and bollards on Saturday. That should take care of the peripheral lighting inside Beechwood. Roll on the end of July when the lights go up.