Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

Well that was a massive improvement yesterday it should have been 5 or 6 , I questioned Glasgows fitness pre match but looks fit enough would defo start him against Cumnock, good to see McCracken back thought he was brilliant especially in the first half , what was wrong with Boylan will he be ready for next week?

Edited by Talbot supporter

13 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

In my eyes Boyd has to start at Cumnock as he's an outlet for Smith and Glasgow. Defence and Midfield played well yesterday, however we missed more than a few good chances. Thought young Luke Gilles did well at left back.

Aye too many chances missed but the medda keeper had a few good saves

3 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Well that was a massive improvement yesterday it should have been 5 or 6 , I questioned Glasgows fitness pre match but looks fit enough would defo start him against Cumnock, good to see McCracken back thought he was brilliant especially in the first half , what was wrong with Boylan will he be ready for next week?

Boylan away on holiday i heard. McCracken makes a big difference when he's there. Thought the boy Boyle was outstanding, his effort, work rate and hassling shone through that team yesterday. Glasgow was a welcome re-introduction to the team. Whole of beechwood just seemed to have a different atmosphere, the attitude of the players, the young boys out with their flags and drums. Its the 1st time this season i've felt like that at a game, long may it continue. But let's not get carried away after one game. Still a ways to go, but a very welcome step in the right direction.

On 30/09/2023 at 11:10, Darvel legend said:

Good player Jamie but did very little for us , in fact looked like he would rather be anywhere else than darvel , but best of luck back to him at Talbot 

Sometimes things just dont work out. Personally i'm glad to have him back and believe we'll get more out of him than Darvel did. Maybe it was different style of play that didnt suit or maybe it was something in his head, getting back to Beechwood might just be what the boy needs just now to get back on track.

3 hours ago, beaver watch said:

Samson benched at EK yesterday for the third game in a row.  Geez him back Mick!

There's talk about him not being happy there. His name seems to be getting mentioned a lot recently, i hope there's something in the ethir or fate is luring him back. Pretty sure i heard it wasnt mick that even signed him as there was a pre-contract signed before mick got the job down there. But i cant say how much truth is in that as i cant even remember who told me. 

5 hours ago, beaver watch said:

In my eyes Boyd has to start at Cumnock as he's an outlet for Smith and Glasgow. Defence and Midfield played well yesterday, however we missed more than a few good chances. Thought young Luke Gilles did well at left back.

I would maybe bring in boyd for the young fella thompson. Cant be long for shoneville to be back, does he make an appearance at some point? I'm not sure boylan gets a start or even if he'll be back his holidays by that time. So could be a very similar starting 11 to yesterday with maybe the one change. I've only just realised the boy Langan didnt play yesterday, and thats probably the best midfield performance i've seen so far this year so i dont know if he walks back in the team so easily.

46 minutes ago, tyson1909 said:

I would maybe bring in boyd for the young fella thompson. Cant be long for shoneville to be back, does he make an appearance at some point? I'm not sure boylan gets a start or even if he'll be back his holidays by that time. So could be a very similar starting 11 to yesterday with maybe the one change. I've only just realised the boy Langan didnt play yesterday, and thats probably the best midfield performance i've seen so far this year so i dont know if he walks back in the team so easily.

He shouldn't.  Hes another one thats not good enough. 

On 02/10/2023 at 12:09, Botlad67 said:

Massive game this week . Glasgow made a big difference quality player 

It will be strange going into this game not having the usual confidence that surrounds the club. Will certainly add an extra edge  and nervousness as a spectator. Would make a win that wee bit more special. Like most, i'd hoped we had a better run of results ladt month leading to this game. A draw and a cup exit has tainted that but a good win last week though. Looking forward to this one, wee bit of nervous energy contributing to that.