Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

That’s been the way of it for as long as I’ve been here. We had Jamie Bain on trial who is a well established league player but if the rumour of his demands were true it’s probably best he signed elsewhere. I’m sure if tucker wanted him the club would have signed him but would have affected the budget likely. I’m guessing but think tucker would prefer getting three players he could develop. Budget is going to be important as the lowland league games aren’t going to bring in the crowds. Some will but most won’t imo.

the only one up via a playoff is a well talked about bottle neck and there is a few cash daddy’s about at the moment so really keeping our players is going to be separate challenge. Likes of the majority of darvels squad or the Kilwinnings attack at the moment won’t be playing on the cheap and when you have managers literally turning up at doors with stacks of cash it’s going to be interesting.
Bain supposedly on £300 a week at Brechin [emoji44]

2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

That’s been the way of it for as long as I’ve been here. We had Jamie Bain on trial who is a well established league player but if the rumour of his demands were true it’s probably best he signed elsewhere. I’m sure if tucker wanted him the club would have signed him but would have affected the budget likely. I’m guessing but think tucker would prefer getting three players he could develop. Budget is going to be important as the lowland league games aren’t going to bring in the crowds. Some will but most won’t imo.

the only one up via a playoff is a well talked about bottle neck and there is a few cash daddy’s about at the moment so really keeping our players is going to be separate challenge. Likes of the majority of darvels squad or the Kilwinnings attack at the moment won’t be playing on the cheap and when you have managers literally turning up at doors with stacks of cash it’s going to be interesting.

I’d love to pay our players more, hopefully once the clubs fully up and running we can give Chris a budget that matches the bigger clubs in the league.

One step at a time.

7 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

I’d love to pay our players more, hopefully once the clubs fully up and running we can give Chris a budget that matches the bigger clubs in the league.

One step at a time.

😂😂😂 no one bigger than Talbot in our league. However pishing money on players wages makes you a big club then we’re third or fourth with an old fashioned sustainment model.

I get fed up hearing about " the cash at hurlford". I get asked at ever game I go to now.
Just to put the record straight for once, the ford have never had the cash that Talbot, medda, buffs, pollok and now darvel have at there disposal.
We had a couple of good and very valued sponsors who always contributed to the budget.

I get fed up hearing about " the cash at hurlford". I get asked at ever game I go to now.
Just to put the record straight for once, the ford have never had the cash that Talbot, medda, buffs, pollok and now darvel have at there disposal.
We had a couple of good and very valued sponsors who always contributed to the budget.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

10 minutes ago, monty59 said:

You might not be splashing the cash now but there was a point a few years ago you were snapping up players left right and center that doesn't happen without cash. Hurlford were a second division diddy team till your man Hamilton opened his purse. Very short memory some of you.

I agree with you regarding status then and now regarding the club. As I have played with both Talbot and hurlford to name a few, I have the utmost respect for both clubs.
Regarding the money you have no idea of what the club budget was and you never will, you just keep the rumours going. As I stated just fed up people making up stories.

24 minutes ago, monty59 said:

I agree with you regarding status then and now regarding the club. As I have played with both Talbot and hurlford to name a few, I have the utmost respect for both clubs.
Regarding the money you have no idea of what the club budget was and you never will, you just keep the rumours going. As I stated just fed up people making up stories.

Our budget is on our AGM minutes posted on our Facebook page.

There for anyone to read.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

😂😂😂 no one bigger than Talbot in our league. However pishing money on players wages makes you a big club then we’re third or fourth with an old fashioned sustainment model.

Bigger in what way?

Have you read The Numbers Game?

there’s a direct correlation between playing budget and success pretty much down to the penny.

In 1999 the Buffs spent more than all other clubs and won every trophy. Great Times.

Theres sometimes an anomaly, Leicester, probably Glenafton with the double win.

Talbot, Hurlfords, Beiths recent successes didn’t come by them spending the least amount of money, don’t be naive. 

If you haven’t give it ago https://www.amazon.co.uk/Numbers-Game-Everything-About-Football/dp/0241963621/ref=asc_df_0241963621_nodl/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310814132050&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10661091432394343914&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006886&hvtargid=pla-452370022310&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

You might not be splashing the cash now but there was a point a few years ago you were snapping up players left right and center that doesn't happen without cash. Hurlford were a second division diddy team till your man Hamilton opened his purse. Very short memory some of you.

Hurlford were promoted to the Premier League the season before Mr Hamilton started the big spending. Their subsequent stay in the upper half of the top flight could be attributed to his financial backing but it's wrong to suggest Hurlford were languishing at the bottom of the junior pile before he came along.

4 hours ago, monty59 said:

Was some amount of cash going out every week when I was there 😂😂 However that is not the case of late I’m told, but would hazard a guess that it is more on par if not less now than the clubs you’ve mentioned. 

38 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford were promoted to the Premier League the season before Mr Hamilton started the big spending. Their subsequent stay in the upper half of the top flight could be attributed to his financial backing but it's wrong to suggest Hurlford were languishing at the bottom of the junior pile before he came along.

Mr Hamilton wasn’t the cash daddy he was posted all over as, he certainly contributed no doubt but the weekly costs were covered by another individual at the club at the time.

4 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Bigger in what way?

Have you read The Numbers Game?

there’s a direct correlation between playing budget and success pretty much down to the penny.

In 1999 the Buffs spent more than all other clubs and won every trophy. Great Times.

Theres sometimes an anomaly, Leicester, probably Glenafton with the double win.

Talbot, Hurlfords, Beiths recent successes didn’t come by them spending the least amount of money, don’t be naive. 

If you haven’t give it ago https://www.amazon.co.uk/Numbers-Game-Everything-About-Football/dp/0241963621/ref=asc_df_0241963621_nodl/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310814132050&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10661091432394343914&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006886&hvtargid=pla-452370022310&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Support base, fundraising and success. I’m very familiar with the book however it neglects team dynamics and mentality. There’s no doubt money plays a massive part but not being able to pay a tax bill after the cash dads are gone will yet take more victims. 

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Mr Hamilton wasn’t the cash daddy he was posted all over as, he certainly contributed no doubt but the weekly costs were covered by another individual at the club at the time.

Who cares??

Every club has the right to be run the way they want to run themselves, who wants to stuck in mid table neverland.

Killie without Billy would have tumbled a long time ago.

That’s the nature of the game, over the last 10 years I’d reckon Pollok/Talbot have spent more on players wages than any other club, the trophy cabinet doesn’t lie.

why would any club want to put a cheap = shit team out on the park when there’s the opportunity of actually winning something.

This is SPORT!! A form of entertainment!! Not the Scottish accountancy awards for cheap b*****ds.

Spend what you can get, where you can get it, entertainment your fan base and enjoy it.

And in your case, film it

The more money in the game, the better, there’s no dignity in being cheap in this game. Every clubs starts the season to win the first game then take it from there, you win games with better players regardless of the cost.

”we avoided relegation, but we spent way less than the winner” said no one ever 

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

Who cares??

Every club has the right to be run the way they want to run themselves, who wants to stuck in mid table neverland.

Killie without Billy would have tumbled a long time ago.

That’s the nature of the game, over the last 10 years I’d reckon Pollok/Talbot have spent more on players wages than any other club, the trophy cabinet doesn’t lie.

why would any club want to put a cheap = shit team out on the park when there’s the opportunity of actually winning something.

This is SPORT!! A form of entertainment!! Not the Scottish accountancy awards for cheap b*****ds.

Spend what you can get, where you can get it, entertainment your fan base and enjoy it.

And in your case, film it

It’s the folk who pick up the pieces after cash splash that it did and will matter too.