Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

6 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

A Talbot thread turns into about what other clubs are spending lol, who cares what they spend as it always ends up short term everytime.

Your right this should probably be it’s own thread, KillieVideoGuy start a thread on it, it’s time the “you spend more than us” gets in the bin 

3 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

It’s the folk who pick up the pieces after cash splash that it did and will matter too. 

I’ve picked up the pieces, I know more about that than most. 
Success in limited, clubs survive, nearly always

buffs, meadow, Hurlford, all still there

1 minute ago, parkcircus said:

Your right this should probably be it’s own thread, KillieVideoGuy start a thread on it, it’s time the “you spend more than us” gets in the bin 

You’ll notice that i really don’t care what teams spend, only having been in a similar situation I know first hand it’s not all milk and honey and there is plenty of piss and vinegar. My original point was if you go for sustainable your going to miss out on players at times. 

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

You’ll notice that i really don’t care what teams spend, only having been in a similar situation I know first hand it’s not all milk and honey and there is plenty of piss and vinegar. My original point was if you go for sustainable your going to miss out on players at times. 

“Sustainable” don’t put your on opinion on clubs, the Buffs 99 team wasn’t sustainable, we don’t start a season to be sustainable, we start it to win it, nothing less.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford were promoted to the Premier League the season before Mr Hamilton started the big spending. Their subsequent stay in the upper half of the top flight could be attributed to his financial backing but it's wrong to suggest Hurlford were languishing at the bottom of the junior pile before he came along.

I stand corrected 👍

Was some amount of cash going out every week when I was there [emoji23][emoji23] However that is not the case of late I’m told, but would hazard a guess that it is more on par if not less now than the clubs you’ve mentioned. 
Killiepiyo
How the hell would you know what the budget was at that time. You were doing the same job as you do at the Talbot just now video games.
The only people who knew the club budget were the sponsors and manager. If you were in the know why don't you state what the budget was back then each week.

Yes today's game many positives, I thought there was a good difference with Steven White in the middle today, also Samson getting another goal and Mason looked lively when he came on definitely alot of potential there, would be great if pope gave another season and also good to see peewee back , I thought Boylen had another good game and a goal to boot, can see why its difficult to leave Samson and Boylen out just now they are on form only a bit of rotation on Wed night to keep them fresh maybe

29 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

The more money in the game, the better, there’s no dignity in being cheap in this game. Every clubs starts the season to win the first game then take it from there, you win games with better players regardless of the cost.

”we avoided relegation, but we spent way less than the winner” said no one ever 

there's dignity in living within your means and being sustainable and consistent on the field year after year.

for some teams that means they scrap away and avoid relegation and live to fight another day rather than pin their hopes on a boom and bust cycle that endangers the future of their club.  If that's the best they can do with their resources then who are any of us to sneer at it? Football has far more losers than winners after all. 

16 minutes ago, monty59 said:

Killiepiyo
How the hell would you know what the budget was at that time. You were doing the same job as you do at the Talbot just now video games.
The only people who knew the club budget were the sponsors and manager. If you were in the know why don't you state what the budget was back then each week.

Thanks for the belittling, I know because i was in the weekly meetings which had all the outgoings/incomings and bank related information.. while filming is my most visible role I can and do others things as well.

Edited by Killiepiyo

I credited Keir with the first goal as the ball was about over the line as the player slid in. I await the video evidence. Also Whitey was superb, 40 years old,  you could have wiped the sweat from his brow with a cigarette paper and not dampen it after the match. Got to agree about young Mason he looks like another Tucker gem.  Along with young Robbie we seem to have a wealth of young talent.

Thanks for the belittling, I know because i was in the weekly meetings which had all the outgoings/incomings and bank related information..
Again mate if you know why not state facts. I know the facts that's why I get fed up getting approached by people who only speculate and spread rumours about any clubs budget.

Just now, monty59 said:
7 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Thanks for the belittling, I know because i was in the weekly meetings which had all the outgoings/incomings and bank related information..

Again mate if you know why not state facts. I know the facts that's why I get fed up getting approached by people who only speculate and spread rumours about any clubs budget.

Put simply it’s Hurlford business and no longer mine, hasn’t been for a long time now. While I might make reference to something’s I’ve not lost my ancient art of keeping secrets 😂😂

Put simply it’s Hurlford business and no longer mine, hasn’t been for a long time now. While I might make reference to something’s I’ve not lost my ancient art of keeping secrets [emoji23][emoji23]
Then why keep stoking the fire, and by the way i am not belittling anyone. You did a great job at ford and was personaly sad the way it ended for you but you bounce back and are now doing a great job with the bot. Keep up the good work.

Then why keep stoking the fire, and by the way i am not belittling anyone. You did a great job at ford and was personaly sad the way it ended for you but you bounce back and are now doing a great job with the bot. Keep up the good work.
Back tracking now lol [emoji23][emoji90]

Back tracking now lol [emoji23][emoji90]
Not back tracking, just stating if he knows then spill, again rumours and stoking a fire that was never there in the first place. The Talbot family are always on here applauding kp for the service he provides every week. I have only stated he did a good job at the ford and is continuing it at the bot.
As always will state facts not rumours.