Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Struggling with this. The grass looks like a place that rains a lot, that car might have a UK plate and seems to be on the left, but are those well-grown palm trees? Between that and the architecture my first guess is Ireland. If the theme is still borders then I'm stumped, because I can't find anything like that near the Irish border. It's definitely a place with a car park for visitors. I'm running out of ideas though.

Remember that there is something very special in this photo.  It is not an arbitrary picture.

Yes.  It can rain a bit and be very windy as well.

Yes.  The car has UK plates and is driving on the left (or at least should be).

Yes.  They are palm trees.

The Irish connection (if you can call it that) is a person as opposed to the island itself.

If you are a sneaky person like me, then yes you can see the border in this picture.  It is the wall.

Yes there is a car park for visitors.

Edited by Fullerene
Correction to weather

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

While searching for this I came across the worst thing I've ever seen.

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 11.23.15.png

That looks like a challenge.  I have no idea where that could be.  You are definitely looking in the wrong place.

BTW The other country is not the Republic of Ireland so what country is it?

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

That looks like a challenge.  I have no idea where that could be.  You are definitely looking in the wrong place.

BTW The other country is not the Republic of Ireland so what country is it?

Ok, now that I know the answer I am ever more confused by the wallpaper clue!

With the theme being borders I was looking on the English-Welsh border. The landscape looked right and the walkers could have been doing the Offa's Dyke path.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

With the theme being borders I was looking on the English-Welsh border. The landscape looked right and the walkers could have been doing the Offa's Dyke path.

There's a theory that Napoleon died from arsenic in the wallpaper.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yes, there is a claim that the British deliberately put arsenic in the wallpaper to bump him off.  It is not true.  After all nobody else in the house suffered.  Although there probably was arsenic in the wallpaper.

Very old wallpaper is dangerous because almost every colour was achieved using one poison or another.  For example, Arsenic for Green.

The Toxic Histories of Five Famous Pigments (noahtech.com)

Edited by Fullerene

42 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Yes, there is a claim that the British deliberately put arsenic in the wallpaper to bump him off.  It is not true.  After all nobody else in the house suffered.  Although there probably was arsenic in the wallpaper.

Very old wallpaper is dangerous because almost every colour was achieved using one poison or another.  For example, Arsenic for Green.

The Toxic Histories of Five Famous Pigments (noahtech.com)

A friend of mine grew up in a big old house in the west end of Glasgow, with toxic AF wallpaper in the nursery. Yes, they had a nursery. His dad still lives there and I've seen it, it's genuine Victorian wallpaper with a pram-pattern print.

It appears not to have done him too much harm, though he is an Albion Rovers fan... 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Stonewall Jackson's headquarters, just down the road from the amazing Pizzoco Pizza Parlour?

Oh blast.  People actually know that place. 

Any guesses the connection between this place and Harper's Ferry?

BTW.  It is not Patsy Kline.

Correction. How bloody stupid am I.  A simple google of Pizzoco Pizza Parlour.  Dumb.

Edited by Fullerene

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Oh blast.  People actually know that place. 

Any guesses the connection between this place and Harper's Ferry?

BTW.  It is not Patsy Kline.

Correction. How bloody stupid am I.  A simple google of Pizzoco Pizza Parlour.  Dumb.

I Googled the pizza place, found the location, saw Stonewall Jackson's hoose and guessed that the other pic is Harper's Ferry. I linked to an article about the battle rather than to the place to show I'd made the connection. You're one of the few (only?) people here who blur out details in pics (learned that the hard way with "Little Island", didn't I?) so I thought you were throwing us an easy one.