Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well you are somewhat correct, I suppose it rules out the Indian Ocean and the Sahara desert so we are nearly there.

Im trying to find a good one on google maps now, I was driving home from North Berwick a few miles from Drem a few months ago and got the most incredible view of Edinburgh where you could see Arthurs seat and the castle perfectly. It looked so good because of the angle of the sun though so I'm not sure it will look as good on street view as it did then.

Not sure why you have ruled out the Sahara Desert.  This could be some Oasis Town.  That could be the very wall that inspired Noel Gallagher to write a song..

Okay.  Maybe I went to far.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Close.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A close in The Falklands, do you expect @Hedgecutter accuracy?

Is it Distance Marker Signposts at La Cruz Hill viewpoint, Punta Arenas, Patagonia, Chile, South America

https://www.alamy.com/distance-marker-signposts-at-la-cruz-hill-viewpoint-punta-arenas-patagonia-chile-south-america-image255844328.html

:lol:

2 hours ago, Fife Saint said:
8 hours ago, GordonS said:
I've seen border posts between Germany and Poland, it's a thing they do in Europe. I also thought the forestry didn't look right for Scotland. 
I zoomed in and saw the Lithuanian flag on the white post, and I thought that they probably wouldn't have a fence on their borders with Poland and Latvia, so I guessed it was more likely to be Russia or Belarus. Looking again, I thought the darker post had a hint of red and green - the colours of Belarus. So I went on Google satellite, turned on streetview, and just looked along the border for a place where a streetview road came near a point in the border where it made a 90 degree turn among woodland. 

Sensational work.

Tbh I think the pic chosen by the OP is the sensational work - just enough clues to make it not-too-difficult to work out, but abstract enough to look much more difficult.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

See when you posted the image via google maps, there is a globe at the bottom right that has a red x that is giving your location away is it not?

I was too late for this one, but I noticed that too and thought it must be either Ushaia or Puenta Arenas. Nothing else big enough where that red dot is.

58 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Google Maps seems to suggest this place isn't exactly where it is supposed to be

Where USA.jpg

without looking anything up I'm going to say that's four corners park in the USA where New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Nevada (or another four) all meet at one point ?

ETA - f**k it - read the rest of the thread before jumping in !!!!

Edited by Herman Hessian

6 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

without looking anything up I'm going to say that's four corners park in the USA where New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Nevada (or another four) all meet at one point ?

ETA - f**k it - read the rest of the thread before jumping in !!!!

I don't think there's a need to read the thread before solving the puzzles - that makes it a race rather than a quiz, no?

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't think there's a need to read the thread before solving the puzzles - that makes it a race rather than a quiz, no?

true enough - just seemed a bit naff to answer something that'd already been dealt with by your good self, which I could have avoided by exhibiting a bit of self control...Mrs H often goes on about something similar, but I'm usually drifting off to sleep by then and never really take on board what she says properly...

😉