Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

26 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What the f**k is this? How did you guess that?

Had you driven along that road in Lithuania and recognised it?

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

It's an international border. The post nearest has the Lithuanian flag on it, not sure I'd've had the patience to find the exact bit of right-angled border with a parallel road on Google Maps, mind...

I've seen border posts between Germany and Poland, it's a thing they do in Europe. I also thought the forestry didn't look right for Scotland. 

I zoomed in and saw the Lithuanian flag on the white post, and I thought that they probably wouldn't have a fence on their borders with Poland and Latvia, so I guessed it was more likely to be Russia or Belarus. Looking again, I thought the darker post had a hint of red and green - the colours of Belarus. So I went on Google satellite, turned on streetview, and just looked along the border for a place where a streetview road came near a point in the border where it made a 90 degree turn among woodland. 

I've seen border posts between Germany and Poland, it's a thing they do in Europe. I also thought the forestry didn't look right for Scotland. 
I zoomed in and saw the Lithuanian flag on the white post, and I thought that they probably wouldn't have a fence on their borders with Poland and Latvia, so I guessed it was more likely to be Russia or Belarus. Looking again, I thought the darker post had a hint of red and green - the colours of Belarus. So I went on Google satellite, turned on streetview, and just looked along the border for a place where a streetview road came near a point in the border where it made a 90 degree turn among woodland. 
Sensational work.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Oh come on.  There is a wall and some trees.  That rules out a lot of places.

Well you are somewhat correct, I suppose it rules out the Indian Ocean and the Sahara desert so we are nearly there.

Im trying to find a good one on google maps now, I was driving home from North Berwick a few miles from Drem a few months ago and got the most incredible view of Edinburgh where you could see Arthurs seat and the castle perfectly. It looked so good because of the angle of the sun though so I'm not sure it will look as good on street view as it did then.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:
7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Sensational work.

Just out of shot were FC Minsk's first team squad scaling the fence and into a waiting Lithuanian ambulance. 

Kind of gave the location away.