Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

2 hours ago, greendot said:

is the isreali flag significant or am i way off?

It's only significant in that, when paired with the Christian fish symbol as here plus a Trump/Pence sticker, it's the hallmark of an Islamophobic headcase.

This pic is a tough one to get. The clues are it's obviously the US, the houses on pillars show that it's tidal, it's near a post office and the arrow on the image shows that it's a streetview and not just a picture/sphere. Without a bit of knowledge you might need to check a lot of coastline, though you'd only be looking for streetview lines on the water. 

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's only significant in that, when paired with the Christian fish symbol as here plus a Trump/Pence sticker, it's the hallmark of an Islamophobic headcase.

This pic is a tough one to get. The clues are it's obviously the US, the houses on pillars show that it's tidal, it's near a post office and the arrow on the image shows that it's a streetview and not just a picture/sphere. Without a bit of knowledge you might need to check a lot of coastline, though you'd only be looking for streetview lines on the water. 

My thoughts on that would be its possibly Florida type area.  The streetview arrow also indicates an East / West outlook so looking for a straight pier / coastline to the north side as well.  The land to the west with the UPS outlet would also suggest its East Coast rather than west?

48 minutes ago, greendot said:

My thoughts on that would be its possibly Florida type area.  The streetview arrow also indicates an East / West outlook so looking for a straight pier / coastline to the north side as well.  The land to the west with the UPS outlet would also suggest its East Coast rather than west?

It's been up a while so I'll give you any clues you want.

All I'll say is that it could be anywhere from Maine to Texas.

One clue I'll give you is that a river that flows by a famous city meets the ocean around here. 

On 27/04/2020 at 23:37, Fullerene said:

Turnip = Swedes.   Yes.

It was all to do with chemical elements.

Google "Plaque of Mine Sweden" and it shows you the plaque in question.  It was a small village in Sweden called Ytterby which has a now disused mine where nine chemical elements were first discovered.

Similarly the chemical element Strontium was discovered in the village of  Strontian.  IIRC it is the only place in the UK that has the distinction. 

Was just idly watching YouTube stuff and this popped up.

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Hmm. I think that's the USS Yorktown, which would make this South Carolina. But I can't find the exact location and nothing looks quite like that picture: https://goo.gl/maps/NqHuGREsbbjCu97D7 

It looks like the same place but the bark on the trees is different, might be a seasonal thing. 

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It looks like the same place but the bark on the trees is different, might be a seasonal thing. 

The red kerb too, and the green-roofed building. There are also more of those short, squat palm trees. I don't think it's right, yet if it's the Yorktown (and it certainly looks like it, with the same number) then it's been there since 1975.

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Hmm. I think that's the USS Yorktown, which would make this South Carolina. But I can't find the exact location and nothing looks quite like that picture: https://goo.gl/maps/NqHuGREsbbjCu97D7 

I went on board the Yorktown when I went to Charlestown South Carolina.   I found it very interesting.  Years later I went on board this one.  Very identical apart from the name.

So right idea but wrong.

18 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I went on board the Yorktown when I went to Charlestown South Carolina.   I found it very interesting.  Years later I went on board this one.  Very identical apart from the name.

So right idea but wrong.

Both Essex class, built at the same time.