League 1 Team of the Year

On 26/06/2020 at 19:18, Spanish Armada said:

What it should’ve been was 

Mitchell 

Dunsmore  Crighton Benidictus McDonald 

C.Smith Gomis Agnew  C.Gallagher 

Lyons Goodwillie 

Replace Gomes with a Hendry and that’s a pretty salty team. Gomis’ inability to play a full 90 is a key factor there, but for about half at a time he looked pretty solid as a defensive midfielder...which probably contributed greatly to Falkirk’s defensive numbers.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Replace Gomes with a Hendry and that’s a pretty salty team. Gomis’ inability to play a full 90 is a key factor there, but for about half at a time he looked pretty solid as a defensive midfielder...which probably contributed greatly to Falkirk’s defensive numbers.

Cant understand why anyone  would want a striker with 11 goals in 33 games and none against the top two sides before .one with 24 in 34 games. Different if he had an abundance of assists but that's not the case.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cant understand why anyone  would want a striker with 11 goals in 33 games and none against the top two sides before .one with 24 in 34 games. Different if he had an abundance of assists but that's not the case.

True enough, Shadwell. I was just noting that Gomis, due to his age probably, really isn’t a good choice on that team. There are several forwards that could be argued about.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

True enough, Shadwell. I was just noting that Gomis, due to his age probably, really isn’t a good choice on that team. There are several forwards that could be argued about.

Gomis did ok but like you say he did tire at times. To me goodwillie and mcmanus were well ahead of the rest this season.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Gomis did ok but like you say he did tire at times. To me goodwillie and mcmanus were well ahead of the rest this season.

I looked over the stats again, and I can’t disagree with Goodwillie. McManus certainly is a strong candidate, as is Carrick (probably didn’t play enough) and Webster (9 goals and 9 assists).