Conquering Britain & Ireland

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's a lot more money in Norwegian football than I would have thought.

Likewise - was expecting to be working with almost nothing.

I'm not sure if it's just an FM thing - Hamilton spent just under 4 million on one player not long ago, so maybe that's just what happens...

April 2046

BxOYy0p.png

Busy month, but things have started to click a bit. Through against TNS, through 2 rounds of the cup and a basically fine few results in the league.

We were 2 up at half time v Valarenga, and gave away 2 penalties to throw it away, which was shite. But we're doing ok, and should be fine.

1-0 away isn't a terrible result against Rennes, gives us a chance.

7NUItBo.png

May 2046

Vk7RV3v.png

Out to Rennes, which was a shame, but we were comprehensively outplayed so fair enough really. Krasnodar beat Rennes in the final.

The loss to Stromsgodset was a shambles, they scored on the counter and we spent the rest of game missing decent chances.

Hit good form after that though, and got through in the Cup and then 4 on the bounce in the league - including a win at Rosenborg who are top, which could be huge. Persson was outstanding in that game, which is nice because he'd been fucking shite in the 2 before it, and was pretty much solely responsible for the loss against Stromsgodset.

9R57Bzf.png

Despite the win against Rosenborg, we're still 5 points behind them. Up to 2nd though, 

4 games to go until the half way point of the season. It's the World Cup next month, so we've only 3 games and then a big break.

July 2046

K96A6ps.png

Clean sweep this month - not overly convincing in any of these games, but we're getting the points so that's the main thing. 

dcx0Exa.png

Rosenborg have slipped up, and it means that it's now in our hands - just need to match their results and beat them again.

Haugesund lost to both us and Rosenborg this month, so are probably not serious title contenders, but can't be completely ruled out of things, either.

September 2046

Lu8B6c8.png

Well, that went much better. 

Into the Cup final, which is lovely, and we've managed to sort out form out as well.

We also actually played well in all of these games, which is a fair turn up for the books as we've been unconvincing for a while now.

nCP5Nd1.png

Scenes - Rosenborg absolutely fucking it.

Game in hand so we can go 3 points clear with a superior goal difference. Also playing Rosenborg this month, so could be done soon. Haugesund are still in it though, annoyingly they've won 6 and drawn 2 since losing to me.

And finally, off topic but...

n66XCJA.png

Magni become the first of my former sides to win another title after I left. 

October 2046

Phv4MA6.png

Simple stuff. Rosenborg had an absolute nightmare against us, ended up with 9 men and just fell apart all round.

6 games in a row without conceding for us now, and we've only conceded 15 all season. No bad.

AZjlqUE.png

6 points ahead with 3 games to go.

Don't want to jinx anything, but I think we might have a shot at the title here.

Matchday 29

Spoiler

UvdYq6A.png

That's more like it.

Won't lie, slightly shat it when they scored early doors, but we fought back well and were pretty comfortable in the end.

Spoiler

5O0Dgro.png

YAAAS.

Job done. First time I've ever managed it in my first full season, which is great.

Finland, Denmark and Sweden still to go.

OD86fIt.png

roYlK7y.png

ODxhciC.png

Norwegian Cup Final 2046

Final game with Odd, and its a Viking side who finished with 17 points and we've beaten 1-0 both times we've played them this season.

Spoiler

YRkNFec.png

Walk in the park.

f**k knows how we didn't score more, but they never looked like scoring so wasn't an issue really.

2TTJCMc.png

VFNFExU.png

One full season, two trophies. No bad.

m1nAChp.png

Right, next stop - Finland.

MR5HYIq.png

IF Gnistan. Aye, I've never heard of them either.

It would seem that there's not a single side in the Finnish Premier Division who haven't won it before, so it's into the second tier I go.

They're from northern Helsinki (apparently the bit that Vladimir Lenin lived in when he was hiding from the Russian police, which is pretty cool), and according to Wikipedia the most famous thing to ever happen to the club is nearly getting to the the semi final of the Finnish Cup in 2002. 

In 2002, the club nearly made it to the semi-finals of the Finnish Cup, by leading FC Lahti 2–0 till the 90th minute. A FC Lahti fan, ran naked to the field, which caused 5 minutes of added time. Lahti scored twice in injury time and in  extra time they made the final score 2–3.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Meet the Team

4 stars is Good player for most First Division sides, 3 stars just says "playing at First division level"

nfzeYlL.png

Not a great start. We have an alright striker in Makela, but f**k all beyond that.

c2sngjw.png

One decent central attacking midfielder, and then an ok right winger, but the rest of this is terrible.

h3aceeT.png

Koskinen is a good player, the rest of this is dross. 

7EOVlKo.png

Fucking hell, it keeps getting worse. A good centre half, then a good right back,  but a fucking terrible left back and other centre back. 

usIpF0o.png

And then a couple of pish goalkeepers to top it all off.

What the f**k have I let myself in for.

Transfers 2047

wXyJmjF.png

Not a clue who any of they guys are, so not fussed in the slightest about them going. All of them had agreed to leave before I joined anyway, so wasn't much of a choice even if I'd wanted to keep them.

2XZ05uT.png

Quite a few incoming players, which is good because it was absolutely needed.

We'll start with Osman Alhassan, a 30 year old right winger. He doesn't have much other than pace, but I'm hoping that'll be enough for the league we're going into.

Spoiler

GgnqJqp.png

Next, my other winger in Kastriot Prapashtica. He's not as quick, but has a bit more technical ability than Alhassan, should do fine. His end product looks pretty poor, but just need to see how he does.

Spoiler

89GrtO0.png

Bence Baliko is here to play left back, but can also cover at centre half.  He's not very good, but looks relatively solid defensively, so that's all I was really after.

Spoiler

NC2CIio.png

Olsen is  centre midfielder, looks pretty good. Technically able player, decent mental statistics, and can take a free kick which is always handy. I like him.

Spoiler

H3mphh7.png

Mikhail Karp was the best keeper I could find willing to join, and will do the job for a season. He's fine, but is definitely on the decline as a player, and I wouldn't be shocked if he retires soon. 

Spoiler

wTmkyzK.png

Oakland Geroge-Anthony will be my other centre midfielder, and looks good. Olsen will be the one who can actually play football, and I'm looking for this guy to stand next to him and run around tackling folk, which he looks capable of.

Spoiler

T0EjxzP.png

Osborn will be my main striker, and while his finishing is fairly poor, I'm hoping that his first touch and pace will make up for it and give him enough chances that it doesn't matter that he fucks most of them up. We shall see how that pans out.

Spoiler

v8eQ3s3.png

Last up is Gustaf Thor, who will be one of my centre halves.  He looks competent at all aspects of defending, which should see him stand out as one of the better players in this league.

Spoiler

uje9NuV.png

That's that then - I'm about to play my first cup game and the window doesn't actually close for a while yet so there may be more signings.

Finnish Cup Group Stage 2047

Right, the Finnish Cup has a fairly strange format. There's 4 groups in total - 2 groups of 6, all top flight sides with top 4 going through, and 2 groups of 5 second tier sides with the top 2 going through. There's also 2 first division sides left out of the cup, and I'm not sure how they decide which 2 it is, since 3 teams get relegated every season from a division of 12.

Anyway...

Fixtures.png

Pretty straightforward stuff. By far the better team in all of these games, which bodes well for the season ahead.

Table.png

And we're comfortably into the next round. It seems to be a straight knockout from now on, so that's good.

SJK.png

SJK in the next round - they're top flight, but have just been promoted into it so will be a good test of where we are.