Conquering Britain & Ireland

February 2040/41

hAazgkm.png

Pretty poor month, although I suppose I beat the one team below us and lost to the two above us. Still, not great.

3yixyB8.png

Fallen down the table a bit, but we still have to play Spurs and Chelsea so still in our hand somewhat.

I think we can safely assume that Birmingham will be going down - both their wins were against Derby, who are likely to be joining them going down.

March 2040/41

ul5ybzc.png

We absolutely fucked it against Villa - coasting and we gave away two goals from nothing. Had to rescue the draw late on.

Rest of the month was good, and then we got pumped by Liverpool. Was a bit unfortunate that.

HozjwSx.png

Well, we're still in 9th, but we've made up points on the European spots.

April 2040/41

JO1YnMj.png

Hit form at exactly the right time. The win against Chelsea was especially huge. Disappointed to end the month with a loss to Man United, but they're almost certainly going to win the league.

y1kZbww.png

In pole position for the Europa League spot (depending on the FA Cup),  and we face Bournemouth, Leicester and Watford.  All in our hands.

May 2040/41

T0xCgt1.png

A really fucking weird month. Started with an absolute shitfest against Bournemouth - we should have lost, but held on for a point.

I have no idea what happened against Leicester. Everytime we bothered to go up the park we scored, it was absolutely bizarre. Must have used up our decent play in that game, because we were pish against Watford to finish the season off.

hhJMCEu.png

It was enough in the end.

nZWR7Ya.png

We'll be playing in Europe next season.

Good laugh seeing Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all miss out. Still 23 points behind the winners, but we've made a big step forward this season. Need to work on my defence for next season - we had comfortably the worst among the top 10. Attack is looking in pretty decent shape though...

6Tma7qx.png

No bad for a 20 year old. 

Transfer Window 2041/42

rRwb03c.png

Didn't really have any utter dross kicking about the squad anymore, so just put a few of the younger players who won't play for me out on loan.

I did agree a deal to sell my third chocie goalkeeper, because he kicked up a fuss about me signing a new goalkeeper, but he's not leaving until January for some reason.

IpP8aqs.png

Not as busy as I'd have liked, but very pleased with the 3 signings I have made. Couldn't find enough quality in the areas I wanted.

First up, Muhammed Karatas on a free transfer after leaving Schalke - the guy's won the world cup... He's a left back, and will be first choice for me this season. He's only 28 as well, so still got a few years left in him.

Spoiler

saBJHtr.png

My next player was also cheap, Pallumb Agnolli from Albanian club Partizani Tirana. Centre half, he'll challenge for the starting spot and provide cover. Good dealfor him.

Spoiler

oTGmr3D.png

Final signing is Maximilliano Schmidt, a goalkeeper. He's one of the hunners of Argentinian regens who also have Italian nationality, so was able to get round the work permit thing which would have scuppered it. He'll be first choice goalkeeper for me, and looks a good upgrade on King. Again, got a pretty good deal on him.

Spoiler

C0YlFhH.png

August 2041/42

mRDV4mb.png

Just like last season, a brilliant start. We completely outplayed Arsenal and Villa.

We had about 6 first team players out injured against Tottenham, so was delighted to escape with a draw from that one.

ylU3Z2m.png

All going well so far.

I went straight into the group stages of the Europa League, and our draw is as follows...

D09CErh.png

We should be making it through that.

Will also see me face an old club for the first time since the Aberystwyth days when I play Livi - they've come 5th then 4th in the seasons since I left.

September 2041/42

R866RmG.png

The good form keeps going. Turns out that Marseille aren't up to much. Man City were very good, and we were lucky to get a point there, but the rest of it was a breeze.

cp1kJ1D.png

Still going well.

tYWRcsd.png

Only one game in, but I'd thought Marseille would be the best of the other 3 so pumping them is a good sign.

October 2041/42

6Mt0Iu5.png

Pretty poor month, to be honest. First two games were fine, but that Cardiff result was really, really bad. Losing to Everton was expected - at least europe and the cup game went pretty well, even if we did need a last minute winner at Livi.

zLQOzj3.png

Slipped down the table a bit - I don't think we're quite ready for a proper title challenge this season. We can't seem to get a win over the top few clubs from last season, which I think will cost us if we drop more points against shite like Cardiff.

TAuH6dU.png

At least this is more or less in the bag. Another win and we're through. 

November 2041/42

3COnRvv.png

Another pretty average month. Draws against Bournemouth and Charlton really aren't good enough if we want to push up the league, but good to get back on track with the win against Southampton.

Europe went very well though.

ngfIzee.png

Game in hand so we can go up to 4th if we win that.

3qQxI1s.png

Absolutely skooshed this. One more game, but we've already topped the group.

Livi play Marseille to see who will come second.

December 2041/42

QitnsHc.png

Month went very nicely - particularly the start of it. Great to get a win over Liverpool, which marks the first time (I think) we've managed to beat any of the teams  that finished ahead of us last season so far. We struggled badly against Swansea, which was very poor as they're fucking shite.

Also beat Hull to see us through to the semi final of the League Cup - where we'll play Man United.

No draw as of yet for the Europa League, as we skip the first knockout round. I'd quite like to win that.

IQLNZgB.png

Good month sees us back in the fight at the very top of the table. If we can hang on around here and get into the Champions League, that'll be a huge success.

DMYx5U7.png

Just for confirmation, topped the group with ease. Livi beat Marseille to get through alongside us.

IUQl47I.png

4KzGk0U.png

Couple of awards for David Campbell. He's legitimately one of the best strikers in the game at the minute, which is lovely. 

January 2041/42

FQHcj1a.png

Terrible result in the FA Cup aside, this was an acceptable month. Got into my first final with Brentford by beating Man United - second leg in particular was satisfying, let them have the ball and hit them on the break twice. Delightful. We'll be facing Southampton.

lBSCsqV.png

Draws are doing us in - significantly more than anyone else in the division. Still, only 3 points off top, and we could do it if we can start finishing games off...

February 2041/42

XLCj9cd.png

Absolute nonsense against Arsenal, but we more than made up for it in the next two games.

wF9bKhD.png

6 points off the top with11 games to go, so it'll be tough. Good chance we can stay in the Champions League spots though.

DjdEEar.png

Benfica in the Europa League. Tough draw, but think we should get through.

Up next - the League Cup Final.

League Cup Final 2041/42

League Cup final up next, and we're playing Southampton - who are hovering just above the relegation spots in the Premiership.

We should be beating them, and with it, taking my first bit of silverware in England...

Spoiler

Cljc0Vf.png

Incredibly easy match. They didn't have a single chance, and, while we only had a couple, we were completely dominant throughout.

od0yMPA.png

March 2041/42

mw7tvkg.png

Good month, although we completely chucked it against Wolves which was pretty unacceptable. Couple of solid wins in the league, and through in Europe though, so happy enough.

nbPBfwX.png

If Man United slip up, we've got a chance... But there's a fair few teams around us as well, so it'll be very tough.

And in Europe...

PslTjql.png

A team we've lost and drawn with this season. Sakes.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

April 2041/42

uhiDl8R.png

We've hit form at exactly the right time. Getting through against Everton was great, and we've won every league game so can't really ask for more than that.

SWgZ8Xp.png

Man United have drawn one of their games this month, so we're now within 2 points. Their goal difference means that we probably need them to lose at least one game, and win all of ours, but there's a small chance. We're all but guaranteed to be in the Champions League next season though, so that's nice.

Unfortunately, they're playing Wolves, Southampton and Swansea - so unless Wolves can pull it out the bag, I'd expect they'll win all 3 comfortably. We play Villa, Man City and Chelsea.

We also have the Europa League semi final to play....

5D87ZNR.png

Europa League Semi Final, First Leg

Spoiler

hZurqF7.png

That didn't go to plan. We were completely outplayed for 77 minutes, and then we did pretty well for the last 13 after our goal, which came from nowhere..

That goal was very important - gives us a chance, but they're still definitely in control.

Celtic beat Valencia 3-0 in the other semi, so likely that they'll be in the final...

Matchday 36, 2041/42

Spoiler

h2JLsQb.png

Good result for us. We only created 2 proper chances, but David Campbell scored both of them, while Villa didn't really threaten much.

That means that...

7qJJJdc.png

We're finishing 3rd at worst. We're 4 points ahead of Liverpool, in 3rd, so almost certain to be top 2 unless we absolutely f**k it.

Spoiler

JnS1Lil.png

AN OPENING APPEARS.

Was hoping they'd lose, but the draw opens the door very slightly.

l4OQ2Op.png

Unfortunately, their final 2 are currently 18th and 20th in the league, while we face 4th and 6th... A ten goal swing in our favour seems unlikely, so we're still needing them to drop more points and pick up maximum points ourselves.