Conquering Britain & Ireland

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I assume Scotland have qualified for at least one tournament in the last twenty years?

Aye, been to 2 Euros and a World Cup - and qualified for the next Euros as well. Absolutely spoiled.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Spoiler

j57wDjj.png

Brentford FC. The only other jobs that have come up since the start of the season were Everton and Wolves, who were both ruled out, and I'm impatient, so here we are.

This is their 4th consecutive season at this level, finishing 16th, 16th and 17th in the previous 3. They've basically been a yo-yo team between the top 2 tiers for the whole save,, so a bit of a project but no more than any of the others teams I've had. 16th is the best they've ever done though.

Anyway, the current league table looks like this...

TbbbIEn.png

Solid in midtable as it stands. We're expected to avoid a relegation battle, so need to keep up form as it's been going prior to my arrival really.

And the league winners during the league have been...

1goAUtd.png

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My heads now gone, as I just counted and Celtic lost more games in one season for you (9), than they have in my last 4 combined (8). Even if you add it 5th it only takes their tally up to 10 :lol:

I was hoping when he won it with Livvy it would be with Sevco in 2nd. What a beautiful way to continue the banter years: they finally finish ahead of Celtic but it's still in 2nd place

Meet the Squad

3 and a half stars is "Decent player for the EPL", 3 is "Leading player for the Championship"

mRxC84N.png

2 good options up front, and an alright back up - will need to upgrade these later, but happy for the time being. Jamal wants to leave, which is a bit of a pain, but we'll see what happens. 

RdkAGJy.png

Good options on right wing, decent enough, if unconvincing, options on left wing and frankly not good enough at attacking midfield - that'll be my first priority when January comes.

0IoYEyZ.png

One good and one alright centre midfielder, and not much else. Inexplicably, the last manager let my 3rd best centre mid go on loan to Hamilton, despite the fact that he's 25, so not likely to improve, and they're paying less than half his wage.

LFdSlXH.png

They've done the same thing with my 3rd and 4th centre backs! Both away on loan, despite being 26 and 28 respectively. Absolute nonsense. My options here are mostly ok, but there's a severe lack of depth.

D9s3z1C.png

This is fine - one good keeper, and a back up who's bad enough that he won't moan about wanting to play, but acceptable enough that he shouldn't be a calamity if I actually have to play him.

January Transfers - 2039/40

Don't normally bother doing a proper update in January, but I've actually signed more than one player for a change, and had a few outgoings, so thought I would.

cuc2CoE.png

Outgoings first. Radonjic wasn't good enough so punted, Hanson wanted away and was being a wee dick about it, and Jardel complained when I rejected Guangzhou's initial bid so let him leave. They've more than doubled his wages, so fair enough really. Hamilton is shite but good luck to him, Koutsagias might turn out ok, hopefully the loan does him good.

Now the new boys...

j5Y3C5P.png

Yes, I paid 32 million pounds to Inverness Caley. Apparently that's the record fee paid by Brentford, although it's not all up front.

David Campbell is an 18 year old striker from Perth, and he's outrageously good. Scored 17 goals in his first season as a first team player for Caley in the Premiership, and also got a hattrick on his Scotland debut (admittedly against Malta). Listed as a wonderkid, so hopefully he develops into a properly amazing striker and I can keep him.

Spoiler

aK1hsJ8.png

Other signing was Antonio Trigo, a central midfielder, who can also fill in at centre back. He looks pretty good. I probably paid slightly over the odds, but he should do a job.

Spoiler

749sscz.png

January 2039/40

EGKkT6B.png

Beat the 3 teams below the European spots, and lost to the 3 in it. Also drew with Arsenal in the FA Cup - they're basically a mid table side just now (came 11th last season) so that was a shame. I expect we'll lose the replay.

s1am49V.png

Moved up one spot in the league. Getting near the 40 point mark, which would be ideal.

March 2039/40

PXwuk8o.png

Wolves have a guy who's won world player of the year twice up front, so not overly fussed losing to them.

Should have beaten Leicester, but a good win over Arsenal made up for it. Really clicked in that game, which was great.

I4JODBy.png

Very close to being safe now. Just want to finish as high up the table as possible,.

Spain

SMUExSn.png

Couple of friendlies, some good wins. Gave one of my Brentford players some caps due to injury, and he popped up with 2 goals. Some guy.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

May 2039/40

Y5imAE7.png

Couple of good wins to end the season. Don't really mean much since we were already safe, but still.

87D3gbD.png

13th place. Highest finish ever for Brentford, which is nice.

Next up, the European Championships with Spain.

They finished fifth in 1936.