LUCKY NUMBER 7 ~ The Hamilton Academical 2020/2021 Thread.

To survive this season, with the loss of experienced players, I thought the youngsters would have to come through quickly. Only Hamilton has, Smith is a huge loss, and Mimnaugh threatens to kick on but hasn’t yet done so.

So, I’m pleasantly surprised to be in the mix to avoid relegation.

Thoughts on Justin Johnson? Signed with us until end of the season.

Can see he didn't get much game but could he do a job in the Championship?

Seemed to be the next big thing when he was at Dundee United but clearly never worked out.

Thoughts on Justin Johnson? Signed with us until end of the season.
Can see he didn't get much game but could he do a job in the Championship?
Seemed to be the next big thing when he was at Dundee United but clearly never worked out.

Hard player to sum up. Very pacy, but on the few occasions we actually seen him he did very little. Started against Motherwell in one game and had a shocker and was hauled off before half time. Can look good if coming off the bench for the final 10 mins of a game when he's up against tired legs. Probably needs a run of games to be able to judge him properly, something he never got with us.

You lot are going to do it again arent you?

Fucking well done. Absolutely love watching teams like yourselves punch above your weight (no offence) time and time again with all the pundits raging at your very existence in the top flight. Get it up them....wish it was us!!

How are Brian Easton and Jamie Hamilton getting on this season? Ive known Brian for years and work with someone who is good pals with Jamie, so just wanting to get a fan opinion. Especially on Jamie's potential.

Cheers.

Brian Easton is an Accies legend and done well since his return from injury. Jamie Hamilton is becoming a first team regular and has improved greatly as he has grown up. He has great potential and could become a top player

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yep, fantastic news. He's been absolutely immense recently.

I assume he won't want to play in the Championship if we get relegated so at least we'll get a fee if that happens.

You'll probably be able to rinse a moron outfit like Hibs for a six figure fee this Summer.

Then he'll bomb, as its very much a case of a player playing in a system designed to show their qualities, and you'll get to enjoy all their tiny tears.

Win win.

Want was on the bench the other week? Meh about Winter.
Nowadays it would be more surprising if a player didn't suffer a setback soon after returning. It's happened to S. Martin, Ogkmpoe, Want, Thomas and L. Smith and maybe more that I can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2021 at 16:21, accies1874 said:

I'll be in my grave and Ronan Hughes will still be making five appearances a season for us.

5 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Ronan Hughes gets contract extension !!. No idea what he has done to deserve that.