27 games. 14,10,10,10

It should be “relatively” easy for lower league clubs to resume playing in front of fans, certainly compared to big clubs. Limit all stands to max 25% capacity, make face masks mandatory, ask people to be sensible and socially distance appropriately. It’s then people’s choice whether they want to attend or not, but it should be as safe as going a walk / safer than going to the shops. And lower league clubs probably don’t get much more than 25% capacity crowds anyway.

A bigger issue is how many fans will actually want to attend, but that may be an issue for the foreseeable future if they don’t find a vaccine / it mutates much. We can’t wait until demand returns, need to accept that crowds will likely be down for a long time.

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

How am I meant to rattle off which teams don't want to play. It's clear to see from statements that there is teams and chairman who are wanting that.

Read particks, Clyde's alludes to it too.

Some clubs are actively pushing no footy for 12 months it seems.

Not something I've made up. Yes all teams want to play but there is some that by the sounds of it have made their mind up that rather than okay a half season or that they would rather no season...

Fucking hell this is pulling teeth. Your first sentence says you don't have a clue what clubs don't want to play and by your fourth sentence you state there are clubs "actively pushing for no football". What the f**k are you on about?

"All clubs want to play but some would rather not"

This isn't Animal Farm. Make more sense.

7 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

It should be “relatively” easy for lower league clubs to resume playing in front of fans, certainly compared to big clubs. Limit all stands to max 25% capacity, make face masks mandatory, ask people to be sensible and socially distance appropriately. It’s then people’s choice whether they want to attend or not, but it should be as safe as going a walk / safer than going to the shops. And lower league clubs probably don’t get much more than 25% capacity crowds anyway.

A bigger issue is how many fans will actually want to attend, but that may be an issue for the foreseeable future if they don’t find a vaccine / it mutates much. We can’t wait until demand returns, need to accept that crowds will likely be down for a long time.

Agree with this, but until the government changes it’s restrictions on gatherings no-one can do anything.

Would love to know which part-time clubs think they could run behind closed doors.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Fucking hell this is pulling teeth. Your first sentence says you don't have a clue what clubs don't want to play and by your fourth sentence you state there are clubs "actively pushing for no football". What the f**k are you on about?

"All clubs want to play but some would rather not"

This isn't Animal Farm. Make more sense.

Who shat in your cornflakes this morning wtf.

Here is the partick statement, have a read. 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/board-update-13th-june-2020/

They say they are willing to play but don't know if they will next season.

Here is the Clyde statement.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/6443/#.XudOM1PTVkw

They have said clubs have said publicly and privately about favouring mothballing for a season.

3 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

“Despite being relegated in an arbitrary fashion – with a game in hand and only two points behind our nearest rivals – we stand ready, willing and able to play, including behind closed doors. But today, we still don’t know when or even if we will play football next season.

Yeah, because we don't know if there's a season to be played or not 🤡

Genuine question, how are East Fife or other part time clubs going to bring in income or continue to pay players with no crowds?  I can see this being a massive struggle for far bigger clubs, quite surprised if East Fife are confident of making a go for this to be honest - particularly when we have no idea when fans are going to be allowed back in any meaningful capacity.  Even allowing for reduced attendance, New Bayview is on the smaller side in terms of capacity.  

I can understand Partick and Falkirk as they have a very large fan base so could call on support there in significant numbers, and can understand Brora and Kelty as they have very decent cash being ploughed in. 

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Genuine question, how are East Fife or other part time clubs going to bring in income or continue to pay players with no crowds?  I can see this being a massive struggle for far bigger clubs, quite surprised if East Fife are confident of making a go for this to be honest - particularly when we have no idea when fans are going to be allowed back in any meaningful capacity.  Even allowing for reduced attendance, New Bayview is on the smaller side in terms of capacity.  

I can understand Partick and Falkirk as they have a very large fan base so could call on support there in significant numbers, and can understand Brora and Kelty as they have very decent cash being ploughed in. 

It is but we're hardly packing it to the rafters every week. Maybe this might instigate opening up the sides for some standing areas to get more folk in. It all becomes infinitely more viable if the government reduces the 2m rule to 1m, I am fairly sure that if the Scottish government can be a bit more sensible in this regard that every team in this league can play with 1m social distancing in the stadium. 

9 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Here is the Clyde statement.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/06/13/6443/#.XudOM1PTVkw

They have said clubs have said publicly and privately about favouring mothballing for a season.

Well when you ask people a simple question and they keep repeating nonsense it can grate a wee bit on a Monday morning.

I've now read both statements and I cannot comprehend how you've reached the conclusion that some clubs don't want to play.

Can you give me the direct quotes from each statement that says they don't want to play next year?

Why are people wanting the top league bigger?? Scotland does not have 14 teams to compete at that level, championship will be full of Arbroaths and Mortons fighting to go up. I just dont understand how that will help anything. Top league needs to be 10 at most. I feel we are trying to protect the bottoms clubs from falling away into the junior league but where does that leave room for up and coming teams? Absolute shitshow imo

Why are people wanting the top league bigger?? Scotland does not have 14 teams to compete at that level, championship will be full of Arbroaths and Mortons fighting to go up. I just dont understand how that will help anything. Top league needs to be 10 at most. I feel we are trying to protect the bottoms clubs from falling away into the junior league but where does that leave room for up and coming teams? Absolute shitshow imo

What are you trying to say here? That there are clubs in the lower divisions that don’t want to be in the top league?

The more places in the top division, the more competition for provincial clubs and below.

That’s a good thing in my book....

23 minutes ago, MethilMink said:

When Jim Gannon was the Motherwell manager I remember him saying that the Scottish Premiership was quite unique due to the different sizes of the clubs playing there. Comparing our clubs to English clubs, he said that there were two English Premiership sized clubs (Celtic and Sevco), 4 English Championship sized clubs (Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United) and that the rest were comparable to English League 1 or 2 clubs.

If we look at Scottish clubs that currently fall into this category, you have Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Mirren, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Ross County and Hamilton.

Just under these you would have Livingston, Morten, Ayr United and QoS.

So I would say yes, a 14 team top league is perfectly viable.

Well when you ask people a simple question and they keep repeating nonsense it can grate a wee bit on a Monday morning.
I've now read both statements and I cannot comprehend how you've reached the conclusion that some clubs don't want to play.
Can you give me the direct quotes from each statement that says they don't want to play next year?

The Clyde statement says "make no mistakes we intend to be one of the clubs playing but how we achieve that depends on the strategy to deal with the many unknown factors that currently exist".

All the clubs will want to play but if games are played behind closed doors and they have to pay for testing then I don't see how it will be affordable. Income from streaming games won't be enough to cover it.

16 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Right, it's 12-10-10-10 again. Thank f**k we can move on from this nonsense. 

Don't speak too soon.  We've still to deal with the fall out of all of those incredibly unprofessional clubs who have said they can't afford to run a business with no paying customers.  b*****ds the lot of them.

Edited by stuartcraig

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Nonsensical court cases pending, of course...

Actually edited my original comment because I realised I might come across as a dig at you, which is wasn't intended to be!

But aye, sadly it wont be the end of the matter.

40 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When Jim Gannon was the Motherwell manager I remember him saying that the Scottish Premiership was quite unique due to the different sizes of the clubs playing there. Comparing our clubs to English clubs, he said that there were two English Premiership sized clubs (Celtic and Sevco), 4 English Championship sized clubs (Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United) and that the rest were comparable to English League 1 or 2 clubs.

If we look at Scottish clubs that currently fall into this category, you have Dundee, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Mirren, Partick Thistle, Inverness, Raith Rovers, Ross County and Hamilton.

Just under these you would have Livingston, Morten, Ayr United and QoS.

So I would say yes, a 14 team top league is perfectly viable.

Thee, Jim Gannon, world renowned football expert Jim Gannon, that one, the manager of Stockport County? 

Well...