WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

I am sure we have a number of fans who follow us as their local non league side and also follow a local side further up the senior ranks than us.

I don’t think many regular  fans travel great distances to watch us as most I suspect are from the Shawlands/Pollokshaws area and surrounds.

The bugbear of the Old Firm is the fact that many folk with no  connection at all to those teams travel  from all over Scotland never thinking about watching or supporting their local sides just because they can watch a team that wins almost every game.

I get what you mean.

I don't know if most on here will though.

Think we can all guess the big team of most Junior fans in Banjo Country.

They wear blue and it ain't Kilmarnock.

lol

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

I get what you mean.

lol

Queen of the South?

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I get what you mean.

lol

Toss up between Stranraer & Peterhead

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

So you don't think Pollok might attract outsiders that don't live in Shawlands. They might even have season tickets for elsewhere in Glasgow and enjoy a visit to Newslandsfield when the big team is away or maybe playing on a Sunday.

Come to think of it, why do Clydebank play a lot of games on a Friday night?

I think of all the teams at this level, Clydebank will have the LEAST following a "big team" . Certainly when they started out in the Juniors Clydebank WAS the big team - (ignoring the petty arguments), they saw themselves as a continuation of the team that had only about 16 or 17 years earlier been playing in the Scottish Premier Division.

If Clydebank fail to win the league with them currently in poll position and favorites for the league, would this season be seen as a failure for them given a very poor cup run?

Would they also consider if not promoted the premier non-league competition the Scottish Junior Cup, by far the most prestigious and also the most financially rewarding competition at our level. Or would they still view that as beneath them?

50 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

If Clydebank fail to win the league with them currently in poll position and favorites for the league, would this season be seen as a failure for them given a very poor cup run?

Would they also consider if not promoted the premier non-league competition the Scottish Junior Cup, by far the most prestigious and also the most financially rewarding competition at our level. Or would they still view that as beneath them?

I definitely think we wouldnt play in the junior cup, purely to annoy you. 

51 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Read £38k somewhere but might be bs.

Don't know the figure however there was an email out looking for £200/fan. Being honest I was surprised at that, they have strong crowds and in a decent area. 

Was a bit strange the captain leaving and joining us on loan

24 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Don't know the figure however there was an email out looking for £200/fan. Being honest I was surprised at that, they have strong crowds and in a decent area. 

Yass. You've clocked on for another shift.

37 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Not sure about the financial stuff as I’m not privy to that information.

Hutton left cause all he could do was pass sidewards or get booked. Couldn’t score, assist or tackle. 

19 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Not sure about the financial stuff as I’m not privy to that information.

Hutton left cause all he could do was pass sidewards or get booked. Couldn’t score, assist or tackle. 

Being honest when we took him on loan my initial thoughts was it was an attempt from us to show we could attract ex-senior player. Not been bad for us but nothing special. 

There's certain teams I couldn't less if they went under as they bring nothing to the table however Pollok are a massive club at this level so hope all ends well.