Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Morning Gents.

firstly, thank you ever so much for your kind replies.

I was a little apprehensive, to say the least, but I really do appreciate your kind words and support.

The fact that this is how you have replied is exactly what I was on about... honesty, fair play... yeah, abuse for the ref. lol, but just supporting your own team. reeeespect.

The team. They are all hard working young men that do their very best for Bo'ness every single time they step out on the pitch. what is there not to love in that.

That is all we can ever ask.

Thanks again guys,

C'Mon the BUs

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Any indication of when BigGameHunter will be fit to return ?

Was told 8 weeks but maybe not inclusive of full fitness. Think it happened mid September so maybe ready to get back In training. 
Be good to get updates on injuries etc on the website.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Was told 8 weeks but maybe not inclusive of full fitness. Think it happened mid September so maybe ready to get back In training. 
Be good to get updates on injuries etc on the website.

Fans at our level often forget injuries will take longer to heal than those sustained by full-time players.  One, the guys can't rest if they have a job and also don't get the every day physio they maybe need.

Of course the biggest problem is when a player requires an operation.  Unless it is deemed an emergency then you just have to wait for the NHS to get round to you.  Full-timers normally covered by insurance that allows them right into a hospital for a private operation.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a weekly injury update.

21 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Fans at our level often forget injuries will take longer to heal than those sustained by full-time players.  One, the guys can't rest if they have a job and also don't get the every day physio they maybe need.

Of course the biggest problem is when a player requires an operation.  Unless it is deemed an emergency then you just have to wait for the NHS to get round to you.  Full-timers normally covered by insurance that allows them right into a hospital for a private operation.

I agree though, it would be nice to have a weekly injury update.

Just a wee follow on from your shout on part time players, Jambo.

I remember Ally McCoist twinging his knee. He needed knee arthroscopy. I think it was a few little tears in his cartilage and I know how much pain that can be. Those little tears have you are out for a good 6 weeks minimum. He was back training less than 10 days later. Had the op the following day after he did it. Physio, ultra sound the lot. There is definitely a major advantage to getting to the root cause as soon as possible.

I know the guys will be insured, but as you said Jambo, this will be for major issues. Smaller niggling injuries will have to stand in the ever increasing NHS queue.

23 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

absolutely massive game tomorrow.

same effort and fight... that will keep me happy.

any luck heading our way .. gratefully accepted.

C'Mon he BUs

Would say every game this season is a massive game Brian! Definitely though games like this and ones against Cumbernauld, BSC, and Civil Service are the biggest as they're the ones that will make it most obvious where our final position will be. That said the optimist in me still wants to say its actually the games against Kelty, Bonnyrigg, EK and East Stirlingshire that are most important cause of how well we've started, but the realist is still saying somewhere between 5th and 9th is most likely

Yeah Wullie, there has to be an element of optimism, or else we would never go and watch a game. 

As much as my heart wills the guys on towards picking up all 3 points, the reality sinks in and tells me that this is our first venture into this level of football.

This is a very difficult league.

These teams have all been here before, bought some very decent players and have recognised qualities within the LL.

and after all of that, with these really strong, fit and full of quality teams that are about to ...  and have  already  ...  played us, 

I still think: If the guys produce the energy, commitment, fight and drive to any standard close to what they already have given us... 

I seriously think we will do not too bad in this league.

sorry, but still my only goal, at this moment in time, is survival. 

can't wait to be verbally beaten up and told "we told you so" when we have "survived" and then moved onwards and upwards.

C'Mon the BUs

9 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

This is a very difficult league.

These teams have all been here before, bought some very decent players and have recognised qualities within the LL.

and after all of that, with these really strong, fit and full of quality teams that are about to ...  and have  already  ...  played us, 

I still think: If the guys produce the energy, commitment, fight and drive to any standard close to what they already have given us... 

I seriously think we will do not too bad in this league.

sorry, but still my only goal, at this moment in time, is survival. 

This is one of the best posts I have read for a while re the LL. It genuinely comes across as "please to be here and looking forward to the challenge, we are up for it". This is what it is all about.

May the best team win and each team push themselves onto new levels.

The higher you go it is all about every single game being on your toes at all times and believing in what you can do. There are too many tolls around here at the moment looking back to the supposed good old days. These days have long gone and it is now about teams taking the new opportunities availaible to move up because it you don't you will be left behind.

I am more than gutted that it is very likely that the Shire/Bo'ness festive derbies this season will behind close doors. I really miss that the kind of atmosphere that these type of games can generate. The LL is a different animal to the one Shire found ourselves in in 2016/17 and it will only become a far stronger League as each season passes. For Bo'ness the changes you have gone through in the last couple of seasons and what that means to the support and club I can't imagine.  For  me change is a very good thing indeed as it freshens everything up and keeps us all from getting complacent.

Now what are the chances of every unbeaten team in the LL so far remaining unbeaten tomorrow ? Unlikely but I am most sure there will be a few draws at least :)

20 minutes ago, Dead said:

This is one of the best posts I have read for a while re the LL. It genuinely comes across as "please to be here and looking forward to the challenge, we are up for it". This is what it is all about.

May the best team win and each team push themselves onto new levels.

The higher you go it is all about every single game being on your toes at all times and believing in what you can do. There are too many tolls around here at the moment looking back to the supposed good old days. These days have long gone and it is now about teams taking the new opportunities availaible to move up because it you don't you will be left behind.

I am more than gutted that it is very likely that the Shire/Bo'ness festive derbies this season will behind close doors. I really miss that the kind of atmosphere that these type of games can generate. The LL is a different animal to the one Shire found ourselves in in 2016/17 and it will only become a far stronger League as each season passes. For Bo'ness the changes you have gone through in the last couple of seasons and what that means to the support and club I can't imagine.  For  me change is a very good thing indeed as it freshens everything up and keeps us all from getting complacent.

Now what are the chances of every unbeaten team in the LL so far remaining unbeaten tomorrow ? Unlikely but I am most sure there will be a few draws at least :)

Seems to be the general vibe amongst BU fans - We have a good squad and a good manager just now and everyone is just  embracing the new challenges of the pyramid and willing the team to go as far as they can. The commitment and attitude of Max and the players is top class, and their never-beat attitude and team spirit spills over to the fans too...

Which is why it really is totally crap for all the fans missing all these games, as we’d been looking forward to visiting some new grounds and new opponents. Some familiar grounds and  old foes too. Having a local derby with The Shire during the festive period was definitely a fixture which everyone was looking forward to.

It is what it is just now though and everyone just needs to keep hopeful we’ll get back in soon. In the meantime all we can do is watch from afar and support our clubs out any way we can. 

Mon the BU!

(And a fucking vaccine!) 

Edited by 8MileBU

Attempting to be unselfish for a minute ... so very hard to do 🙂

The boys are playing their hearts out, week in, week out, and nobody, crowd wise, is there to see their fantastic achievements. 

Some of Bo'ness's best football has been played, up until now, and they do not receive the praise and adulation of a very grateful crowd.

That is such a shame. yes, grin and bear and get on with it.. But you are not trying to tell me that a selective list of fans, tagged and allocated an entrance time slot and a standing area, with strict instructions to keep to the 2 metre rule, could not, relatively easily, be allowed in.

The buzz word at the moment is "Wellbeing". let's start using it... please.

just let us in.

C'Mon the BUs

I heard the players were missing the prematch tunes.

Attempting to be unselfish for a minute ... so very hard to do [emoji846]
The boys are playing their hearts out, week in, week out, and nobody, crowd wise, is there to see their fantastic achievements. 
Some of Bo'ness's best football has been played, up until now, and they do not receive the praise and adulation of a very grateful crowd.
That is such a shame. yes, grin and bear and get on with it.. But you are not trying to tell me that a selective list of fans, tagged and allocated an entrance time slot and a standing area, with strict instructions to keep to the 2 metre rule, could not, relatively easily, be allowed in.
The buzz word at the moment is "Wellbeing". let's start using it... please.
just let us in.
C'Mon the BUs

I truly believe John, the players know that The Bo'ness fans are an honest bunch of guys.

Praise for the team... never stops. the full 90.

shouts of disapproval, yeah.. rough with the smooth: But never just for the sake of it.

I suppose a knowledge and a love of the game brings respect and understanding of what they are going through, what a player maybe trying to do, but it doesn't come off. This is why BU fans, in the main, do not scream and shout abuse at the players - they are trying their best. We just simply appreciate their efforts and support them in the best way we can... by passing through the turnstiles every game.

we all got our tickets? May I be a pain again please and ask for a shout when someone has the link and when the link goes live?

C'Mon the BUs