OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

40 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Went to the Leeds game yesterday against my better judgement.  Should've went with my gut, don't think I've been to a friendly yet that's enjoyable. 

Gave it a miss yesterday as I just don't really enjoy friendlies. However I did end up watching a live stream of it.

I must admit I was expecting the team to suffer a heavy defeat , but was relieved we held a team with such an expensive squad to 1-0 loss.  Our defensive performance looked significantly improved, but it's hard to fully asses our attacking play until the league starts.

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

As an aside is it not absolutely farcical that we've not officially moved the fixture on the 12th, knowing fine well that we are playing (someone!) on the 10th....

Seems a bit silly to bother waiting until the opponent is confirmed 

But we can't be sure and MAY play on the Saturday as if Larne qualify (along with Crusaders) we will play in Belfast on Tuesday 8th. I appreciate that is unlikely, but while the possibility exists nothing can be confirmed.  It's another problem of the qualifiers being every week. As no teams from the "important" countries are involved the football authorities just do not care.

If true, that would be a fantastic signing. Although I think St Mirren could hold out for a decent fee from an English side if they are patient. A very good player. Probably St Mirren's most valuable asset at the moment. I think St Mirren would be more willing to negotiate a deal if you were leave out Andy Halliday.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Seeing the account that's posted it, I'll take it with several handfuls of salt.

Indeed.

Even if it were true, neither of the players mentioned play in the positions we require. Although maybe we're needing extra training cones.

Always funny when people suggest player swaps (which almost never happen now) and think you can just offer your worst player who has a transfer value of 0.

Also, I can't remember the last time we put a bid in for a Premiership player.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Always funny when people suggest player swaps (which almost never happen now) and think you can just offer your worst player who has a transfer value of 0.

Also, I can't remember the last time we put a bid in for a Premiership player.

Dylan Levitt?  Aw you said Premiership, sorry.  That would be Devlin who chose the sheep over you boys. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Dylan Levitt?  Aw you said Premiership, sorry.  That would be Devlin who chose the sheep over you boys. 

Don't remember any reports that we'd bid for Levitt. Devlin was Neilson's target and was a free agent.

Swing and a miss.

7 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Don't remember any reports that we'd bid for Levitt. Devlin was Neilson's target and was a free agent.

Swing and a miss.

You don't read about every player you have bids rejected for tbh.   Devlin you are completely guessing because he went to Aberdeen. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You don't read about every player you have bids rejected for tbh.   Devlin you are completely guessing because he went to Aberdeen. 

Are you trying to say you aren't guessing?

We were linked to Devlin when Neilson was here and then it went quiet. Seems a pretty solid guess.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Are you trying to say you aren't guessing?

We were linked to Devlin when Neilson was here and then it went quiet. Seems a pretty solid guess.

Of course I'm guessing, it's all part of the fun.   Patterson confirmed he turned down a deal to sign for you guys but you would put that down to Robbie leaving too I suppose :)  it's all fun and games DC. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Of course I'm guessing, it's all part of the fun.   Patterson confirmed he turned down a deal to sign for you guys but you would put that down to Robbie leaving too I suppose :)  it's all fun and games DC. 

Not familiar with those quotes, but it's probably reasonable to suggest Paterson was a Neilson target rather than being identified through the scouting system. Likewise Devlin. After Neilson left, getting Paterson in would still have been a no-brainer if possible, but the same logic doesn't really apply to Devlin.

Original point was, rightly or wrongly, it's not really been our style recently to target Scottish-based players who are under contract.

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

"Swing and a miss" turning into the new P&B "seething".

As a veteran of this website, I can assure you both have been P&Bisms for ages.

Seethe and a miss.