OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This change/reclassification better lead to change of style/nothing changing except results or i for one will not be happy.  And I'll not be happy if it does change or stay the same.

Why would this be a catalyst for change? In practice has anything actually changed?

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why would this be a catalyst for change? In practice has anything actually changed?

Nothing ever changes at Hearts, that's the problem.

Whether we're extremely shite (Covid-curtailed season) or actually do well (third and cup final) it's just so boring. Think McInnes at Aberdeen without the consistently decent results. It doesn't seem to matter who the head coach/technical director/sporting director/management team are. Such a paucity of ambition on the field.

That we're triumphantly Attendance FC continues to baffle me. I'd have absolutely no interest in going to Tynecastle every fortnight (if it was feasible for me) and have no idea how we've managed to get to a position where there's a waiting list for season tickets.

57 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

This change/reclassification better lead to change of style/nothing changing except results or i for one will not be happy.  And I'll not be happy if it does change or stay the same.

I salute your lack or apathy

We need more people like you

31 minutes ago, Darren said:

Nothing ever changes at Hearts, that's the problem.

Whether we're extremely shite (Covid-curtailed season) or actually do well (third and cup final) it's just so boring. Think McInnes at Aberdeen without the consistently decent results. It doesn't seem to matter who the head coach/technical director/sporting director/management team are. Such a paucity of ambition on the field.

That we're triumphantly Attendance FC continues to baffle me. I'd have absolutely no interest in going to Tynecastle every fortnight (if it was feasible for me) and have no idea how we've managed to get to a position where there's a waiting list for season tickets.

Maybe it's like that Sound of Freedom movie having the production company buying up lots of tickets or the Daily Wire having 1000 computers streaming that Rich Men North of Richmond song 24/7 and James Anderson has bought 3000 seasons.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think they're taking the piss out of the tweet posted on the previous page.

I reckon those speculating about McAvoy having a bigger say before now are probably the same people who backed Naismith for the job and now won't entertain the idea that the initial upturn in performances was just a new manager bounce.

If there's a sudden improvement from here it'll be because we got knocked out of Europe and Naismith stopped doing daft things; not because we changed who's doing the press conferences. I won't hold my breath on that.

35 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

New manager bounce incoming, imo.

Edinburgh clubs going to spend the whole season sacking coaches and scudding Aberdeen in their next game.

Maybe.

Gary Locke beat Aberdeen at tynecastle with an under 18s team. This is not a benchmark. 

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

I think they're taking the piss out of the tweet posted on the previous page.

I reckon those speculating about McAvoy having a bigger say before now are probably the same people who backed Naismith for the job and now won't entertain the idea that the initial upturn in performances was just a new manager bounce.

If there's a sudden improvement from here it'll be because we got knocked out of Europe and Naismith stopped doing daft things; not because we changed who's doing the press conferences. I won't hold my breath on that.

Pretty much.  This two weeks is massive for Naismith - the approach to the Aberdeen game has to be bang on and he's got to get a result of some sort.   I do think the effect of European games was pretty clear, but that's been compounded by some awful decision making

What amazes me about the folk wondering if McAvoy was in charge is not that they exist, but that a lot of them seem to be charlatans positioning themselves as "experts" on the club. 

Morons. 

Naismith needs to get a pretty immediate reaction now the European games are out the way or he's a dead man walking. 

I don't necessarily have any faith in the board to act any time soon if form doesn't pick up.

There's a difference between leadership and pig-headedness, and I'm not sure our board demonstrate the former more than the latter.

I see there were adverts for the hotel at the weekend. I wonder if we'll hire a hotel manager who has never managed a hotel before.