OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

43 minutes ago, Darren said:

So a £298,000 profit after James Anderson has pumped in £4.5m and in a year of record turnover? Seems… worrying?

Still to read through it, but my Hearts Finance Mate, on whose opinion I rely in these issues, reckons "a bit shite, but long-term ok".

My concern isn't so much the figures. Anderson exists and his presence obviously influences the amount we spend and the risk we expose ourselves to. I'm ok with that. Operating loss apparently around £3.5m. I thought higher, but explained to me I'm wrong in a language I don't understand.

My issue is that we seem to have substantially increased staff costs with what exactly to show for it?

Seems like it is simply further evidence that we have the tools we need, but unfortunately are also run by tools.

Hearts respond to the largest ever turnover outside the OF by hiring an inexperienced *** to whittle away any potential advantage.

It still amazes how poorly run Hearts actually are in terms of footballing decisions. Potential just squandered constantly.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts respond to the largest ever turnover outside the OF by hiring an inexperienced *** to whittle away any potential advantage.

It still amazes how poorly run Hearts actually are in terms of footballing decisions. Potential just squandered constantly.

Next year we’ll have hotel profits to waste on top of that🫶🏻

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's remarkable. We have everything in place we could need, but it's just pished away by the idiots in control.

From a Hearts' bubble point of view, it's frustrating. From a competitive point of view, our failings last season got Aberdeen out of a financial problem that would have bitten them quite badly, and looking ahead, it's hard to be sure we won't continue to be wasteful.

That said. Compared to decades gone by, it is nice to be sitting with a huge turnover, a completed stadium, discretionary infrastructure being spent on, and no risk to the club. In many ways these are great days. But the board are making an utter c**t of it and it's hard to defend them at this stage.

53 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Still to read through it, but my Hearts Finance Mate, on whose opinion I rely in these issues, reckons "a bit shite, but long-term ok".

My concern isn't so much the figures. Anderson exists and his presence obviously influences the amount we spend and the risk we expose ourselves to. I'm ok with that. Operating loss apparently around £3.5m. I thought higher, but explained to me I'm wrong in a language I don't understand.

My issue is that we seem to have substantially increased staff costs with what exactly to show for it?

Seems like it is simply further evidence that we have the tools we need, but unfortunately are also run by tools.

we got poor value for money from that playing budget

Admittedly at any given point last season a lot of money was being spent on Squad members  who were unavailable for selection but nonetheless

Quite how much of the problem was simply poor luck and how much was poor judgement is an essay question but we need to be luckier and/or smarter preferably both

13 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Next year we’ll have hotel profits to waste on top of that🫶🏻

Youll not have anywhere near the same turnover due to being shite this year.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

we got poor value for money from that playing budget

Admittedly at any given point last season a lot of money was being spent on Squad members  who were unavailable for selection but nonetheless

Quite how much of the problem was simply poor luck and how much was poor judgement is an essay question but we need to be luckier and/or smarter preferably both

Last season is one of these that will always go down as a bit of an odd one.

The coach was poor and performances were below what we should expect. But it's also fair to acknowledge that Neilson didn't have access to anything like his best team for the whole season. Added to European congestion, there is mitigation for under-performance.

That said, all we had to do was get 58 points and call it a dirty job well done. Instead, we've got Aberdeen off the hook and given up what was becoming a very strong position in comparison to our long-term rivals. I'd argue that's a result of the January window. I think both our and Aberdeen's squads would look quite different this season if we'd limped to 58 points.

We're just a club that makes poor decisions.

Edited by VincentGuerin

At the AGM I'm going to outline my proposal to take the club forward. The Annamir Romanov Dream Team.

Combining our two best recent figureheads would see us get the best of both worlds. We'd have an energetic figurehead who takes no shite from the media, other clubs, and just the world in general, while signing loads of really good players and giving us regular manager sackings, which I can never get enough of. All this combined with the financial security and threat-free existence we have now.

Get it together, you two.

Untitled.jpg.986d1b07ee95efb9ed0736cb92af8526.jpgUntitled.jpg.80bbfef92c6240e0dab63970e3e2af67.jpg

Anderson's made a commitment and its budgeted for. He basically wants it to go on infrastructure and growing the club in the community, so if he was giving us it to spend and we didn't spend it what would the point be?

We spent significant amounts on the hotel, women's team, B team and upgrades on the stadium.

The turnover also doesn't include the benefactor or FoH donations.

Looks pretty healthy to me tbh. We'd simply not budget for the Anderson money when he gives the nod but we'll be in a better place overall when he does go as a lot of the things his money has went to can make us money for years to come.

Certainly don't think there's much to be worried about there.