OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

What an absolute moron, the guy is arguing against claims absolutely nobody is making. Even the thing about him not being  fast enough for our style is bollocks given we have been slow and turgid for most the season. Some people are just determined to turn there nose up at other players in the league.

I wish people would stop giving him time. He's a try hard because it's the only way he gets attention. If people could just collectively ignore him, the human race should get back on track.

Anyway, a nice boring transfer window without losing anything and even trying to use foresight to strengthen. If I could be greedy an alternative to Shankland would be nice as without him our options look cack.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Boyce out for 2 months, needs an operation.

That puts a slightly negative spin on the window, we must've known that, why didn't we get a forward in?

I didn't know this before, but this was my worry and it's not a surprise. He's an able deputy, but can't be relied upon to stay fit these days. We should have been after a striker anyway.

I assume this information was kept under wraps until today because they were trying to bring someone in and didn't want to get gouged on price. Maybe Van Veen's fitness was a concern but he'd have been an obvious way to go.

Lys Mousset it is.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You may need to reconsider your choice of Pubs

Don't think changing pubs will help much, unless I move about 45 miles east.

Just now, DaveMackay56 said:

If we hadn’t started the season poorly we’d be in the mix.  Since game week 10 we’ve taken 3 points less than rangers and 2 more than Celtic.  The only points we’ve dropped have been a robbery 

We were well beaten at home to Rangers and at Pittodrie, even if it was only by a goal.

Our form over the last 15 games or so illustrates that the more pessimistic fans over the last few weeks are partly right. We aren't good enough to keep up these results over the course of a season, but that's not because we're not 3rd best, it's because we're not title contenders. Results will regress a bit at some point, but that's fine.

12 minutes ago, DC92 said:

We were well beaten at home to Rangers and at Pittodrie, even if it was only by a goal.

Our form over the last 15 games or so illustrates that the more pessimistic fans over the last few weeks are partly right. We aren't good enough to keep up these results over the course of a season, but that's not because we're not 3rd best, it's because we're not title contenders. Results will regress a bit at some point, but that's fine.

Disagree. I was at Pittodrie.  In the first we were easily the better side, in the second half Aberdeen went direct and we didn’t react.  

Tynecastle against rangers - rangers did nothing until the break away goal. Before the goal we were the better side and had the better chances. 

Ross county at home was a complete robbery. Should have had 2 penalties instead we received a red card for Forest.  

ps. I’m not arguing that we are or would be title contenders as I don’t believe that.  I’m stating that our form over the past 15 games is title contending form.  Which it is clearly

Form in the last 15 is good, but that's what it is; form. There'll be a downturn.

We're on course for over 70 points at the moment, and I'd be very surprised if we managed that.

We're having a very good season, but we're some distance off being anything more than third best. There have been a lot of close-run things in terms of our wins, and I don't think it'll be a shock when we start to drop points. Fortunately, it looks like we're pretty much done enough already.

7 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Disagree. I was at Pittodrie.  In the first we were easily the better side, in the second half Aberdeen went direct and we didn’t react.  

Tynecastle against rangers - rangers did nothing until the break away goal. Before the goal we were the better side and had the better chances. 

Ross county at home was a complete robbery. Should have had 2 penalties instead we received a red card for Forest.  

ps. I’m not arguing that we are or would be title contenders as I don’t believe that.  I’m stating that our form over the past 15 games is title contending form.  Which it is clearly

My statement was also that the last 15 games was title contention form. The point was that it's unsustainable and that's fine. Some people have been acting like we're on the verge of collapse because we're not winning comfortably every week.

Still, we weren't robbed in those games. Aberdeen and Rangers created more than us over the 90 minutes and deserved to win. County you can argue because of the penalty decision, but a draw was fair in that game. Likewise, a few of our wins could easily have been draws or worse (such as yesterday).

People tend to reframe all previous results based on the current mood. Trying to be as objective as possible, I think we're about where we should be or, if anything, a few points better off.

Just now, Molotov said:

If you had been unbeaten over that period fair enough but that’s a bit of a stretch.

Nobody is unbeaten in the same period and we've taken more points than Celtic, so it's not really a stretch at all.

To repeat before someone takes it out of context, the point is we are not that good and won't sustain that over the course of a season.

21 minutes ago, DC92 said:

My statement was also that the last 15 games was title contention form. The point was that it's unsustainable and that's fine. Some people have been acting like we're on the verge of collapse because we're not winning comfortably every week.

Still, we weren't robbed in those games. Aberdeen and Rangers created more than us over the 90 minutes and deserved to win. County you can argue because of the penalty decision, but a draw was fair in that game. Likewise, a few of our wins could easily have been draws or worse (such as yesterday).

People tend to reframe all previous results based on the current mood. Trying to be as objective as possible, I think we're about where we should be or, if anything, a few points better off.

yea all fair. Still a great run of form achieved without some big players at our disposal which was my overriding point. Need to build on it