OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

And now they've changed their tune.

Open to all at 3pm! Hibs, that is.

You're welcome, everyone.

They wont do that for the smellys.  Much rather have empty seats than listen to that lot. 

Just now, Mr. X said:

They wont do that for the smellys.  Much rather have empty seats than listen to that lot. 

They probably won't. But they should be dropping the points requirement to 7 or 8. 15 is OTT.

Costs us money, less backing for the team, open goal for the OF morons to criticise.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Costs us money, less backing for the team, open goal for the OF morons to criticise.

I agree, but the rage among the Celtic fans almost makes it worth it.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

They probably won't. But they should be dropping the points requirement to 7 or 8. 15 is OTT.

There are, at time of writing, 578 tickets left on sale for the Celtic game

About 2/3 of which are in the section K next to the Celtic fans 

Most of the rest are single seats scattered around the rest of the ground, ideal for people with no mates

Giving Celtic an extra section would mean we'd already be denying Hearts fans tickets regardless of their loyalty point status and the extra revenue would be less than £18k

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There are, at time of writing, 578 tickets left on sale for the Celtic game

About 2/3 of which are in the section K next to the Celtic fans 

Most of the rest are single seats scattered around the rest of the ground, ideal for people with no mates

Giving Celtic an extra section would mean we'd already be denying Hearts fans tickets regardless of their loyalty point status and the extra revenue would be less than £18k

I'm certainly not advocating giving them an extra section. I just think we shouldn't be making it unreasonably difficult for Hearts fans to buy a ticket.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm certainly not advocating giving them an extra section. I just think we shouldn't be making it unreasonably difficult for Hearts fans to buy a ticket.

Yep, it's madness. 15 LP's is a lot. Means you could pretty much have been to every home game this season and still not have enough. It should be dropped to 5 or something like a buying history outside of Celtic games. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Apologies
By the time I'd got all the numbers together I'd forgotten what the original point was

Getting close to the chance to wrap up third.

I think we'll get pumped off Celtic on Sunday. After that it's Ross County away and Killie at home. Two wins there and we're pretty much done, imo. Although I think the Killie game is more must-not-lose- than must-win. Follow that with St Mirren away and Livi at home.

I think 9 points from our remaining games should be enough.

No fucking about and hopefully a relatively serene post-split life like two years ago.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 27/02/2024 at 17:29, Tony Wonder said:

Yep, it's madness. 15 LP's is a lot. Means you could pretty much have been to every home game this season and still not have enough. It should be dropped to 5 or something like a buying history outside of Celtic games. 

You wouldn't think that would be too difficult to sort. You could even take to anyone with one or more points excluding Celtic games.

48 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Getting close to the chance to wrap up third.

I think we'll get pumped off Celtic on Sunday. After that it's Ross County away and Killie at home. Two wins there and we're pretty much done, imo. Although I think the Killie game is more must-not-lose- than must-win. Follow that with St Mirren away and Livi at home.

I think 9 points from our remaining games should be enough.

No fucking about and hopefully a relatively serene post-split life like two years ago.

In the space of a week I've gone from looking forward to the Celtic game to dreading it.

As for 3rd, we have 52 points and Kilmarnock are on pace for 54. Even one win might be enough. I'd say a couple of wins and a couple of draws would make us extremely difficult to catch.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

In the space of a week I've gone from looking forward to the Celtic game to dreading it.

As for 3rd, we have 52 points and Kilmarnock are on pace for 54. Even one win might be enough. I'd say a couple of wins and a couple of draws would make us extremely difficult to catch.

Killie have 6 of their last 10 away, and have 2 away wins all season.  

Simply cannot see them getting to even 60 points, as decent a team as they look

With 9 games left we're now 13 points off 2nd and 13 points ahead of 4th so barring something truly amazing happening 3rd place appears inevitable the only question is when it becomes official

So in order to artificially inject some suspense into proceedings I'm going to pretend that having it wrapped up before the split is important

A draw in the upcoming Killie vs St Mirren fixture would help speed the process up but if we win the next four then it's job done regardless of what happens elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With 9 games left we're now 13 points off 2nd and 13 points ahead of 4th so barring something truly amazing happening 3rd place appears inevitable the only question is when it becomes official

So in order to artificially inject some suspense into proceedings I'm going to pretend that having it wrapped up before the split is important

A draw in the upcoming Killie vs St Mirren fixture would help speed the process up but if we win the next four then it's job done regardless of what happens elsewhere. 

If it's not wrapped up before the split, Naismith has to go. Said all along that an inexperienced coach was the wrong way to go.

The utter indignity of limping into the post-split fixures still potentially staring at FOURTH would surely be too much for him to survive.

I think they should reduce the number of single game tickets.

I know there is more money in the single game tickets, but Hearts should look to accommodate as many Hearts fans wanting season tickets as possible.  Especially behind the goal in the Roseburn. Looked a bit shit  sitting empty on Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I know there is more money in the single game tickets, but Hearts should look to accommodate as many Hearts fans wanting season tickets as possible.  Especially behind the goal in the Roseburn. Looked a bit shit  sitting empty on Sunday. 

Heard from a few people that they're going to be doing just this. Not sure if this is just a rumour going round in circles, but it would make sense.

I think we do need to keep tickets available for those who don't want/can't afford/can't commit to a season tiket. Folk shouldn't be cut out of seeing the team in those circumstances, but I'd be tempted to go up from where we are now.

I think the current cap is 15,600, so I reckon we could do another thousand?

26 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I don't think it is about making more money from single game tickets. Like @VincentGuerin says, not everyone can afford a season ticket. 

And how many season ticket holders were there that didn't go to the game? 12 o'clock on Sunday morning is pish.

Ticket office having a tough week.

After the sales-blocking 15-point policy for the Celtic game, Ross County away went on sale today to 40+ and sold out in a heartbeat, leaving quite a few 100+ pointers ticketless. Fast or last.

I'm not actually against lower points totals. I think it's important to avoid a situation where a small number of Loyalty Points Champions at the top keep rolling over points just because nobody else can get in ahead of them. Maybe today was a deliberate move in that direction.