OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

4 hours ago, Navallion said:

On the topic of signing "bottom six jobbers" that Miovski is a good wee player aint he 😏

Come up with what Aberdeen are wanting, plus a bit more for being in the same league, hopefully, and you can have him.

4 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

£6million. Some of it will line the owners pockets, some of it apparently on infrastructure.

i think hibs fan in general do not understand the current financial gaps between hearts and hibs.  

They will need a lot more than a one of £6m which will be less than we take from Europe next season.  

They’d need upwards of £4m a season just to equalise hearts, and that’s hearts pre profit from hotel, sponsorship deal, and the releasing of benefactor funds for football only. 

I thought the £6m was what they were paying the Gordon’s for 25% of the business as opposed to buying freshly created shares 

There’s a vagueness in the statement 

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/27/club-statement--black-knight-football-club/

I should probably have been following this more closely

From the outside looking in it looks like Hearts are doing a good job continuing to strengthen and build the club up. The income from 3rd place will be vital to them and it makes sense for them (or anyone) to really focus on improving their squad to try to nail that spot and the current income it produces every season.

16 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

£6million. Some of it will line the owners pockets, some of it apparently on infrastructure.

i think hibs fan in general do not understand the current financial gaps between hearts and hibs.  

They will need a lot more than a one of £6m which will be less than we take from Europe next season.  

They’d need upwards of £4m a season just to equalise hearts, and that’s hearts pre profit from hotel, sponsorship deal, and the releasing of benefactor funds for football only. 

The Gordon family were owed a 7 figure sum (stadium upgrades, the money spent on hospitality etc) and that has been wiped out and converted to equity in this move. 

This doesnt give them more value, as their percentage ownership in the club has concurrently been diluted by the new shares. 

The entirety of that £6m is available to the club now, and not one cent of that goes to "line the owners pockets".

Thanks for the financial lesson though.........................

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

The Gordon family were owed a 7 figure sum (stadium upgrades, the money spent on hospitality etc) and that has been wiped out and converted to equity in this move. 

This doesnt give them more value, as their percentage ownership in the club has concurrently been diluted by the new shares. 

The entirety of that £6m is available to the club now, and not one cent of that goes to "line the owners pockets".

Thanks for the financial lesson though.........................

So there’s new equity created for the Gordons to clear that debt and also new equity created for the new investors. Have I got that right?

Whatever's going on at Hibs, I think we can just be grateful that we're in good nick (including £150,000 a month from FoH) and well-positioned for the medium term without having to rely on deals we don't really understand with foriegn investors with unclear motivations.

This summer is going to be a good chance for Hearts to build on the good work of the last few years. Even if Aberdeen were to win the cup and take the guaranteed group stage football, Hearts are in good shape in pretty much every way imaginable just now. Apart from needing another centre half.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Whatever's going on at Hibs, I think we can just be grateful that we're in good nick and well-positioned for the medium term without having to rely on deals we don't really understand with foriegn investors with unclear motivations.

This summer is going to be a good chance for Hearts to build on the good work of the last few years. Even if Aberdeen were to win the cup and take the guaranteed group stage football, Hearts are in good shape in pretty much every way imaginable just now. Apart from needing another centre half.

talking about “locking” in the group stage money “every season” is a bit reckless. Things can go wrong and they occasionally will

Even if  the people running Hearts get everything right, bad luck with injuries, A cup upset or just someone else having a really, really good season will derail things 

I remember about a decade ago someone on the Celtic Board talking about how they budgeted for getting into the champions league group stages every other season 

That’s probably how we should be looking at this 

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

talking about “locking” in the group stage money “every season” is a bit reckless. Things can go wrong and they occasionally will

Even if  the people running Hearts get everything right, bad luck with injuries, A cup upset or just someone else having a really, really good season will derail things 

I remember about a decade ago someone on the Celtic Board talking about how they budgeted for getting into the champions league group stages every other season 

That’s probably how we should be looking at this 

I'd agree. And we need to keep in mind the coefficient.

Scotland seems likely to lose the Champions League group slot but retain the EL/EC group slot, which is pretty much the perfect situation for us. But if the national coefficient slips much more, we'd be back to having to negotiate qualifiers every year even if Hearts were skooshing third/winning the cup every season (which we won't).

With that long game in mind, I'd not be devastated to lose the EL play-off - assuming we're in it - next season and take the Conference league, as, looking at the projected pots, we'd have a decent chance of improving our own seeding in that tournament. We need to prepare for having to negotiate qualifiers, either because we've had a poor season or because the coefficient requires it.

I think the club are doing a decent job of building insurance against under-performance. The stadium is sold out most of the time, we're maximising guaranteed ST revenue, we've got the hotel, we've got £150,000 from the FoH every month. Remember where we've come from klaxon, but the club have done a great job of getting us from admin and relegation to the point where we're stable and in a financial position that causes a problem for our competitors.

All joking aside, look at what Hibs have had to do to attempt to compete with us. Nobody can hand on heart say they'd fancy that for their club over our model, but they don't really have a choice. And Aberdeen's stadium issues are going to be a long/medium term financial drag on them.

We can't complain about where we are, European money or not.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So there’s new equity created for the Gordons to clear that debt and also new equity created for the new investors. Have I got that right?

Yep. That also had the result of diluting (if thats the word) all shareholders %age of ownership (v previously).

Which is why HSL were mimpy about it as their raison detre is to get more shares (which they couldnt do anyway as the Gordons wouldnt sell them any more) and their shareholding has been effectively reduced (although the value remains basically as it was)

All other shareholders voted for it, and anyone who had an understanding of the ins and outs of it saw it as a good deal.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Whatever's going on at Hibs, I think we can just be grateful that we're in good nick (including £150,000 a month from FoH) and well-positioned for the medium term without having to rely on deals we don't really understand with foriegn investors with unclear motivations.

If we had to start from EL Q2 and make it to EL PO to get to the Conference groups minimum, how'd you see that going? Getting past 2 opponents?

12 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

If we had to start from EL Q2 and make it to EL PO to get to the Conference groups minimum, how'd you see that going? Getting past 2 opponents?

It would depend on our seeding. Which is why I'd not mind being in the Conference next season. We need to be improving our club standing to make sure we have a chance of winning qualifiers.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

It would depend on our seeding. Which is why I'd not mind being in the Conference next season. We need to be improving our club standing to make sure we have a chance of winning qualifiers.

Yes; I was so glad we never got zurich's group 😆

On the other end of the spectrum, we may qualify for the EL and I reckon Naismith fancies our chances, but I'm not overly keen; rather another year of building, like yourself

Just looked at last year's EL Q3, for non-champions, only 4 teams, we'd have been up against a 52.000 & 39.000, so F that 😄

We could've taken zurich and with this team, I think so, but they were 7.000 to our 7.380, both country coefficient values, due to lack of European competition

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

Spittal has been very good for Motherwell of late and Penrice is a player I've always liked but are either the type of player to help Hearts kick on? Surely the next step is doing a wee bit better in Europe and consolidating 3rd. Just seems a bit meh for Hearts' ambitions IMO.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Spittal has been very good for Motherwell of late and Penrice is a player I've always liked but are either the type of player to help Hearts kick on? Surely the next step is doing a wee bit better in Europe and consolidating 3rd. Just seems a bit meh for Hearts' ambitions IMO.

Unless we f**k up massively, we're going to be playing eight games in Europe next season. We're also likely to lose quite a few this summer, so we need a good number in.

I see players like this as sensible squad player signings and getting them in early is pretty wise. Not everyone in the squad can be on a big wage. We need people who can win a game against St Johnstone on a Sunday after a European game.

Happy enough with this as a start, but it's highly unlikely either will be our major arrivals.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We need people who can win a game against St Johnstone on a Sunday after a European game.

I appreciate your belief we'll be in the league next season. 

Believe the new 3 are on decent bonuses, as well as obviously offering them more than other prem clubs

Dhanda could well be on a hefty basic too

Could be the best chance they'll all get to earn the most they can

You'd think Spittall, at 28, isn't going to get a bigger contract unless he performs outrageously well

The other 2 have a chance to progress and be sold on; we'll see how that goes

Needless to say, I hope they all smash it