OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 04/03/2024 at 11:10, topcat(The most tip top) said:

With 9 games left we're now 13 points off 2nd and 13 points ahead of 4th so barring something truly amazing happening 3rd place appears inevitable the only question is when it becomes official

So in order to artificially inject some suspense into proceedings I'm going to pretend that having it wrapped up before the split is important

A draw in the upcoming Killie vs St Mirren fixture would help speed the process up but if we win the next four then it's job done regardless of what happens elsewhere. 

WE'VE FUCKING BLOWN IT!

Devastated.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Marley Watkins Killie wonderstrike at Tynecastle will live long in history

He'll tell his grandchildren about the day he marginally delayed Hearts from wrapping up 3rd place

I'll never be able to watch the heart-warming 2008 hit comedy about Owen Wilson's family and their dug ever again,

Fucking spewing here.

• 2 weeks later...

Over £25k raised by Hearts fans in 2 days by “Big Hearts” charity to make sure that some of those who can’t afford the expense of a day out at Hampdump,get to enjoy a free experience in Scotlands second city.

Incredible effort once again from the Gorgie ♥️

3 hours ago, woolf said:

Over £25k raised by Hearts fans in 2 days by “Big Hearts” charity to make sure that some of those who can’t afford the expense of a day out at Hampdump,get to enjoy a free experience in Scotlands second city.

Incredible effort once again from the Gorgie ♥️

It's a great thing they've done. Fantastic work.

Looks like 18,500-19,000ish sold, which justifies the 50/50 split, imo.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's a great thing they've done. Fantastic work.

Looks like 18,500-19,000ish sold, which justifies the 50/50 split, imo.

How much do Hearts still have to sell? Do you think they can get them shifted by Sunday? 

31 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

How much do Hearts still have to sell? Do you think they can get them shifted by Sunday? 

Hard to say. The system seems to be spitting up the odd seat here and there. It seems (from mates of mine who can be fucked counting this stuff) that there are about 180 left on sale, but I think there's possibly 2,000ish that haven't been put up for sale.

Seems likely we'll land around 19,000, possibly a bit above. Compares favourably with semi attendances against the OF, but less than we sold for the game with Hibs. By quite a bit. Prerty sure that was 23,000.

We're basically taking a home crowd.

Edited by VincentGuerin

7 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

There’s a few behind the goals 

but a few random available seats keep appearing in other previously sold out sections which must be returns or something 

I wasn’t going to go because I thought I’d left it too late to get decent tickets

but then I saw a couple of good seats in the north stand appear out of nowhere so I’m onboard 

IMG_0110.png

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s a few behind the goals 

but a few random available seats keep appearing in other previously sold out sections which must be returns or something 

I wasn’t going to go because I thought I’d left it too late to get decent tickets

but then I saw a couple of good seats in the north stand appear out of nowhere so I’m onboard 

IMG_0110.png

Good man.

A couple of my mates were displaying fear and moral weakness in the face of the vile enemy, but have discovered their fortitude at the last minute and will also be joining the throng.

I reckon we'll see a few more last-minute-ers. A couple of wins recently hasn't hurt, not to mention Rangers' wobbles.

13 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

At Hampden the concept of "decent seats" is a relative term 

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For £40 you can watch the game for £30 you can say you were there but that’s about it

I'm in South Stand upper, but I'm still trying to look for my wee binos, as well as my Calumn Morrison training beeny

Can't remember if I've stuck them down the basement; will report back on this critical matter ASAP

-

Edited by Craigie Jambo

We really shouldn't complain too loudly about this season.

Third in the league is the best that we can reasonably expect, and we were only put out of the cup competitions by a club who's player's salaries completely dwarf even our highest paid players.

Hopefully we can kick on next season and make a better showing in Europe.