OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Looking like we mean business,great 3 early signing that haven’t cost us a penny.We need more quality and need to clear the at least 10 who aren’t good enough.Who we letting go?

I don’t think Denholm will make it,hasn’t looked good enough and Tait is far better.

Cochrane has obviously been looked at - he’s off for £2m +

Stiffs like Halliday,Harring (much respect,been a great servant),Tagawa,Oda,Devlin, Sibbick,Halkett(never fit)Grant..Fraser on loan can go,I’d keep Lembikisa but can’t afford to sign him.

My biggest hope is that Pollock is completely fit next season,I think the lad could be exceptional.

10 out gives us room to bring in better.

Edited by woolf

6 minutes ago, woolf said:

Looking like we mean business,great 3 early signing that haven’t cost us a penny.We need more quality and need to clear the at least 10 who aren’t good enough.Who we letting go?

I don’t think Denholm will make it - Tait is far better.

Stiffs like Halliday,Harring (much respect,been a great servant),Tagawa,Oda,Devlin, Sibbick,Halkett(never fit)Grant..Fraser on loan can go,I’d keep Lembikisa but can’t afford to sign him.

Oda isn't anywhere near the exit door for me. Since he scored his first goal he's played the equivalent of 9.6 full games in the league and scored 5 times. Great finish on Saturday and changed the game against Motherwell in his previous appearance. Still only 22.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

Oda isn't anywhere near the exit door for me. Since he scored his first goal he's played the equivalent of 9.6 full games in the league and scored 5 times. Great finish on Saturday and changed the game against Motherwell in his previous appearance. Still only 22.

Couldn't agree more.

Devlin wouldn't be on the out list either, he's exceptional at what he's good at, stop expecting him to be a ball playing midfielder and he's more than good enough. Especially so if he's seen as a squad option.

Happy enough with the 3 pre contract signings. Slightly concerned Spittal and Dhanda are quite similar, especially as we have McKay and want Pollock to break through, but both proven in this league.

Best thing is it's the opposite of last season. Naismith clearly has an idea of what he wants and we are doing it early, no fucking about in late August.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Couldn't agree more.

Devlin wouldn't be on the out list either, he's exceptional at what he's good at, stop expecting him to be a ball playing midfielder and he's more than good enough. Especially so if he's seen as a squad option.

Yep, Devlin is a good squad player at the very least. Halkett won't be leaving either given he's just re-signed and is injured.

Pretty happy with the pre-contract additions so far. I think we're more than covered for bodies across the majority of the squad now so the aim should now be to add a bit of extra quality through the spine of the team and to replace Cochrane, Baningime and Shankland (!) if they leave. Hopefully we'll have the best part of £10m to spend.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Yep, Devlin is a good squad player at the very least. Halkett won't be leaving either given he's just re-signed and is injured.

Pretty happy with the pre-contract additions so far. I think we're more than covered for bodies across the majority of the squad now so the aim should now be to add a bit of extra quality through the spine of the team and to replace Cochrane, Baningime and Shankland (!) if they leave. Hopefully we'll have the best part of £10m to spend.

Yeah I get the feeling we'll spend a few quid (by our standards) and try our best to get decent replacements in as we'll inevitably lose a few.

58 minutes ago, woolf said:

I don’t think Denholm will make it,hasn’t looked good enough and Tait is far better.

My biggest hope is that Pollock is completely fit next season,I think the lad could be exceptional.

Its quite early to say for Denholm, he's not necesarilly done bad the games he's played in.

2 mil for Cochrane would be good business, not the same player as past couple of seasons so may as well get a decent fee for him while we still can.

Oda and Devlin surely need to stay, good squad players, and Halkett been given a new deal but if it wasnt for that fact I'd want him gone 100%. 

11 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Its quite early to say for Denholm, he's not necesarilly done bad the games he's played in.

2 mil for Cochrane would be good business, not the same player as past couple of seasons so may as well get a decent fee for him while we still can.

Oda and Devlin surely need to stay, good squad players, and Halkett been given a new deal but if it wasnt for that fact I'd want him gone 100%. 

Denholm might end up a quality player but he’s the one lad that’s been given opportunities and he’s not good enough, he’s decent.Tait and Pollock are better and we can’t keep them all mate.Been a great day for the famous.

Edited by woolf

24 minutes ago, woolf said:

Only an opinion guys,so we keep Oda and Devlin and punt who else?

I think Grant and Fraser will go and that's space for Dhanda and Spittal.

Beni isn't signing a new deal, Haring will be off. Cochrane likely to go, Shanks too you assume.  Lembikisa will be off. Not sure we'll be actively punting many but there will be quite  a few leaving.

14 minutes ago, woolf said:

Only an opinion guys,so we keep Oda and Devlin and punt who else?

Fraser, Lembikisa and Haring are near-certs to leave. Grant, Sibbick and Tagawa are likely to get the "free to find another club" treatment. Baningime looks unlikely to renew and Cochrane and Shankland are likely to be sold.

That's 9 players out which would give us scope to bring in another 6 without increasing the size of the squad, something like: CB, RB, CM, winger, striker x2.

I've enjoyed Aberdeen fans on Twitter having a laugh at Hearts signing "bottom six jobbers" while seemingly oblivious to the fact that's what all their players currently are.

19 minutes ago, Darren said:

I've enjoyed Aberdeen fans on Twitter having a laugh at Hearts signing "bottom six jobbers" while seemingly oblivious to the fact that's what all their players currently are.

A lot on Hibs.net are the same.  Reading their thread you would think Hibs have third place sown up this season and about to sign a dozen world class players over the summer to challenge the arse cheeks next season.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

On the topic of signing "bottom six jobbers" that Miovski is a good wee player aint he 😏

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

A lot on Hibs.net are the same.  Reading their thread you would think Hibs have third place sown up this season and about to sign a dozen world class players over the summer to challenge the arse cheeks next season.

How much money are they actually gettin punted into them? I've heard its around 5 million odd but who knows who to trust these days.

But if so wouldn't we get a fair amount for finishing 3rd anyway? With a much better squad which we can add to compared to them near enough havin to scrap their whole starting 11 apart from a couple players. With that they'll end up paying their players stupid wages they'll come to release they can't afford.

12 minutes ago, Navallion said:

How much money are they actually gettin punted into them? I've heard its around 5 million odd but who knows who to trust these days.

But if so wouldn't we get a fair amount for finishing 3rd anyway? With a much better squad which we can add to compared to them near enough havin to scrap their whole starting 11 apart from a couple players. With that they'll end up paying their players stupid wages they'll come to release they can't afford.

£6million. Some of it will line the owners pockets, some of it apparently on infrastructure.

i think hibs fan in general do not understand the current financial gaps between hearts and hibs.  

They will need a lot more than a one of £6m which will be less than we take from Europe next season.  

They’d need upwards of £4m a season just to equalise hearts, and that’s hearts pre profit from hotel, sponsorship deal, and the releasing of benefactor funds for football only.