OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Rosenborg was definitely the preferable draw here in terms of chance of progression. The biggest "name" in Norwegian football, but for a good many years they haven't lived up that status, and are currently sitting 10th in the 16-team Eliteserien at the midway point.

Hearts have a very good chance here.

One drawback being it sounds like an absolute b*****d of a place to get to, mind you.

Edited by Nightmare

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Rosenborg was definitely the preferable draw here in terms of chance of progression. The biggest "name" in Norwegian football, but for a good many years they haven't lived up that status, and are currently sitting 10th in the 16-team Eliteserien at the midway point.

One drawback being it sounds like an absolute b*****d of a place to get to, mind you.

Aye. Pro is that they seem to be pish just now. Con is that they're mid-season and will be much more up-to-speed than Hearts. I see they've just put together back-to-back wins, so need to keep an eye on that.

Certainly a more winnable tie that some of the alternatives.

18 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

If we can't beat Rosenborg them we've no business in the PO round.  It's a winnable tie albeit made tougher given we've only got 1 proper game before it.  

Hopefully Crusaders can take them tbf, i can go to Belfast

Belfast would be tremendous. Up there with some of the best pubs available in European competition.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I went Liverpool-Oslo-Tronhiem, that was 10 years ago though.

Was also £8 a pint then too.

Edited by Steve McQueen

On paper it's a good draw. I looked through Rosenborgs players and don't think any of the players that were included in the Norway squad called up to play Scotland in June came from Rosenborg. Hearts have a chance, but they'll have to up their game from what they've shown in Europe last year.

On 21/07/2023 at 10:28, gazelle83 said:

Huge statement of intent from Hearts beating Leyton Orient to his signature.

Not just Leyton Orient, by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

:lol: He actually looks no bad tbh.   Hope he turns out as shite as his mate Grant.

Hope you are well mate btw. 

I'm good, pal. Good to see you still spouting shite on here.

I'm raring to go for the new season. I've spent the summer meditating in the ironing cupboard, emerging from my trance only to throw darts at a picture of Robbie Neilson. Counting down the days to Perth.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm good, pal. Good to see you still spouting shite on here.

I'm raring to go for the new season. I've spent the summer meditating in the ironing cupboard, emerging from my trance only to throw darts at a picture of Robbie Neilson. Counting down the days to Perth.

Good stuff mate :) 

On 19/07/2023 at 22:32, Stylish Kid said:

Someone suggested that it's all cascaded out of the English PL clubs spending late? Which feels right TBH.

Also as someone pointed out we didn't sign Shankland till the end of August (albeit we'd been chasing all summer)

Shankland signed a week before the first league game, scoring both in a win over Stoke City

On 21/07/2023 at 10:28, gazelle83 said:

Huge statement of intent from Hearts beating Leyton Orient to his signature.

Yeah, the sheep too 🙃

On 22/07/2023 at 05:33, gazelle83 said:

Twitter. Hearts 115k, Peterborough 108k

Instagram. Hearts 69k, Peterborough 63k

Facebook. Hearts 68k, Peterborough 62k

Hearts Main forum, 33,000

Peterborough Main forum, 1600

Wee team Main forum, 14,500

Sheep Main forum ?

On 22/07/2023 at 15:26, gazelle83 said:

It's not an argument, I was trolling attendance FC but I caught a couple other idiots unfortunately....yes you're one.

Shite backtracking, tbqh

=====

Frankie Kent was instrumental in getting the Posh into the Championship season before last and taking them to the brink of play-off promotion last season

He done all he could for them and very good stats; Frankie Kent is magic

44 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Shankland signed a week before the first league game, scoring both in a win over Stoke City

Yeah, the sheep too 🙃

Hearts Main forum, 33,000

Peterborough Main forum, 1600

Wee team Main forum, 14,500

Sheep Main forum ?

Shite backtracking, tbqh

=====

Frankie Kent was instrumental in getting the Posh into the Championship season before last and taking them to the brink of play-off promotion last season

He done all he could for them and very good stats; Frankie Kent is magic

How big was his part in his team getting relegated from the Championship conceding the most goals in the league?

If you are gonnae pretend you had heard of the jobber this time last week at least provide some balance ;)  The brink would have been the play-off final too - not conceding 5 goals in a semi-final collapse that's considered one of the worst of all time. 

11 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I wasn't expecting much but that's genuinely great. Was going to say perhaps a bit too stylised but there's an option to revert it to something less 3D so fair fucks. 

6 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

I wasn't expecting much but that's genuinely great. Was going to say perhaps a bit too stylised but there's an option to revert it to something less 3D so fair fucks. 

I'm glad someone else appreciates it. Love how you can pick a seat and look at a scrollable view of the stadium from that seat. That function is probably available in lots of other club's sites but I thought it was cool.

33 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm glad someone else appreciates it. Love how you can pick a seat and look at a scrollable view of the stadium from that seat. That function is probably available in lots of other club's sites but I thought it was cool.

They should add audio to show how loud the booing is from your seat imo