OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

12 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Just noticed we've only been awarded two penalties since the 5-0 win against Aberdeen in January. Shankpen's return must have dried right up.

Don't worry bud. Shankland will be back to his antics when Hearts are scraping the barrel for a result again.

On 19/08/2023 at 14:00, DC92 said:

He's also won 17 of 19 headers in the two league games which is exactly what we were missing last season.

Im seeing this used a lot, but the context has to be added that over half of those won headers were against Stevie May.

Edited by RandomGuy.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im seeing this used a lot, but the context has to be added that over half of those won headers were against Stevie May.

To be clear, I think he's good in the air because I've seen him 6 times now and he has looked good in the air, not because the stats said so. But those stats are the quickest way to get that point across to someone who hasn't seen him, and they're still impressive even if he doesn't sustain an 84% win rate (which would be exceptional).

He also won every single header in that game while Rowles only challenged for 6 and won 1(!) which emphasises the point that this is definitely something we didn't have last season when Halkett was out.

22 hours ago, DC92 said:

To be clear, I think he's good in the air because I've seen him 6 times now and he has looked good in the air, not because the stats said so. But those stats are the quickest way to get that point across to someone who hasn't seen him, and they're still impressive even if he doesn't sustain an 84% win rate (which would be exceptional).

He also won every single header in that game while Rowles only challenged for 6 and won 1(!) which emphasises the point that this is definitely something we didn't have last season when Halkett was out.

Once Halkett is fit it's hard to see how we lose another goal all season.

18 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Le Bench?

Left back in the dressing room :lol:

Na, but Kingsley & Cochrane starting to move around a lot, because they're pretty malleable, due to being clever players

Surprised Kingsley wasn't tried in LCM before Cochrane though, due to the lag in players being ready just now

Both of them with a decent shot from 20 yards, but Kingsley more established shooting from range

We'll get the mid sorted, so they can do their switching at LWB / LM which is working well, but who knows what's going to happen with those 2 when McKay is fully up to speed, probably just rotate them and keep them both fresh

Naismith trying a couple of options to see if we can shuffle players around a bit, as well as 5 subs, quite different from Neilson playing guys out of position game after game

I see that tweeters keep talking about Shankland to Southampton now. Can't see it myself. Much as I like the guy and think he's class, I really don't think he has the pace for down south. Particularly as the guy he'd be replacing (Che) is pretty rapid. Not happening IMO 

So general thoughts from last night's game

Central Mid is a transfer market failure

Rowles can have no argument if dropped for Sibbick

We really missed Boyce last season, and McKay/Kingsley being terribly out of from

Almost all aspects of Atkinson's game have improved except his positioning is becoming (IMO) a bit issue when the opposition is transitioning to attack

Vargas looks like a potentially amazing player

Lowry does not

Our attack could be quite formidable in the SPFL

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

One big positive from last night is Vargas looks like he's going to be really exciting.  Genuine pace and a desire to take his man on.

Reminded me of Suso you boys had and he was pretty decent.  Tore us a new one numerously. 

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

So general thoughts from last night's game

Central Mid is a transfer market failure

Rowles can have no argument if dropped for Sibbick

We really missed Boyce last season, and McKay/Kingsley being terribly out of from

Almost all aspects of Atkinson's game have improved except his positioning is becoming (IMO) a bit issue when the opposition is transitioning to attack

Vargas looks like a potentially amazing player

Lowry does not

Our attack could be quite formidable in the SPFL

I'd hold judgement on CM for a bit until Niewenhof has settled in and we see if Beni can get up to speed.  Haring and those 2 being out at the same time was unfortunate and we were definitely short in there last night.

Rowles has actually been gone this season, but he did have a few howlers last night.  If hecan be upgraded, fine.

Lowry looks a million miles better when not played as a winger.  He is a shitebag in the tackle though, so that's going to be an issue in physical games

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Reminded me of Suso you boys had and he was pretty decent.  Tore us a new one numerously. 

I remember a derby at Easter Road, we were 1 goal up into added time after Hearts had been under quite a bit of pressure, Suso picked up the ball went on a run, I think everyone in the away end was screaming for him just to take it into a corner, nope proceeds to turn the Hibs defence inside out and score.

What a guy.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

I remember a derby at Easter Road, we were 1 goal up into added time after Hearts had been under quite a bit of pressure, Suso picked up the ball went on a run, I think everyone in the away end was screaming for him just to take it into a corner, nope proceeds to turn the Hibs defence inside out and score.

What a guy.

That was Tynecastle.  Beattie scored the first

On 25/08/2023 at 18:03, Empty It said:

What a guy.

Mind that. Superb. After a peach from Beattie.

As to yesterday. Another meh season looms with little real success. We'll boss Hibs as per but otherwise be only a bit less shite than 6 or 7 teams in the league. Will qualify for Europe again but again be woefully ill-prepared for another 'tough' campaign with all those midweek games... boo-hoo.