OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

On 19/05/2024 at 14:01, Gorgie greatness said:

Does the wee team copy everything we do😂😂😂

IMG_7631.jpeg

was there a manager of the year one as well for them?

tricky choice for them between Montgomery, Gray and Johnson. 

Murmerings of Italian clubs 'knowing full well' that Atalanta finishing 5th gives them yet another spot, but 4th would 'take it away'

Italian clubs, political manoeuvring

Well, looks like it's 'mon Dortmund then

Reus, Reus

After giving it lots of hours of thought, prayer, and deep meditation, and having consulted with my family, close friends, trusted colleagues, and my local witch doctor, I have decided I am against this Europa League with no play-off thing.

Firstly, August is a good time for a European trip. Secondly, the Conference League would be miles more fun. The trips will be much better (Europa League looks shockingly dull to the European Trip Connoisseur) and we'd probably do better in the Conference, which would be a lot of fun. Imagine an actual European run? That's an achievable goal in the Conference, not so much in the Europa League without a monumantally lucky draw.

So, f**k Dortmund. I want to go to Backa Topola.

2 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Murmerings of Italian clubs 'knowing full well' that Atalanta finishing 5th gives them yet another spot, but 4th would 'take it away'

Italian clubs, political manoeuvring

Well, looks like it's 'mon Dortmund then

Reus, Reus

Atalanta’s game against Fiorentina is now scheduled for the 2nd of June a week after everyone else in Serie A finishes 

You don’t even have to rely on offensive national stereotypes to see that as liable to cause issues 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

After giving it lots of hours of thought, prayer, and deep meditation, and having consulted with my family, close friends, trusted colleagues, and my local witch doctor, I have decided I am against this Europa League with no play-off thing.

Firstly, August is a good time for a European trip. Secondly, the Conference League would be miles more fun. The trips will be much better (Europa League looks shockingly dull to the European Trip Connoisseur) and we'd probably do better in the Conference, which would be a lot of fun. Imagine an actual European run? That's an achievable goal in the Conference, not so much in the Europa League without a monumantally lucky draw.

My thoughts exactly.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think it’s like finishing your meal and trying to decide which sweet you want. Can you go a chocolate fudge cake or you prefer the ice cream. 

I want to see us play the best teams. I want the group of death. The bigger the team the better. Give me the chocolate fudge cake please.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think it’s like finishing your meal and trying to decide which sweet you want. Can you go a chocolate fudge cake or you prefer the ice cream. 

I want to see us play the best teams. I want the group of death. The bigger the team the better. Give me the chocolate fudge cake please.

Chocolate fudge cake makes you sick if you keep eating it. Getting pumped every Thursday night for months would have the same effect, imo.

Give me the organic smoothie.

Posted (edited)

Hearts not wanting to get in the Europa League would be like Dundee not wanting to get into the top six

Obviously we'd have more chance of winning a few games but we should be wanting to compete at the highest level we can

And Aberdeen were in the conference league group stages last season which means they've been devalued somewhat

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts not wanting to get in the Europa League would be like Dundee not wanting to get into the top six

Obviously we'd have more chance of winning a few games but we should be wanting to compete at the highest level we can

And Aberdeen were in the conference league group stages last season which means they've been devalued somewhat

I think these two things go together, to be honest.

Making progress in Europe is likely to be an incremental thing. Playing group stage football two years out of three is likely to be beneficial regardless of which it is, but I think we'd be well-served by building through a competition we can be competitive in now. Use that to develop a team, gain experience, make some money, and perhaps even build a decent rep with which we can go to potential signings and say "Come and play here, we do ok in Europe and we'll get you a good move".

If we're in the Europa League, we'll get on with it and it'll be fun in its own way. But I think we're more likely to take morale-sapping tankings in that comp, and I don't think there'd be all that much long-term benefit to that.

Europa League is where we should be aiming to be medium-term, but I don't think we'd be badly-served by a relatively kind Conference League draw. I think we'd need to be really unlucky with the Conference draw to be unlikely to make progress. Bursting through the ceiling of getting out of a group stage, which no non-OF team has ever done, would be a significant step, and a distinct possibility in the Conference League next year.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 20/05/2024 at 06:14, RandomGuy. said:

It was a joke lads.

Fucking hell.

Typical Perth-residing, wildlife slaughtering, welly adorned posh-boy Tory c**t.

On 20/05/2024 at 11:49, the jambo-rocker said:

This is going to be a long ass fucking off-season eh?...

Off Season?

On 20/05/2024 at 13:09, VincentGuerin said:

You, my friend, need cricket.

Close season is best ignored. Whatever will happen will happen.

Fucking cricket?

You Hearts boys are definite no righters.

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

8 chances to win in EL, we could get games 7 & 8 where opposition has already Qualified and put a reserve side oot, like frankfurt did tbqh

Soundly beaten by the Dons reserves.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

50 years from now sitting back and saying remember that time we beat Roma at Tynecastle, what a night. 

50 years from now sitting back and saying remember that time we beat that team from somewhere , what where they called again?

I’ll need to be a hunner & 3 😜