OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

29 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It's a pumping but we need to get ourselves ready for Europe. 

East Kilbride next Saturday?

This Saturday. 

And thanks for answering my question.

Edited by kingjoey

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Oooft.

£30 to see pretty much Spurs reserves 

The team that started wasn't really reserves was it? Maybe not their strongest lineup, but that wasn't expected

They just signed Gray for £30m. Porro, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Son, Maddison and Johnson are all established players.

Btw, £30 is far too much, but it was a strongish lineup.

2nd half that obviously changed but it still contained a Brazilian international, German imternational, a Swedish international they just spent £10m on and guys that were playing in La Liga and Serie A last season.

Edited by Tony Wonder

First half was alright for a friendly, pretty competitive and we had a good shape about us. Created some big chances and Taylor looks excellent.

2nd was disappointing but it was ruined as a game with so many subs.  Yet again we end with Denholm and Dall at full back. You'd be lucky to get away with that against Raith Rovers so mental we are doing it here.

Still as much as it ends up a pumping, for a large part I was pretty encouraged and we still have Vargas, Penrice, Beni, Boyce and Kingsley to come back in.

Over 15, 000 at the game so despite the moans about the pricing it attracted plenty tourists. A Spurs fan sat next to me said it was 40% their first team and for me about 60% ours at the start. Tagawa had three chances first half of which at least two (from Taylor) he shouldn't miss. Shankland showed how to do it (from Dhanda's pass) but we ended up with a back 4 that'd lose 4 or 5 playing against a Championship side, never mind Spurs (who missed a few to run up a big score).

Taylor was by far the best player on the park so he's something to look forward to.  Oyegoke looks a good find at CB and Dhanda didn't look out of place up against Madison. A naughty challenge from Devlin on Maddison but luckily no damage done.  Angeball is still fun to watch.

6 hours ago, Alberto Spencer said:

Over 15, 000 at the game so despite the moans about the pricing it attracted plenty tourists. A Spurs fan sat next to me said it was 40% their first team and for me about 60% ours at the start. Tagawa had three chances first half of which at least two (from Taylor) he shouldn't miss. Shankland showed how to do it (from Dhanda's pass) but we ended up with a back 4 that'd lose 4 or 5 playing against a Championship side, never mind Spurs (who missed a few to run up a big score).

Taylor was by far the best player on the park so he's something to look forward to.  Oyegoke looks a good find at CB and Dhanda didn't look out of place up against Madison. A naughty challenge from Devlin on Maddison but luckily no damage done.  Angeball is still fun to watch.

Tagawa has to score, but I was encouraged by how pacey our attack looked with him up top and the positive is he was getting in great positions. Enough there between the end of the season and now to suggest he's coming onto something IMO. Also, if you're going to miss howlers better to do so in a friendly.

Shanks is just ridiculous at this point. Not trained for 2 weeks and still scores with his first involvement. 

Went along to this as a neutral. Thought it would be a bit of a closer game considering Spurs had about 10 of their better players missing because of Copa America and the Euros .

Second half was actually an embarrassment after Spurs basically put on their youth team at half time. Their 2 boys who controlled the game were 18 and 16 years old!

23 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Went along to this as a neutral. Thought it would be a bit of a closer game considering Spurs had about 10 of their better players missing because of Copa America and the Euros .

Second half was actually an embarrassment after Spurs basically put on their youth team at half time. Their 2 boys who controlled the game were 18 and 16 years old!

Naismith oot, Budge oot, Shankland oot, Gerald Taylor oot!!

44 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

And what about the 17 and 18 year olds we had playing? It's hardly like it was even close to our strongest team. We were missing about 6 players and had swapped the whole team in the 2nd half which is when it ran away from us. It's no really a big surprise that Spurs have a deeper squad than us. Their 2nd half lineup had a decent amount of experience in it even if it was young.

I never exactly enjoyed it, but I also wasn't close to being embarrassed.

Edited by Tony Wonder

2 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

The back 4 and midfield 2 we had on for the last 25/30 minutes would probably struggle against lower league opposition. They had Timo Werner up against a 20 year old midfielder filling in at right-back for most of the second half.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

5-1 will now forever mean getting pumped at home by some trialist.

No it won't. 😂

7 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

There looked to be a heavy seagull presence in the ground.

Dirty b*****ds.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What was Fraser like last season? 

He never really had a run of games but was pretty anonymous when he did play.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What was Fraser like last season? 

As said above he contributed very little.  Think he definitely had ability but looked the kind of player you had to carry so you could benefit from the odd moment.

Tbf I believe he was carrying a bit of a knock for a period but I was glad we never tried to make it permanent.