OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

15 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Any truth in Hearts looking for a tie up with Brighton?

Sounds unlikely with your ownership structure, but apparently Scott Burns has been talking about it.

There's been a bit of chat, but nothing from any proper ITK sources that I've heard about.

Deeply concerning.

If it's a link up for loans etc, then I'd not be mad keen as why limit ourselves to loans from primarily one club? And what would they gain from it?

If it's a full on Hibs-style they invest and have a say in the running of our club, then I'm out. Get that to absolute f**k.

It genuinely concerns me. And what's worrying is that with the rumour coinciding with a downturn in form, some of our fans may knee-jerk their way towards being accepting of this. We've put in a lot of graft to get to where we are as a fan-owned club, and it would be absolutely sickening to end up a stooge for another club.

I'd honestly be finished. We don't need to do it, and we shouldn't do it.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Just now, Leith Green said:

Do they ?

Not going round in circles again on this, but if they've invested in your club it's for a reason.

I am not remotely naive enough to think that investment from another club would come without any unnacceptable strings. We all decide what we feel is unacceptable.

But I have no interest in supporting a Brighton & Hove Albion vassal.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not going round in circles again on this, but if they've invested in your club it's for a reason.

I am not remotely naive enough to think that investment from another club would come without any unnacceptable strings. We all decide what we feel is unacceptable.

But I have no interest in supporting a Brighton & Hove Albion vassal.

I know your opinion, but within 6 months of the BK buying shares in Hibs we have a few decisions that have not met with their approval;

They didnt want Gray - Hibs appointed him

They didnt want Malky - Hibs appointed him

Its no surprise therefore that Hibs have not "benefited" this window from youth loans being thrown at us from Bournemouth.

Hence, it is demonstrable that these strings you describe dont appear to exist. Whether this is a good thing or not is debatable..........

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I know your opinion, but within 6 months of the BK buying shares in Hibs we have a few decisions that have not met with their approval;

They didnt want Gray - Hibs appointed him

They didnt want Malky - Hibs appointed him

Its no surprise therefore that Hibs have not "benefited" this window from youth loans being thrown at us from Bournemouth.

Hence, it is demonstrable that these strings you describe dont appear to exist. Whether this is a good thing or not is debatable..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0krjljjwego

I think the path here is fairly obvious.

There's a huge element of early-day Vladsheep to the Hibs support's response to this development.

Swipe Up Black Man GIF by Black Prez

Hibs may have the formal decision making power but it isn’t sustainable to continually go against the people with the money and you’d be naive to think otherwise.

Put simply, either they feel they are getting the influence they want or the money disappears. 

Sky sports have no formal decision making power in Scottish football, and yet our entire top flight competition is dictated by what they want. 

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

😂

You've played in Europe twice.

And we've lost 3 league games, 2 of which were after Europe, and a League Cup tie where we rested a load of players ahead of a European game. Last season our results and performances after European games were noticeably worse than average, even in August.

The European ties themselves are far less of an issue than the way they've affected Naismith's decision making and the amount of needless f**king about with the line-up and placing of square pegs in round holes every week.

9 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Funny how the most loud mouth fantasist jambos on here are very quiet just now. Even THEY can see the truth now clearly.

Fitba forums are obviously well known for giving us some of the most fabulous examples of irony, but an Aberdeen fan calling Hearts fans fantasists, has to be up there with some of the best. 👍

In the words of our new found Dundee pals......Thank you! 😃

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

18 minutes ago, DC92 said:

And we've lost 3 league games, 2 of which were after Europe, and a League Cup tie where we rested a load of players ahead of a European game. Last season our results and performances after European games were noticeably worse than average, even in August.

The European ties themselves are far less of an issue than the way they've affected Naismith's decision making and the amount of needless f**king about with the line-up and placing of square pegs in round holes every week.

Last season we got 1 point from Killie h, Dundee a, and Motherwell h following European games (and failed to score in any of the games), so it's clearly an issue with Naismith. We also recovered to skoosh third, so there is cause to hold the bus slightly on the panic, but then the European games aren't going away this year.

The only difference between last season's start and this season's is that we played Rangers this year (1 point) instead of St Johnstone (we had 4 points). Swap those fixtures around and you've probably got a similar outcome either way.

On the face of it the squad is deep enough for us to rotate as required, but I don't think you do that until you've built some momentum. Then there's the obvious issue that he has no idea how he wants the team to play.

The only mitigation at this point is that Beni and Hoff being missing at the same time causes an obvious issue with the midfield. But these things happen and he's not come close to showing he even has an idea of how to deal with it.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0krjljjwego

I think the path here is fairly obvious.

There's a huge element of early-day Vladsheep to the Hibs support's response to this development.

Not sure about that chief, we were not dancing and singing Foleys name behind the main stand like some..........

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Hibs may have the formal decision making power but it isn’t sustainable to continually go against the people with the money and you’d be naive to think otherwise.

Put simply, either they feel they are getting the influence they want or the money disappears. 

Sky sports have no formal decision making power in Scottish football, and yet our entire top flight competition is dictated by what they want. 

Well, duh.........outside of the initial £6m there has been zero influence or cash from them. Why? Because the Gordons who actually have a majority stake in Hibs want control (and actually have control).

Foley is a minor shareholder and the - rather obvious, I thought - point I am making is that imo the relationship is not working - and certainly not in the way we were assured by some on P&B "Hibs will become a feeeder club for Bournemouths kids" etc etc.

As I mention above - whether what looks like a breakdown in the relationship is a good or bad thing is up for debate. I would leave the fitba side to Foley and his lot and leave our owner and CEO to deal with the stadium / hospitality etc, which they are good at.

Anyway, none of this is for the Hearts thread.

Not sure about that chief, we were not dancing and singing Foleys name behind the main stand like some..........

Well, duh.........outside of the initial £6m there has been zero influence or cash from them. Why? Because the Gordons who actually have a majority stake in Hibs want control (and actually have control).

Foley is a minor shareholder and the - rather obvious, I thought - point I am making is that imo the relationship is not working - and certainly not in the way we were assured by some on P&B "Hibs will become a feeeder club for Bournemouths kids" etc etc.

As I mention above - whether what looks like a breakdown in the relationship is a good or bad thing is up for debate. I would leave the fitba side to Foley and his lot and leave our owner and CEO to deal with the stadium / hospitality etc, which they are good at.

Anyway, none of this is for the Hearts thread.

I think we’re talking at different things here, but what you’ve described sounds like a terrible situation for hibs. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fitba forums are obviously well known for giving us some of the most fabulous examples of irony, but an Aberdeen fan calling Hearts fans fantasists, has to be up there with some of the best. 👍

In the words of our new found Dundee pals......Thank you! 😃

Your post makes no sense. 

St Mirren fans really are still angry at getting mauled by Aberdeen a few weeks ago. Get over it. 😄

8 hours ago, Darren said:

The truth being we finished miles clear in third last season and now we're crap?

Nope.

Perhaps for a start believing that finishing miles clear in third last season was due to some Naismith brilliance as a manager or a fantastic squad.

A few of the more fantasist leaning Hearts fans on here were (or still are convinced) Hearts have a far superior squad to anyone in the league outside the old farm 😄 (check Kickback for a majority backing this view) / that Shankland was/is a better player than Miovski 😄 / that Hearts finishing above Aberdeen 2 years in 14 means Hearts being third is somehow the norm and expected 😄

All supports have their fantasist element but living in Edinburgh Hearts outnumber Hibs on this matter by a long way. Ideas above their station. Hibs fans (like most Aberdeen fans) are rooted in reality. Hearts could learn from Hibs.

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nope.

Perhaps for a start believing that finishing miles clear in third last season was due to some Naismith brilliance as a manager or a fantastic squad.

A few of the more fantasist leaning Hearts fans on here were (or still are convinced) Hearts have a far superior squad to anyone in the league outside the old farm 😄 (check Kickback for a majority backing this view) / that Shankland was/is a better player than Miovski 😄 / that Hearts finishing above Aberdeen 2 years in 14 means Hearts being third is somehow the norm and expected 😄

All supports have their fantasist element but living in Edinburgh Hearts outnumber Hibs on this matter by a long way. Ideas above their station. Hibs fans (like most Aberdeen fans) are rooted in reality. Hearts could learn from Hibs.ĺ

That last paragraph certainly marks you out as someone whose views I'll take seriously on Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

All supports have their fantasist element but living in Edinburgh Hearts outnumber Hibs on this matter by a long way. Ideas above their station. Hibs fans (like most Aberdeen fans) are rooted in reality. Hearts could learn from Hibs.

I've lived in Leith and Aberdeen so I know you're talking shite.

Is that how this works?

Edited by Darren

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

That last paragraph certainly marks you out as someone whose views I'll take seriously on Hearts. 

We've got to take our medicine like everyone else when things are bad, but for the general readability of this thread, I think ignoring blockhead is a wise policy. He's either 15, at the wind-up, or in serious need of a cuddle.

He'll get tired shouting into a void and the adults can carry on.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We've got to take our medicine like everyone else when things are bad, but for the general readability of this thread, I think ignoring blockhead is a wise policy.

He'll get tired shouting into a void and the adults can carry on.

So far this season we've been called delusional for thinking we're good and delusional for thinking we're shite and should be better.   

I said before the Rangers game we looked undercooked and unfortunately that's looking very much the case.   Having built up partnerships on the pitch, haven't got a clue what the 'best' xi is,  haven't settled on a style or formation. 

Naismith got all those things right eventually last season, without us ever being scintillating, and I suspect he would given time this season.   However he's put himself into a self inflicted predicament when we have had most of the squad since day 1 of preseason and look to have gone backwards.

A settled backline and getting Beni and Hoff back on the pitch will help but it might be too late for him already.