OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

At face value, it's access to their data analytic teams, I'd like to think it's not being dictated who we sign rather than access to far more information to make decisions with.

Maybe not though, we'll see. There's not much actual information to go off just now other than a small article without much detail.

Fair points. 

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Any Scottish club linking up with an English club need to be mindful of FFP and Work Permit regulations. It's not comparable to a link up with a club abroad, as it has obvious uses and abuses that you don't get with an EU-not-UK club.

The reasons to be sceptical are so numerous, and a lot of them line up with the questions Hibs fans refused to ask when it was their turn.

I honestly think most of our fans will be up for it though. It'll be the usual "get to the next level" stuff, and it'll end in tears and recrimination.

That is a fair point, but it still appears that his USG involvement doesn't disadvantage them or directly benefit Brighton in any meaningful way. That suggests his motivation for getting involved with other clubs, whatever it is, is not necessarily connected to furthering Brighton's interests.

What that motivation is needs to be ascertained. Is it another feather in the cap of his data consultancy? Does he just fancy another project? I don't know but there are possibilities outside of boosting Brighton and the USG experience lends some credence to those possibilities imo.

There will be plenty of Hearts fans willing to jump into this without a second thought, but 90% is a very high bar.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

That is a fair point, but it still appears that his USG involvement doesn't disadvantage them or directly benefit Brighton in any meaningful way. That suggests his motivation for getting involved with other clubs, whatever it is, is not necessarily connected to furthering Brighton's interests.

What that motivation is needs to be ascertained. Is it another feather in the cap of his data consultancy? Does he just fancy another project? I don't know but there are possibilities outside of boosting Brighton and the USG experience lends some credence to those possibilities imo.

There will be plenty of Hearts fans willing to jump into this without a second thought, but 90% is a very high bar.

90% might be what saves the day here.

Whether it would benefit us or not is genuinely neither here nor there to me.

I just don't want it. I'd rather be shite by ourselves than become a chain franchise club.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm aware I'm out of step with the majority here.

We saw it with the Hibs fans, and I expect our support to be broadly similar.

If we get offered a good chunk of cash and access to better players (leave the veracity of this for another day), most fans will want to go for it. This would be the same at any club.

I am just fundamentally opposed to it. We should not have any other club with an influence at our club, and I just don't see any way an adult can look at this and say that's not where this leads.

Already seen some of my mates on the text saying things like "It's ok if it's a minority share" etc. I don't think it is ok. I don't think 1% is ok.

I don't want to be any part of a multi club model either. 

If we were guaranteed our own independence and autonomy in terms of how the club operate then I'll be interested. 

That will be a difficult thing to prove, but I think Budge and the FOH will know a lot of the fans would not embrace that model so why even bother trying to sell it? As I say, the devil will be in the detail. I'm sure more will emerge soon enough.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

I don't want to be any part of a multi club model either. 

If we were guaranteed our own independence and autonomy in terms of how the club operate then I'll be interested. 

That will be a difficult thing to prove, but I think Budge and the FOH will know a lot of the fans would not embrace that model so why even bother trying to sell it? As I say, the devil will be in the detail. I'm sure more will emerge soon enough.

Really not sure about this part. Hope you're right though.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think it's about hoodwinking us. I think it's probably caution on both sides.

If I believed that what was really on offer here was access to Bloom's company's product and that's that, then that would be fine.

But the lad is talking about a £10m investment. We're back to Hibs last winter. What's that money for? A club in Scotland has no real way of being worth that level of investment without giving something we don't want to give.

I see no feasible end goal here other than a chain agreement. Otherwise, what's the point?

All the points I made about Hibs back in January (and stand by) then apply to us.

How much is Starlizard worth now?

If we are a success like USG?

14 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

How much is Starlizard worth now?

If we are a success like USG?

1) Don't know.

2) Don't care.

And, as mentioned above, we are a very different situation to USG from a Brighton point of view. Post-Brexit, it was always likely English clubs would sniff around Scottish clubs. USG don't have that worry.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

1) Don't know.

2) Don't care.

And, as mentioned above, we are a very different situation to USG from a Brighton point of view. Post-Brexit, it was always likely English clubs would sniff around Scottish clubs. USG don't have that worry.

I think it is all about Starlizard. He will walk away from BHA, us and USG to go to Real Madrid.

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

None of this explains why we're useful to him.

There's far more reason to be suspicious of this than to be optimistic about it.

It does explain it a bit if proving the model of StarLizard working is his goal. 

I'm not actually saying it is as it's pure speculation,  but if he can make it a success at our level, lower fees, targeting a different market etc, then it will have been proven as being successful at multiple different tiers and helps prove the programme is a valuable tool. 3 test cases, 3 successes, not a bad ratio if you're looking to sell it/license it to other clubs for money.

Would also explain why Scotland would be a good market as the work permit situation allows you to gather players from more remote places to try them which USG & Brighton don't have going for them.

If proving the effectiveness of StarLizard is his goal it doesn't necessarily equal us being Brightons plaything. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

90% might be what saves the day here.

Whether it would benefit us or not is genuinely neither here nor there to me.

I just don't want it. I'd rather be shite by ourselves than become a chain franchise club.

And that is a completely reasonable position to take.

My principles are far weaker. I completely oppose becoming a feeder club, but the USG model does not constitute that as far as I can tell. If this is a similar arrangement, limited to sharing scouting data, then I'm open-minded, but we need to find out more.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

On a completely different note, the pricing for the Conference League was out today. £17 per game, that's really good from the club IMO. Not trying to cash in, hopefully sees 3 sellouts.

Aye, absolutely brilliant. Delighted to see it's not a package and that it's reasonably priced. People should have the flexibility.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

On a completely different note, the pricing for the Conference League was out today. £17 per game, that's really good from the club IMO. Not trying to cash in, hopefully sees 3 sellouts.

I don't see this as an act of great benevolence. Away tickets are restricted to €20 so I assume they have to offer the same across the Roseburn and Gorgie stands.

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't see this as an act of great benevolence. Away tickets are restricted to €20 so I assume they have to offer the same across the Roseburn and Gorgie stands.

I don;t believe it's capped for home fans. Rangers and Celtic average out at about £40+ a game