OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agree that defensively it's likely to end up ok.

Baningime being back made a difference to our shape and control of the game yesterday, and those who were at Celtic tell me that was the case to an extent there as well. And with Kent to come back and some decent other players there, I'm not worried about the defence. The errors we're making are too out-there to be a worry, if you see what I mean.

Not signing a striker was madness, and I think all of us on here agreed on that even before Tagawa was sold.

I feel for Shankland at the moment. It's a frustrating shift for him. But overall, I don't think we're as bad a team as results show just now. There's mitigation in several ways, but I think the point of no-return has been passed for Naismith. Season is still salvagable.

There are too many changes to the defence every week. Once that settles down it should be fine.

On not signing a striker, Naismith's claim was that he didn't want to block Wilson's path into the team. That is pretty laughable given that 1) he has happily filled up on central midfielders at Tait's expense and 2) he freely admitted in the same interview that Wilson didn't show anything in pre-season but can't be judged because of his age and 3) Wilson isn't getting a game.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

There are too many changes to the defence every week. Once that settles down it should be fine.

On not signing a striker, Naismith's claim was that he didn't want to block Wilson's path into the team. That is pretty laughable given that 1) he has happily filled up on central midfielders at Tait's expense and 2) he freely admitted in the same interview that Wilson didn't show anything in pre-season but can't be judged because of his age and 3) Wilson isn't getting a game.

Aye, the Wilson argument could possibly have made sense a year from now, more likely two. But for a stance this summer it is complete nonsense.

It would be nonsense if we weren't in Europe, but adding that in makes that impossible to take seriously as an excuse from Naismith.

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

We've played 6 league games and had about 25 different defences on the park during them.  

I would be dropping Kingsley at the moment.   He's not playing well and getting shoehorned in like a very bad Swiss army knife.   Kent/Halkett and Rowles is fine as a back pair,  Taylor needs a run in a settled side and Penrice has earned a place for now though would like to see more of Salazar tbh.

Beni and Boateng should not be used together expect where we're clearly going to have to do a lot of defensive work.   Boateng has been good individually but Beni is better so we need a more creative player in beside him.   Grant did that very well day one against Rangers and is fine till we get Nieuwenhof back. 

We need more creativity wide.  For all McKay's faults he's the most likely to give us something from that left side.   Spittal or Dhanda as a ten and Vargas wide right.   

Not perfect as Shankland doesn't stretch the game but it's going to be good enough to stabilise the team.  

Come January we need better forward options. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agree that defensively it's likely to end up ok.

Baningime being back made a difference to our shape and control of the game yesterday, and those who were at Celtic tell me that was the case to an extent there as well. And with Kent to come back and some decent other players there, I'm not worried about the defence. The errors we're making are too out-there to be a worry, if you see what I mean.

Not signing a striker was madness, and I think all of us on here agreed on that even before Tagawa was sold.

I feel for Shankland at the moment. It's a frustrating shift for him. But overall, I don't think we're as bad a team as results show just now. There's mitigation in several ways, but I think the point of no-return has been passed for Naismith. Season is still salvagable.

Bookmarked.

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Given there were no signs of improvement it was inevitable.

Did a good job last season and I do think he can come back from this but he couldn't survive that. 

Recruitment process needs to be solid

We've been 3rd, 4th, 3rd in the last few years without ever having a good coach.

I'd like to see us revolutionise our approach and see what happens if we employ a good one.

I take no pleasure in it, but it had to happen.

He did a good job last season. The football was boring but you can only piss with the cock you've got and our squad was more suited to grinding out wins than it is to blowing teams away. He also showed he was capable of changing games in our favour with subs which Neilson never seemed to do.

We've gone backwards since then due to a combination of not addressing the areas we needed to improve, a poor pre-season and his digging a hole for himself with constant changes from week to week.

If the Bloom thing is happening then hopefully it's something we can tap into now. We have been totally clueless at appointing managers in the Budge era.