Sportscene watch

On 15/04/2024 at 12:22, RawB93 said:

Nobody boos when they're pissed off. It should be a cacophony of angry/bemused shouts, which would have been just. Even booing at half time if you went in 2 down would be understandable but it was a game in which you were 2 up at half time and at full time. To have booed at any point is just entitled, knicker-wetting nonsense. Can Hearts even finish anywhere other than 3rd? :lol: 

That's some weird, convoluted take - 'bemused shouts'?.

The (brief) booing was at 2 down. Nothing to do with any other part of the game -  though you seem to think the fans who were booing should have known at that point the half time score and full time scores.

Edited by lennyzer0

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hearts fans will happily boo a bad corner, never mind a 2 goal deficit to Livvy

Claiming Hearts fans do anything happily is a bit of a stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice balanced discussion on the Aberdeen v Motherwell after the highlights, which didn’t show a potential penalty to Aberdeen in the first half. Lee Miller and Neil McCann showing their total ignorance on how football works now, and how it couldn’t have been a red card because Vale won the ball. The fact that his studs go into Jack McKenzie’s stomach, or lower, was just dismissed. Then a detailed lowdown on Jack Vale and Lennon Miller, and on how Aberdeen’s goal probably wouldn’t have happened if Vale hadn’t been sent off. Discussion on Aberdeen, who won the match and moved a wee bit further away from 11th place, …zero.

On 27/04/2024 at 20:41, kingjoey said:

Nice balanced discussion on the Aberdeen v Motherwell after the highlights, which didn’t show a potential penalty to Aberdeen in the first half. Lee Miller and Neil McCann showing their total ignorance on how football works now, and how it couldn’t have been a red card because Vale won the ball. The fact that his studs go into Jack McKenzie’s stomach, or lower, was just dismissed. Then a detailed lowdown on Jack Vale and Lennon Miller, and on how Aberdeen’s goal probably wouldn’t have happened if Vale hadn’t been sent off. Discussion on Aberdeen, who won the match and moved a wee bit further away from 11th place, …zero.

The two most important games of the day got ten minutes between them, while the Celtic game got half an hour.  I know it was always such, but still a bit disappointing. 

Since his appearance on Red TV for our last away game at Aberdeen, the commentator has learned Zdravkovski's name and even pronounced it properly. Maybe puts some actual work in when he knows he's gonna be listened to by more than the sheep, since at that game he called him Davor Lastname or something similar.

He 100% called him David tonight though.

Stephen Thompson introduced our game with "a win for Derek McInnes' side would all but guarantee 4th". Given that it puts us 9 points clear with 2 games to go, I'm wondering what turn of events he foresees that might not have us 4th.

Strange that Sokler’s disallowed goal to make it 1-3 in Dingwall wasn’t shown.

it took VAR about three minutes to decide he was offside, but not even worthy of appearing on the highlights?

On 12/05/2024 at 00:28, derektaylor84 said:

Why do they wheel out Peter Grant when there is a Celtic v Rangers match. Awful pundit, basically tells you what you have just seen. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

A lot of people think he's a crap pundit. I like when he does stuff around the Scotland team. Sometimes I'll listen back to a pre-match podcast a few days after the game has finished and to be fair to him he gets a lot right. He has a good insight into our National team as a lot of the players are still there from when he was the assistant to McLeish.

3 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Don't think I'd be too happy if I was a Ross County fan and saw the players coming out carrying their kids as if it was a meaningless end of season match. 

I thought it was unusual. They needed to be focused and completely in the zone. 

Having said that, they got off to a perfect start. 

They were unlucky today with the penalty miss at Motherwell and their own missed chances.

They have missed 2 good opportunities to seal their place. They still have a third though!

9 hours ago, tarapoa said:

it took VAR about three minutes to decide he was offside, but not even worthy of appearing on the highlights?

It felt like more than 3 minutes to me but that was probably just the tension of the situation. Anyway it must have been close and the VAR people obviously knew it was crucial for deciding the playoff position so they took a long time to make a decision. Strange that Sportscene thought it wasn't worth mentioning, especially since I assume the St Johnstone fans knew the VAR check was on.

I think until that long delay Aberdeen had been well on top and looking to score several goals again. We went off the boil afterwards while County seemed to become more focused - they pushed us back and that led straight to the penalty/sending off.

I was disappointed they didn't show the whole of the flowing move that led to the corner that led to Aberdeen's first goal agianst County. However it was even worse for the highlights of the LIvi game - the continuity was rubbish and they went straight from the Livi goal to the free kick for Aberdeen's first goal without showing what led to the free kick, same with one of the later goals.

9 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Particularly strange as they showed a similar "goal" in the Livi/Hibs match. 

9 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Don't think I'd be too happy if I was a Ross County fan and saw the players coming out carrying their kids as if it was a meaningless end of season match. 

They thought it was. Nobody thought for a second that St Johnstone were going to beat those shitebags Motherwell. 

25 minutes ago, rollstar said:

It felt like more than 3 minutes to me but that was probably just the tension of the situation. 

The official timings are that MacDonald was sent off in the 64th minute and the penalty scored in the 67th minute.