Sportscene watch

Is there a contractual reason that they can't do that style of highlights for other games (ie, longer highlights for a couple of games on the Saturday show)? Hearts-Celtic was like the highlights from Sportscene of old where they didn't just show you the goals.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who TF was on co-comms tonight? (And since when was a co-commentator a thing on Sportscene?)

The Director should have been bellowing in his ear every other minute "remember this is the BBC not Celtic TV".

9 hours ago, Swami said:

Mark Wilson. Fucking hell, I’m just watching it on catch up just now. Terrible stuff. 

You’d have though that Celtic’s penalty was a stonewaller as well the way he was talking about it. 

That was terrible. It made Pat Bonnar look objective. I hope he never gets used again 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of things from the discussion after the Motherwell/Aberdeen game. Neil McCann continues a long line of “expert” pundits who know little of how the VAR system works. McCann said that Willie Collum decided that he didn’t need to go to the monitor to have another look at the Shinnie “penalty” claim. Not how it works Neil. And much as I don’t like Macnamara as a pundit, he did well in stopping himself at the last second in saying that Ross County won today, realising that their match hadn’t been shown yet.

Sticking Shankland yards offside in the eyeline of the keeper at the free kick, is brain dead tactics. Presumably that's on Naismith, which is why he said the goal should have stood. Mental.

On 16/03/2024 at 23:35, kingjoey said:

Sticking Shankland yards offside in the eyeline of the keeper at the free kick, is brain dead tactics. Presumably that's on Naismith, which is why he said the goal should have stood. Mental.

i dunno, there's been loads of goals given this season where someone from the attacking team has been both clearly offside and clearly interfering with play.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't like the new Sunday Sportscene format.

Aye, feature the Sunday game but do the same as MOTD2 and slso have a brief montage of the Saturday games.

Agree.

A quick montage would take all of 3 minutes to show the goals from Saturday. Don't see how that effects anything in the running of a Sunday show. Especially when you have a relative borefest like today.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

I noticed on Saturday that Steven Thompson can't say Ibrox correctly. A weird BBC Sport Scotland affliction.

I think he, along with Kenny McIntyre, says "Dindee" too.

Michael Stewart has always said "Dun Junited" as well for some reason.

On 31/03/2024 at 19:46, Arch Stanton said:

Aye, feature the Sunday game but do the same as MOTD2 and also have a brief montage of the Saturday games.

20 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

A quick montage would take all of 3 minutes to show the goals from Saturday.

I agree but it'd be mainly "here's 10 mins on the other mold firm that didn't play today....OhAndSomeOtherTeamsPlayedTookthnksbye"
But if you're looking for a montage of goals then you know the Monday night show exists?

19 hours ago, Darren said:

I noticed on Saturday that Steven Thompson can't say Ibrox correctly. A weird BBC Sport Scotland affliction.

That word sticks in everyone’s throat.

20 hours ago, Darren said:

How does he pronounce it?