20/21 League Cup Group G

Arch Stanton

Quitongo at his usual histrionics after getting tackled. 

Is it me or does Doyle look a bit chunky? 

The commentator actually saying that QoS are the type of team that Queens Park should aspire to be.  He obviously knows f-all about our last couple of seasons. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The commentator actually saying that QoS are the type of team that Queens Park should aspire to be.  He obviously knows f-all about our last couple of seasons. 

Maybe he means as in being in League 1 next season.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He is maybe drunk .

Just me who thought it was a decent challenge by Buchanan there? He was given a yellow for that and if Doyle receives a yellow later on I'll be pretty annoyed he wasn't booked at the end of the half there. A clear yellow.

QP should have been 2 up when we failed to defend yet another cross but fair play to Leighfield making a good save. Our equaliser was the first thing we did and the second goal came from nowhere. After taking the lead QP have done very little and we look comfortable. Nortey's shite touch to give away a corner is the reality that we can't sit on one goal as we are so prone to making an arse of things at the back. Another goal is required.

We've looked shite for large spells but suppose we are in the unfamiliar position of leading a game so we shouldn't complain too much.

He said club not team.
Just me who thought it was a decent challenge by Buchanan there? He was given a yellow for that and if Doyle receives a yellow later on I'll be pretty annoyed he wasn't booked at the end of the half there. A clear yellow.

QP should have been 2 up when we failed to defend yet another cross but fair play to Leighfield making a good save. Our equaliser was the first thing we did and the second goal came from nowhere. After taking the lead QP have done very little and we look comfortable. Nortey's shite touch to give away a corner is the reality that we can't sit on one goal as we are so prone to making an arse of things at the back. Another goal is required.

We've looked shite for large spells but suppose we are in the unfamiliar position of leading a game so we shouldn't complain too much.
Was buchanan booked?

Enjoying the coverage so far. The two cameras, one wide angle and one close up, work really well. The commentators are fine, although they've do have that most annoying habit of bigging up goals they score then blaming goals conceded on bad defending.

The production is quite up to the same standard though. The replays aren't great and no graphics apart from the scoreboard is a little disappointing.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:
Still can’t get my head around this. 3 signed defenders. How was this allowed to happen? 

The more I watch Buchanan the more I question if he's a footballer never mind a defender.

He has a Championship winners medal :rolleyes:

Buchanan wasn't booked, my mistake.

The commentary has been ok but I did laugh after we went ahead. When they missed the chance to go 2 up one of them commented how he was about to jump on top of the other guy and was clearly excited. When we went ahead he gave it the "well the score doesn't really matter anyway" [emoji38]

48 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I turned the volume down for a while,  they were too interested in talking about other games. 

Me too! It wasn't really a "match commentary" in the normal meaning of the term, i.e. commenting on what's actually happening in the game being played in front of them. It was more a sort of stream of consciousness rambling on anything and everything else.

Thought QP were pretty poor tonight. The number of times we gave the ball away was phenomenal. Grant Gillespie was probably our best player.