COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Honestly, yes I would. Relegation is not the end of the world. As long as decisions are made transparently then you just take it on the chin and move on. Use it to motivate yourselves for the next season. The COVID rules and punishments are neither clear, fair nor transparent

I actually meant would you have been relegated if you had lost that match, you weren’t bottom?

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Honestly, yes I would. Relegation is not the end of the world. As long as decisions are made transparently then you just take it on the chin and move on. Use it to motivate yourselves for the next season. The COVID rules and punishments are neither clear, fair nor transparent

Utter pish.

5 minutes ago, AllyM said:

I agree it would have been harsher on us. However, the thing I am not clear about is why Hamilton and Motherwell should selectively benefit out of this.

As Coventry Saint says, it is not that the matches had to be postponed that is the problem, it is that we didn't adhere to regulations. The two things are separate and any penalties should have reflected that.

The reason that the matches were postponed was because you broke the rules and did not follow the guidelines that were put in place to eliminate matches being postponed. Something that both clubs have admitted to.

From St Mirren and Killies point of view the games against Motherwell and Hamilton were games they would hope to get something from.

How many players actually tested +ve ??
And how many players were struggling from injuries suspensions for these games ?? these players should not be counted as not available due COVID 

They especially St Mirren chanced their arm and IMO played the system and got the games were postponed by saying they did not have enough players to fulfill the fixtures. Penny to a pail of shite if they were due to play Celtic or Rangers they would have conjured up enough players to fulfill the fixture and take the proverbial doing.

But as it was Motherwell and Hamilton they took a chance that the games would be rearranged and it’s come back to bite them big time.

Guest 8GamesToGo
16 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

My dear Jambo pal, let it go ffs! emoji23.png
Last season is done and like it or not, it cannot be changed. Had St Mirren lost against you lot, unlikely as it is in big matches, then we would’ve been relegated. Most of us would have grudgingly accepted it and moved on.
To start a new season, making it up as they go along, depending on which team is involved, smacks of amateurism. As long as clubs with big squads are able to field a team, no action will be taken against them, no matter what they do off the field.

Judging by the response to having to forfeit despite admitting to breaking rules, I doubt that. No team should accept that. Always worth pointing out that Partick Thistle and Stranraer didn't grudgingly accept it and move on either. The difference with Hearts was we had a lot more ST holders and FoH subscribers to stand up for and the financial means to make a stand. If St Mirren, Hamilton or whoever had the finances, supporters and stakeholders we have they would have done the same thing, fully backed by the support. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
16 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

It wasn't relegation though was it. Relegation happens after the pre-agreed number of games, not arbitrarily by a vote. Like most Hearts fans, I was resigned to possible relegation while still believing we'd avoid it. If you don't believe you can make up 4 points from 24 available playing the teams around you at any time in a season you may as well give up watching football.

And the decision-making was the very opposite of transparent!

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Just now, 8GamesToGo said:

It wasn't relegation though was it. Relegation happens after the pre-agreed number of games, not arbitrarily by a vote. Like most Hearts fans, I was resigned to possible relegation while still believing we'd avoid it. If you don't believe you can make up 4 points from 24 available playing the teams around you at any time in a season you may as well give up watching football.

Demoted so that celtic could be declared champions. 

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Hearts sure as shit didn't stay up anyway.

Blubber blubber blubber, never ending tears and snotters. Glorious.IMG-20200509-WA0000.jpeg

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Laying down to your Celtic pals that day. You must be so proud.

He is. It's the centrepiece of his art project.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Oops! Meant to greenie that.

Don't bother. Someone called EdinburghLivi goes to great lengths to downvote every single post I make.

43 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The reason that the matches were postponed was because you broke the rules and did not follow the guidelines that were put in place to eliminate matches being postponed. Something that both clubs have admitted to.

From St Mirren and Killies point of view the games against Motherwell and Hamilton were games they would hope to get something from.

How many players actually tested +ve ??
And how many players were struggling from injuries suspensions for these games ?? these players should not be counted as not available due COVID 

They especially St Mirren chanced their arm and IMO played the system and got the games were postponed by saying they did not have enough players to fulfill the fixtures. Penny to a pail of shite if they were due to play Celtic or Rangers they would have conjured up enough players to fulfill the fixture and take the proverbial doing.

But as it was Motherwell and Hamilton they took a chance that the games would be rearranged and it’s come back to bite them big time.

Killie absolutely did not chance our arm. NHS Ayrshire and Arran told our entire first team squad who had been at training that week to isolate. This came on the morning of the game, when we had been preparing to play.

Guest 8GamesToGo
9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Killie absolutely did not chance our arm. NHS Ayrshire and Arran told our entire first team squad who had been at training that week to isolate. This came on the morning of the game, when we had been preparing to play.

Killie have some brass neck in this:

"“Given we remain in the midst of a global pandemic with restrictions reimposed across the country, we always saw this an opportunity for the football authorities to review their handling of Covid-related issues and update their guidance in light of increased knowledge around the virus and encourage a culture of sharing best practice across football."

In other words, we broke the rules but don't punish us - update the rules and punish the next guy. Sums up Scottish football to a tee.