Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

36 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Kenny McLean 😫

He should literally be about 20th choice in the centre of midfield

I thought that aswell but I think in the last game he won most headers, tackles and highest pass completion in the match. 

Not sure I could name 19 better Scottish central midfielders than McLean, Looking likely he will play

McGinn, McTominay, McGregor, Fleck, Armstrong?, Jack IMO.

Then personally I’d rather have any of the younger guys like Turnbull, Campbell, L Ferguson to gain experience before calling him up IMO

Then I’d also be phoning Scott Brown & James McArthur and begging them to play before McLean IMO

He is garbage IMO

Thanks,
Scotty

32 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Not sure I could name 19 better Scottish central midfielders than McLean, Looking likely he will play

I appreciate this is a mix of attacking players and some who are more comfortable sitting, but for arguments sake I would rather play any of the following in one of the central two positions instead of Kenny McLean

McTominay 

McGinn

McGregor 

Armstrong

Jack

Christie 

Gilmour

Fleck

McCrorie

Ferguson

Campbell

Turnbull

Cairney

Bannan

20 was maybe a stretch but he's definitely not in the top 10

Got a NOW TV week pass for a tenner from CD Keys.

If you're buying a pass online make sure you're not buying a physical card that will be posted to you, and make sure it isn't a mobile only pass (unless that's what you want).

I think McLean being borderline for being in the squad ahead of the likes of Cairney and McDonald is about right - with everyone available he shouldn't make it but being brought in as cover after a couple of midfield call offs isn't really a problem, although I'd have Campbell ahead of him among the players on the fringes at this point.

Starting games just shouldn't be happening though barring a major injury crisis, and tonight doesn't cut it. McTominay, McGregor, Fleck and Jack are all available and we'll have McGinn in a more advanced position as well. Leaving any of those players out to accommodate McLean would be wild, but considering that he's started when we've had everyone fit before it wouldn't be a surprise.

Im not sure of age demographics here but anyone 30 and above will know that usually , the games we are not expecting much from are the ones scotland do well in. I have no doubt we will go for it tonight with siege mentality, although I also concur with those who say that clarke simply cannot play mctominay at the back

8 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Im not sure of age demographics here but anyone 30 and above will know that usually , the games we are not expecting much from are the ones scotland do well in. I have no doubt we will go for it tonight with siege mentality and I also concur with those who say that clarke simply cannot play mctominay at the back

I take it 30 is when memory loss kicks in?

6 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Im not sure of age demographics here but anyone 30 and above will know that usually , the games we are not expecting much from are the ones scotland do well in. I have no doubt we will go for it tonight with siege mentality and I also concur with those who say that clarke simply cannot play mctominay at the back

I’d seriously fancy ourselves with a full Hampden, but we were abysmal last month in an empty Hampden. They played like it was a home game.

We stood off and they pressed us high. Can’t believe we let middling nations dictate to us at home. Fair enough Spain doing it, but Israel?

If we turn up then we’ll almost definitely win. Our biggest risk tonight is ourselves, our mentality, and our discipline.

If we do the slow, ponderous, “let’s keep it tight” crap, in our most important game in 18 years, then yeah, it’s over.

Everyone needs to be committed to their role and leave everything on the park tonight . Do that and we should go through. Israel have never been to a tournament in their history and will be playing well above their level tonight . We need to at least match them on that front imo

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Kenny McLean doesn't even start games for Norwich 

Started 3/4 games in the Championship this year, and played 37/38 games in the Premier League last year with the vast majority of those being starts.