Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

We're losing this.

Excuses are already in and there's an air of defeatism.

Would be very pleased if I was wrong but it feels like yet more failure. A shitebaggery awaits.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

No idea why Nisbet wasn’t called up in all honesty if we’re talking about goalscorers.

Has scored more goals than most of our strikers in the squad have this season if I’m correct. 

It's far from only us who have problems, Israel themselves have been decimated by injuries and our last game against the Czechs was a gimme due to their entire first team squad being eliminated due to covid, so really we've little to complain about.
I'd also add that given that the Czech republic have currently the highest covid rates in Europe, that both they and Slovakia could be facing similar covid issues by the time we actually come to play them.
Think the Czechs and Slovaks are having similar issues. Three Plzen players left the Czech squad after one of them was positive. Bunch of injuries for both teams too.
The third game against the Czechs will be a joke the way things are going.

2 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Think the Czechs and Slovaks are having similar issues. Three Plzen players left the Czech squad after one of them was positive. Bunch of injuries for both teams too.
The third game against the Czechs will be a joke the way things are going.

Yes, this is what I expected and just means it will all be pretty farcical but what we can't do is feel sorry for ourselves and believe that it's only ourselves who are facing these issues.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We're losing this.

Excuses are already in and there's an air of defeatism.

Would be very pleased if I was wrong but it feels like yet more failure. A shitebaggery awaits.

I think our pundits are underestimating Israel

Even more useless

41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's far from only us who have problems, Israel themselves have been decimated by injuries and our last game against the Czechs was a gimme due to their entire first team squad being eliminated due to covid, so really we've little to complain about.

I'd also add that given that the Czech republic have currently the highest covid rates in Europe, that both they and Slovakia could be facing similar covid issues by the time we actually come to play them.

Fair points.  The whole thing is so depressing, just an utter farce.  The one glimmer of hope is it would be just like Scotland to qualify in these circumstances.  But even if we do, if there's no fans or only a tiny amount at the games what's the fuckin point anyway.  Load of pish.

The underestimating Isreal thing gets me too. Genuinely think they are better than the other two teams in our Nations League group. Eran Zahavi and the lad at Hoffenheim are major threats and whoever is flung in at CB is going to have a job controlling them. Both better than any striker we have IMO.

8 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Fair points.  The whole thing is so depressing, just an utter farce.  The one glimmer of hope is it would be just like Scotland to qualify in these circumstances.  But even if we do, if there's no fans or only a tiny amount at the games what's the fuckin point anyway.  Load of pish.

Yes, that would be typical Scotland.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

The underestimating Isreal thing gets me too. Genuinely think they are better than the other two teams in our Nations League group. Eran Zahavi and the lad at Hoffenheim are major threats and whoever is flung in at CB is going to have a job controlling them. Both better than any striker we have IMO.

They seem to have a mix of top players, mediocre players and pretty poor players who are sub standard at international level, so probably pretty similar to ourselves !!!

Let’s stop making out Israel to be world beaters. There are 32 nations in League A and B. Only us and them haven’t qualified since 1998 - and Israel never have.

They have a couple of useful players but they are base average.

Our problem, as it has been for a long time, is poor management, organisation, and shitting the bed whenever any pressure comes our way.

If they were a decent side, their players would play for decent European clubs. With effectively two exceptions (PSV and Hoffenheim) they don’t.

Go look at their results in recent years. Without Zahavi they’d be a lower ranking Group C team.

Managers are surely going to be very reluctant to release players for international squads if they're losing them to isolation.
Can they even refuse to release them? Hopefully if players start pulling out for no reason we start invoking that rule about not being able to play 5 days before and after the international break or whatever it is.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The only time I've seen Patterson at full-back was when he was getting turned inside out by a 38 year-old policeman from Gibraltar a couple of weeks ago, but clearly Gerrard thinks highly enough of him not to sign another right-back.

Right enough aye, we were lucky to hold on in that game