Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

Burke, McKenna and Palmer injured. Nothing to do with COVID.

Seeing as how all the other players out-with close contact returned negative results, then I assume this match will be good to go?

I’m right in saying we can’t call up any replacements for those 3 given the players being called up have to get a test returned negative which can take 2 days?

No idea what team or tactics Clarke goes with for this. Never had any confidence to begin with.

I've just looked at the squad we now have.  We have so few options.  5 at the back is surely gone now.

Assuming 4-2-3-1 is the only consideration.

We have almost zero options for variation in midfield.  It's McLean, McTominay, Jack, or McGregor for the two in front of the back four.

It then has to be Fraser, Fleck, and McGinn, presumably behind Dykes.

Our subs are then effectively Shankland, McBurnie, and Paterson.  The two missing defensive centre mids.  Plus a couple of centre halves.

What an absolute disaster.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Pick your poison:20201007_150212.thumb.jpeg.a9170b9e49618db5a90013f167737f84.jpeg20201007_150200.thumb.jpeg.cd0e083d2391603767560d5714d79a99.jpeg

Sub in Porteous for Gallagher if you want but I'm not sure Clarke will give a young guy his debut in a game this big, and you can swap Fleck and McGregor in the 4-2-3-1 but I'd quite like to see Fleck in that narrow left role. Jack might play in the 3-5-2.

Former might be o.k.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

We can't call up replacements because they won't get a COVID test in time.

I wonder if we could call up an U21 player though? Could take up Ross McCrorie.

I presume we could call player(s) for the NL games to follow though, right?

My concern would be not having any options for those two matches, as we always end up with minor injuries which prevent players being involved in two matches in a row.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

We already have loads of central midfielders, it's the other positions we could do with adding to.

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I've just looked at the squad we now have.  We have so few options.  5 at the back is surely gone now.

Assuming 4-2-3-1 is the only consideration.

We have almost zero options for variation in midfield.  It's McLean, McTominay, Jack, or McGregor for the two in front of the back four.

It then has to be Fraser, Fleck, and McGinn, presumably behind Dykes.

Our subs are then effectively Shankland, McBurnie, and Paterson.  The two missing defensive centre mids.  Plus a couple of centre halves.

What an absolute disaster.

Sporting disaster

I just hope they can promote some u - 21s to the subs bench

Just now, G51 said:

Just now, DAFC. said:

I’m right in saying we can’t call up any replacements for those 3 given the players being called up have to get a test returned negative which can take 2 days?

Not sure why a test and results would take 2 days. I get tested to go offshore and get tested and results back inside 24 hours. 100s of us do weekly. It obviously is privately funded by the companies.

But they could get covid tested and results back a hell of a lot quicker than 24 hours. If they wanted to pay for it.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'm struggling a bit with this - pretty much all of the players we'll be picking from will be tested by their clubs at some point this week, are we not able to use their clubs negative test as proof they're good to go?

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We already have loads of central midfielders, it's the other positions we could do with adding to.

McCrorie can cover at right back, centre back and centre mid though.

If you're looking at players playing in problem positions, the only RB we could call up would be Nathan Patterson, our CB options are George Johnston and Lewis Mayo, strikers you're looking at Fraser Hornby and James Scott.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm struggling a bit with this - pretty much all of the players we'll be picking from will be tested by their clubs at some point this week, are we not able to use their clubs negative test as proof they're good to go?

UEFA have their own testing in place - that's what happened with Armstrong. He tested negative when he joined the squad on Monday but then tested positive on the UEFA test today.