Hibernian v Aberdeen

21 hours ago, DC92 said:

Ooft.

Not sure why some Aberdeen fans are desperate to start a willy-waving contest about trivial guff after a good win and performance today, but it's interesting to see that fanbase size isn't measured by the number of supporters who go to games, but by "social media activity".

Citation needed on the "catchment area" claim as well. I'm guessing Aberdeen's catchment area stretches from Dundee to the Faroes while Hearts and Hibs are limited to Gorgie and Leith.

https://footballdatabase.com/ranking/scotland/1

You're not even in the top 5 clubs. Off you pop back to your 5 time relegated club in the Championship. See you next year pal.

Fucks sake, yet another fud obsessed with trawling around Hibs.net.

facepalm.jpeg.7562bb71bcbf5eaa1a578f742065774e.jpeg

Any chance the 3 of you can just email each other a summary of the laughable posts you find and keep it off this forum because most of us dinnae really give a shite what some spangle on Hibs.net or JKB or whatever says  (and I include most of the Aberdeen fans in that)?

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You're absolutely right. However its also a massive underachievement that a club the size of Hibs have taken 100 years to win the Scottish cup.

Its appalling from Aberdeen and a massive underachievement for the club during that time period. Theres a definite correlation between Aberdeen's failures and Milnes arrival in 1998. We had our moments under Jimmy Calderwood and Ebbe but overall it was shocking for the decade of the 00's. Its statically speaking Aberdeen's worst period in the clubs history.

However Aberdeen have been to more cup finals (and semis') in that time then any club outside the OF. The problem is that the spending power the OF have has brought them overwhelming success. Aberdeen constantly lose to Celtic in cups finals no matter how hard we push them.

We've also finished in the top 6 considerably more times in that time than any other club in Scotland outside the OF.

Its sad that I'm clinging on to and I'm having to use that as a comparison of success between the best of the rest clubs. 

The decay started under the stewardship of the hopelessly unable Iain Donald. By the time Milne became Chairman we were already in a spiral of failure and financial difficulty that really we only started to climb away from when he appointed McInnes. 

I don't take any comfort in the fact that we regularly get to semis and finals...that's not success, it's just consistency. 

McInnes has done many things right, but his major failing was not winning a trophy in the years when Rangers were pish and Deila was at Celtic. Given the shite that won trophies in that time.....Hibs, ICT, Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone.....it's almost criminal that we kept on fucking up in cup competitions. 

Only McInnes can explain why a team that was generally so far ahead of everyone else (aside from Celtic) in the league, simply couldn't take the extra step and win a few trophies. 

24 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The decay started under the stewardship of the hopelessly unable Iain Donald. By the time Milne became Chairman we were already in a spiral of failure and financial difficulty that really we only started to climb away from when he appointed McInnes. 

I don't take any comfort in the fact that we regularly get to semis and finals...that's not success, it's just consistency. 

McInnes has done many things right, but his major failing was not winning a trophy in the years when Rangers were pish and Deila was at Celtic. Given the shite that won trophies in that time.....Hibs, ICT, Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone.....it's almost criminal that we kept on fucking up in cup competitions. 

Only McInnes can explain why a team that was generally so far ahead of everyone else (aside from Celtic) in the league, simply couldn't take the extra step and win a few trophies. 

Yeah he’s so negative, his style of football can grind out a consistent level, but he’ll never produce an outstanding team. He’s got the firepower to go at teams but he just always holds back. 

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think I genuinely prefer the recent chronic Edinburgh derby threads to Hibs Aberdeen ones.

Finishing bottom 6 a decent option to avoid a 4th thread this season imo.

Well no worries as thats the trajectory for Hibs .. again. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Shite like Hibs that have won more cups than the perennial bottlers Aberdeen over the past nigh on 30 years?  Even shite like my good pals in maroon have managed more cups in this period and they've been relegated, twice! 

Aberdeensed it min aye.

39 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think I genuinely prefer the recent chronic Edinburgh derby threads to Hibs Aberdeen ones.

21 pages for a fairly average 0-1..🤣 wasnt even anything controversial  

Not sure any club in Scotland can say they have underachieved when we are in a league with two teams that out spend us by a very very very large amount... all of us bar two are playing for two cups every season ffs and as they say anything can happen in a cup game..

Aberdeen have a much superior squad to ours at the moment and will finish above us..unfortunately..

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Yeah he’s so negative, his style of football can grind out a consistent level, but he’ll never produce an outstanding team. He’s got the firepower to go at teams but he just always holds back. 

McInnes isn't negative. That's a misconception that is incorrect. In the years he's been at Aberdeen we've outscored and won more games each season than pretty much every team in the league aside from Celtic (laterally Rangers as well). 

That's not the sign of a negative manager.

What he is, is conservative. That's stood us well in certain situations, but it's worked against us as well...mostly in cup games where we allowed weaker opposition to take the initiative when really we should have been killing them off.

In 2014/15/16.....the shite years when dross won the Scottish cup....we allowed ourselves to be knocked out by St Johnstone, Dundee and Hearts in games we should have won. Trophies were there for the taking....even the league in 2014/15..... if he had shown a bit more self-belief in the players and not allow his natural conservatism to overwhelm the side.

McInnes has been by far our best manager since Fergie. He's done a brilliant job in re-building sides for the last 6 years or more. All he needs/needed is/was a trophy or 2. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

On 30/08/2020 at 22:41, Bohemian said:

As a famous man once said...

"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.”

I dont think he took your advice based on his ranting posts today m8 - I suspect his virginity is still intact tbh.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Two for the trophy that we have won this century. We’re generous to ourselves.

What about the Inter City Very Long Arms Across The North Sea Oil Producing Mega Money Rich Brothers On The Rigs Cup?

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Go for it...

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You're absolutely right. However its also a massive underachievement that a club the size of Hibs have taken 100 years to win the Scottish cup.

Its appalling from Aberdeen and a massive underachievement for the club during that time period. Theres a definite correlation between Aberdeen's failures and Milnes arrival in 1998. We had our moments under Jimmy Calderwood and Ebbe but overall it was shocking for the decade of the 00's. Its statically speaking Aberdeen's worst period in the clubs history.

However Aberdeen have been to more cup finals (and semis') in that time then any club outside the OF. The problem is that the spending power the OF have has brought them overwhelming success. Aberdeen constantly lose to Celtic in cups finals no matter how hard we push them.

We've also finished in the top 6 considerably more times in that time than any other club in Scotland outside the OF.

Its sad that I'm clinging on to and I'm having to use that as a comparison of success between the best of the rest clubs. 

Trophies won is the only legitimate measure, imho.

It would be a hard case to make that Ross hasn’t done a good job at Hibs so far. He took over a shambles and we must’ve been one of the better performing sides outside the OF since.

My only question mark with him is that we’ve occasionally had these totally flat, shite performances that are as bad as anything that came before him. Aye Aberdeen won all their battles, didn’t let us in the game and all that but we’ve seen a few other equally limp no shows from us.

We’ve probably got a bit of space above and below us in terms of spending in the league and fourth should be a fair target. Less than that this year and I’d be disappointed in his performance.