The Wildcat Douglas Ross Experiment

Ludo*1

To be fair, and I hate to be fair to the horrid wee racist nyaff, this looks like a f**k up rather than corruption. It's not like he's been doing anything that might be considered a conflict of interest like lobby government on behalf of Scottish Football or The Scottish Parliament, quite the opposite in fact. Perhaps more indicative of just standard Tory not giving AF.

He was well overdoing the mea culpa on Radio Scotland this morning, hoping to draw in SNP attacks when there's f**k all in the story and making them look stupid. No doubt he's got a file on SNP members who broke the rules to fire back.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I absolutely despise Ross, but the guys second jobs are quite well known, he doesnt seem to keep the msp salary and his football earnings are for refereeing. He shouldnt be congratulated for having the three jobs or whatever but hes not doing the same as others with £300k earnings as board members or whatever. 

This is, however, the same Douglas Ross that was howling for Sturgeon to resign because she forgot the date of a meeting, prior to an independent investigation clearing her. I’d argue that 30 grand is harder to forget than a date. 

Douglas Ross is laughing all the way to the bank, and at the taxpayers expense too.

An MP, and MSP and a third job. As Conservative leader he refused to contest a seat, instead relying on the List system which due to the PR we have would guarantee him one at Holyrood. He has no challengers within his party and his party isn't expected to do anything but repeatedly shout "NO INDEPENDENCE! THE SNP ONLY TALK ABOUT INDEPENDENCE!" as loudly as possible while the Mail or Express echo his chamber.

Edited by Ric

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I absolutely despise Ross, but the guys second jobs are quite well known, he doesnt seem to keep the msp salary and his football earnings are for refereeing. He shouldnt be congratulated for having the three jobs or whatever but hes not doing the same as others with £300k earnings as board members or whatever. 

I read that as it's not the corruption or sleaze that bothers you, it's the amount of corruption or sleaze that is at issue.

Which would then raise the question of just how much corruption or sleaze needs to happen in order for it to be a problem.

Bear in mind that this is a pattern for tories, whether small or big, they actively try to deceive the public.

24 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hopefully this is the end of the snivelling wee shite.

Not a chance. incompetence is never going to be a reason for getting rid of an MSP or there would be very few of them left.

And why would you want rid of him? He's fucking useless and more of a help to the independence movement than a hindrance. 

34 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hopefully this is the end of the snivelling wee shite.

Doubtful, unless his constituents sign a recall petition which I can't see happening and don't think that the party leadership will dump him 

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think this a case of incompetence rather than sleaze or fraud.

However, I expect leading politicians to be competent so it’s disappointing.

You must be sadly disappointed in all of the leading politicians in the UK at the moment.

For anyone giving Ross the benefit of the doubt, are you seriously wanting people to believe that a man who knows he would be under scrutiny, who will have access to the best legal and financial advice money can buy, who is well aware of his position as not just MP but MSP and a third job, just somehow "forgets"? Really? Bear in mind he has had months to review his finances, something he is obliged to do by parliamentary regulations (both MP and MSP), yet somehow it's only when his colleagues have been found with their fingers in the biscuit tin does he suddenly now come out and say, "oh, yeah, sorry guv".

Not buying it, not buying it at all.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

For anyone giving Ross the benefit of the doubt, are you seriously wanting people to believe that a man who knows he would be under scrutiny, who will have access to the best legal and financial advice money can buy, who is well aware of his position as not just MP but MSP and a third job, just somehow "forgets"? Really? Bear in mind he has had months to review his finances, something he is obliged to do by parliamentary regulations (both MP and MSP), yet somehow it's only when his colleagues have been found with their fingers in the biscuit tin does he suddenly now come out and say, "oh, yeah, sorry guv".

What did he have to gain by hiding his MSP salary? He's playing the story so he can come back by trawling through every SNP expense claim and declared or undeclared interest and say, "well at least I'm not as bad as him/her".

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Ric said:

There is no real benefit in him hiding this additional income, it's taxed at source and both activities are in full public glare. He should just have stuck to being able to identify dairy cows from behind (his true talent) and running the line. Deploying the "see me, what am I like?" defence is comical. He is the leader of the largest unionist party, keep him there, it will get us to independence more quickly.

He isn't just a unionist, he's a buffunionist.  

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What did he have to gain by hiding his MSP salary? He's playing the story so he can come back by trawling through every SNP expense claim and declared or undeclared interest and say, "well at least I'm not as bad as him/her".

It's just second nature for Tories to think they are better than other people and shouldn't need to follow the rules like other people.

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

He isn't just a unionist, he's a buffunionist.  

Again, just don't buy it.

He is obliged to provide his finances to the relevant regulating bodies, you don't look at an obvious income and think, "no probs there, it's not for the full year, I'll just not bother". It's arrogance on his behalf, and he's shown he has a significant supply of that when needed.