Macclesfield Town RIP

Richey Edwards

Yeah Macclesfield's problems were exacerbated by rather than caused by the pandemic. The club has been a financial basket case ever since returning to the football league.

A real pity, there were a really tough non league club back in the 80s / 90s but in both their spells in the EFL never quite seemed to have the infrastructureo r the money to compete as they should have.

I hope that the fans are able to re-build the club and take the Bury AFC route but they're going to be sitting this season out.

Yeah Macclesfield's problems were exacerbated by rather than caused by the pandemic. The club has been a financial basket case ever since returning to the football league.
A real pity, there were a really tough non league club back in the 80s / 90s but in both their spells in the EFL never quite seemed to have the infrastructureo r the money to compete as they should have.
I hope that the fans are able to re-build the club and take the Bury AFC route but they're going to be sitting this season out.
Just waiting for Bury FC to try to get the vacancy in the league...

I got a smack in the face from a Macclesfield fan after mouthing off to him following a Northern Premier League game, circa 1977. I was about 14, he was in his late 20s. f**k 'em.

On 17/09/2020 at 11:26, Forest_Fifer said:

Just waiting for Bury FC to try to get the vacancy in the league...

Maybe Hearts should apply?

On 16/09/2020 at 15:46, mizfit said:

Think I read Southend have been given 42 days to pay back a similar debt.

The EFL could take a pounding this season.

It's the inevitable result of gr££dy batstardism. The Premier League broke away from the rest of the league "to help the national team", apparently...definitely not so they wouldn't have to share their TV income from the forthcoming TV deals. 

I fucking despise the EPL. 

Went there s couple of times in the past, glaring problem being these foreign owners who seem to live on a different planet, dreaming of the Premier ,but you couldn't continue not paying staff month after month. Many clubs have been promised the earth,Birmingham,Cardiff,Charlton etc. Can honestly expect to see 5-10 clubs go under, whilst fans aren't allowed.