2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

Someone, very likely Pixellot, seem to be recruiting camera operators for Scottish Championship football games:

https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/operators-filming-football-matches/41318072?source=searchResults#/jobs/jobs-in-inverness?sortby=DisplayDate
Thats a bit of a leap. Could be any camera company with a failed AI system desperately scrabbling around to save face

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:
37 minutes ago, RiG said:
Someone, very likely Pixellot, seem to be recruiting camera operators for Scottish Championship football games:

https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/operators-filming-football-matches/41318072?source=searchResults#/jobs/jobs-in-inverness?sortby=DisplayDate

Thats a bit of a leap. Could be any camera company with a failed AI system desperately scrabbling around to save face

In fairness, there's not too many of them to pick from that are based in Inverness.

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well, I mean I guess you could be right. Would be some pretty impressive detective powers if you are ;)

Must admit I'm quite tempted to apply for it :lol: 

£80 to watch ICT and play with a joystick? Winning!

5 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Hearts £18.50. (EIGHTEEN POUNDS FIFTY)

https://bit.ly/2TTacga

Still trying to work out what they mean by they’ve valued it at £15 to season ticket holders?

One assumes that’s to calculate the value they will deduct from your paid ST to determine what they will credit you for next year. Hearts already offered ST holders no access to streaming and a full rollover to next season, if they elected it. Example...let’s say you get a £300 ST and stream games, each game you log into would subtract £15 from your “credit” with Hearts toward a 21-22 ST.

For me, at £18.50 to Hearts, I’m out and will hope RaithTV would watch the game and stream audio...if not, text updates it is!

19 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I'm going to end up convincing myself that its worth the extra money for multiple camera angles. Then being angry at myself for being fleeced. Just hope that our fixture is on the beeb and saves me the turmoil.

The Championship games scheduled for 9 January are now on Tuesday 12 January as all the Championship clubs are in the Scottish Cup second round on the 9th. Dunfermline’s game away to Hearts is now on the Tuesday and unlikely to be on tv.

On 05/11/2020 at 07:58, Black and White Tragic said:

Hearts £18.50. (EIGHTEEN POUNDS FIFTY)

https://bit.ly/2TTacga

Still trying to work out what they mean by they’ve valued it at £15 to season ticket holders?

As a point of principle I doubt many ICT fans will be taking the Hearts stream today.

Shocking price when you consider what other Championship teams are charging.

Week Four reviews...opinions culled from game threads, first hand reports appreciated.

Hearts stream seems to have been OK, in that there were either no watchers complaining or no one paid £18.50 for it.

RaithTV was good (watched it myself, perfect stream, a couple of replay hitches, mostly unbiased commentary)

Ayr TV was marginal...not as stable as the previous game, and possibly a new camera operator.

Arbroath was almost another Pixellot/ICT/bald head fiasco, but slightly more watchable.

Also, reports that Pixellot is looking to hire people to exercise manual control over the camera feed for Championship games.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Week Four reviews...opinions culled from game threads, first hand reports appreciated.

Hearts stream seems to have been OK, in that there were either no watchers complaining or no one paid £18.50 for it.

RaithTV was good (watched it myself, perfect stream, a couple of replay hitches, mostly unbiased commentary)

Ayr TV was marginal...not as stable as the previous game, and possibly a new camera operator.

Arbroath was almost another Pixellot/ICT/bald head fiasco, but slightly more watchable.

Also, reports that Pixellot is looking to hire people to exercise manual control over the camera feed for Championship games.

The latter line is a fact, not a report.

Arbroath was ok, no better than that. The stream was stable. It didn't go down at all. It was Pixellot. The first half random switches to the wrong end of the pitch were unusual, especially once they got Iain Campbell a hat! The longer the game went on the worse it got for random flicks away from the action though, culminating in completely missing an incident where Dobbie burst into the box and switching to halfway. By the time it came back Dobbie was being booked (apparently for diving though the commentary team guessed late challenge on Gaston). It also at no point whatsoever during the game zoomed in or out. So action at the far side of the pitch was hard to see.

Commentary team were clearly working from a screen but within the ground which meant you heard the HT whistle 30 seconds before it happened on screen for instance and heard the cheers for our goal before it happened on screen either. They were a wee bit amateur. No harm to them, it was ok, but weakest of the ones I've heard so far. Morton, Ayr and Dunfermline were all better.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

All but one, I assume ;)

You kind of have sympathy and want other teams to survive and do well and for their fans to reciprocate but today felt like turning up at sommerset handing over £12.50 then getting kicked in the nuts and getting the door shut in your face.

Ah well, mustn’t grumble. At least they tried.

You kind of have sympathy and want other teams to survive and do well and for their fans to reciprocate but today felt like turning up at sommerset handing over £12.50 then getting kicked in the nuts and getting the door shut in your face.
Sure. There's one away club that's risk free for Dunfermline fans though

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:
19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sure. There's one away club that's risk free for Dunfermline fans though

We can trust your hosting.  However ayr proved its not just hosting that can make the stream a problem if clubs aren’t using the right equipment/operators.